TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 03, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: General Discussion (Various Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through July 03, 2012 users admin

Sia

03-10-2002

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 10:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sia a private message Print Post    
I've been watching "American Colony: Meet the Hutterites" with great interest. They're pulled in opposite directions by their older members' desire to maintain their traditions, while the younger people in the colony want to embrace more modern elements of western culture. They remind me of some of my Amish neighbors.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 3:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Geesh, I'm all kinds of messed up!! Yes, that's the name of it Sia! And it's on the National Geographic channel, not the History channel!

Granjan

05-10-2011

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
I love this show. It's amusing that compared to the Amish, these Hutterites are a "wild and crazy" bunch. LOL !! I love Bertha, just want to give her a hug.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Bertha is my favorite too! I like that she's progressive, given her age.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Anybody watching the guy walk across the tightrope over Niagara Falls tonight? Kind of amazing!

Rissa

03-19-2006

Saturday, June 16, 2012 - 4:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I watched Hecka. He made it look so easy, didn't he? I wish the build up (in Canada it was 2 hours on CTV) would have included a better or proper biography on the family and Nik himself. They sort of tossed in one liner factoids in between building the drama about the Niagara walk. The bit with the custom guards at the end was cute.

Curious what you in the USA saw? Did you get a 2 hour special as well? I just saw the one interviewer so did you guys get that feed once he was in Canada?

PS How cute was it seeing the 80 something grandmother still walking the backyard wire?

Gumby

08-14-2004

Saturday, June 16, 2012 - 6:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gumby a private message Print Post    
I watched it too, made me extremely nervous. I don't like bridges and this was too much like a very narrow bridge with swirling water underneath! It was on for 3 hours.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, June 17, 2012 - 7:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Is anyone watching On The Fly? It is Airline under a different title.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, June 17, 2012 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I am tired of REALITY shows that promote and feature bad behaviour. So it's a NO for me.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Sunday, June 17, 2012 - 7:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Yes, I'm watching On The Fly.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, June 17, 2012 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Who, I love it. I had 6 of them on my DVR so I had a marathon yesterday.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Sunday, June 17, 2012 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
I've been enjoying it too. It's amazing how unreasonable some of those customers can get!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, June 17, 2012 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I used to watch Airline all the time. In fact I'm sitting in the airport waiting for my 4 hour delayed flight. Grrr. I haven't caught On the Fly yet, but I may watch, eventually. I always found it so interesting. Weary travelers do tend to lose it quite often. Sometimes a delayed flight will cause a burst of tears but I was too tired to cry this morning. LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, June 17, 2012 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I keep meaning to but don't really know when it is on and havne't managed to look it up yet, lol.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
This should be interesting...NBC's Stars Earn Stripes..

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/06/19/wesley-clark-nbc-reality/

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, June 21, 2012 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I noticed a show starting Sunday called "The Great Escape"

http://www.showcase.ca/ontv/titledetails.aspx?titleid=286010&root_title_id=286049

Riviere

09-09-2000

Friday, June 22, 2012 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Riviere a private message Print Post    
The Great Escape looks fun, yet physically very demanding. Hope there will be some 'Mole' like puzzles to solve and sidestep some tasks that rely on muscles...
Or as a pal jokes: finishing a crossword first to win a prize doesn't mean eating it!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, June 22, 2012 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
There's a "preview" of the Daytime Emmys on HLN right now. There will be a red carpet show at 6 p.m., Central time tomorrow, same channel. Daytime Emmys start at 7 p.m., Central time, tomorrow on HLN.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Saturday, June 23, 2012 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Big Baboon House on National Geographic Wild.

So far, it's like Meerket Manor, but indoors. Just saw a snippet..taping to watch later.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, June 28, 2012 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching MTV Real World - St Thomas?

The first episode was last night - the 7 kids met and went to their own island on St Thomas.

DD was watching with me - "how come everyone is paired off but the tatoo guy?" My thought, who thought it was a good idea for him to be on the show? He seems like a nice stable kid - then he talks about being an addict - and clean for 6 months - he has a huge red scar on his arm "what's that?" "its what you think it is" (he cut himself) and of course the first night drinking, he drinks, and then he writes in a journal. He notices that the girl he has a crush on, has a crush on "the all american dude" (who says he was most popular, football guy, Prom King etc)

I cant believe this is the 27 "season" of Real World!

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Thursday, June 28, 2012 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
I watched Reader. All I can say is bad idea to bring him on the show, he is obviously troubled and only 6 months clean...

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 30, 2012 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Finished Great Escape!! I really liked it, it was fun and seemed to be really challenging. I am looking forward to the next show.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 30, 2012 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh and is shabby chic back in or something? I saw three different shows on HGTV today that were about going to flea markets or junk stores to decorate houses. It still all looks like junk to me, LOL.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Monday, July 02, 2012 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Am I the only one that thought Anderson Cooper was already "out"?

why is this is "story"?

Missy890

05-24-2011

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy890 a private message Print Post    
We always heard rumors/gossip but it was never confirmed by him. I agree with you Reader, "why is this a story'?