TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 25, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: The Real Housewives of New Jersey: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 25, 2012 users admin

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
Anyone else hear that Lauren went ahead and had lap band surgery?

She did and she looks FANTASTIC! I posted a recent picture a few weeks ago.

FWIW I was called Bertha Big But by my mom and brother my whole life and I don't hold that against them.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
I found a recent one

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
Lauren says she works out 2 hours a day and eats healthy. A Lap-Band is not a quick fix

Lorib

05-18-2011

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lorib a private message Print Post    
Lauren was beautiful before and is beautiful now. Her Mothers comments were cruel and unnecessary .
It doesn't mean Caroline doesn't love her, but the "Iron Hand" Caroline, doesn't need to be so blunt/unfeeling on this particular subject. I would prefer listening to Albert say "If all else fails Daddy will get you a lap band" a hundred times over her Moms little remarks...At least he gets it and is saying what he feels in a loving way...

Alisons

01-10-2003

Thursday, June 21, 2012 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
If my best friend (I am 50 and have had the same best friend since age 12) told me her side of a story, that is what I would publically run with no matter what. I might give her another point of view in private, but I can't imagine going on national TV and acting 'confused' because I did not know what the 'truth' was. Just not best friend behavior. And when my best friend has had in-law issues, no one has ever had to wonder what side I was on. I don't think anyone would even dream of questioning it. I guess we all see these women through the lens of our own experience, and that is mine.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Thursday, June 21, 2012 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
told me her side of a story,

That's the problem. Teresa never told her what the truth was. Teresa simply said "everything's fine" when court records and articles were saying otherwise. Teresa and Joe LIED in their bankruptcy filing and were facing jail time. That is why they withdrew their bankruptcy petition.

If my best friend was telling me everything is fine and I was seeing differently I would certainly call her out on it. I can handle anything just don't lie to me about it and pretend everything is fine when it is clearly not.

And when my best friend has had in-law issues, no one has ever had to wonder what side I was on. I don't think anyone would even dream of questioning it.

So if your best friend, her in-laws and you all worked together closely, you had to travel with them and interact on a TV show what would you do? What if these people had done nothing to you and were being perfectly nice to you, would you just ignore them and hate them, because your friend hates them? Wouldn't it be better to find common ground and all work together instead of being miserable and fighting every time you had to around each other?

If Teresa would have just been nice to her in-laws, welcomed them on the show and killed them with kindness, none of the ugly stuff that has gone on would have happened.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, June 21, 2012 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Lauren looks great in that pic. I've always thought she was a cute girl. I would love to have her smile... i've always hated mine... isn't that a terrible thing to think about oneself? Shame on me!

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, June 21, 2012 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
2 HOURS a DAY? + Lapband surgery - omg - that poor girl -

I just cannot imagine keeping up that routine forever - I admire her for all that she has done - she needs support and like others have said, I'm sure there is more that is behind the scenes, but wow 2 hours a day... that is dedication!

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, June 22, 2012 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Frogichick, thanks for the link to Teresa and Jacqueline's blogs.

They cleared up many things for me. Very interesting re the Danielle/Melissa link. Never saw that one coming.

To this viewer, it was very obvious this season that Caroline and Jacqueline just couldn't get close enough to the newbies, Melissa and Kathy. Wonder if it had anything to do with camera time?

Lauren looks fantastic!

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Friday, June 22, 2012 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
Very interesting re the Danielle/Melissa link. Never saw that one coming.

That is what Teresa and Danielle fought about at the reunion the season before Melissa joined the cast. It was the reunion that Teresa shoved Andy Cohen. I think the fight about Melissa at the reunion is why Bravo wanted her to come on. They saw how it set off Teresa and they knew they would have drama.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Friday, June 22, 2012 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
http://www.bravotv.com/blogs/the-dish/exclusive-lauren-manzo-loves-her-new-beach-bod-and-not-being-a-mean-girl

Exclusive: Lauren Manzo Loves Her New Beach Bod and Not Being a 'Mean' Girl

The RHONJ daughter opens up about her Lap-Band surgery, the haters and her brother's touching words.

By Mike Hess | June 21, 2012

<snip>

With Vito on her side, one of the most touching moments Lauren has faced was from her brothers -- Chris in particular. While the Manzo boys are huge fans of sarcasm and love to tease everyone in their family, Lauren tells us: "Christopher said something really sweet to my mom when I first got it: I ended up being right on the brink of severely obese and morbidly obese for my height and weight according to my doctor ... and when my mom told Christopher that, he got really quiet and said 'Mom, that makes me really sad because I don't want her to feel like she's fat. She's not, she's beautiful.' When my mom told me that, I wanted to cry. As much as we tease each other -- I tease them all the time too -- he got really upset.

<snip>

Alisons

01-10-2003

Saturday, June 23, 2012 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
Perez Hilton posted an article about some financial dealings of the Gorgas if anyone is interested.

Alisons

01-10-2003

Sunday, June 24, 2012 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
Here's the link:

http://perezhilton.com/search/Melissa%20Gorga#.T-ZiDHDXylc

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Sunday, June 24, 2012 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Interesting show, especially at the party for Melissa's premier thingy. Well well well, some of the truth came out! Melissa was feeding info to Danielle a couple of seasons ago. So Teresa had reason to not trust/like Melissa. I saw a video on RumorFix dot com done by Alex McCord (from RHONY) and she outted Bravo BIG TIME about how they manipulate and mastermind these fights. So it completely explains why Bravo brought Melissa on board. It came across to viewers that Teresa had NO reason to dislike or distrust Melissa, when in fact, she did. So they dropped Danielle and brought in Melissa, all the while making it appear that Melissa was completely innocent in the whole "Teresa vs Melissa" line

This probably doesn't make much sense, but there were some real "ah-ha" moments tonight! And I loved it that Caroline got shut down by Joe Gorga when she was dissing Teresa. Joe stood up for his sister, and Caroline looked like a big jackass

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Sunday, June 24, 2012 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Here's a link to the RumorFix video done by Alex McCord. Bravo must HATE it that Alex is telling the behind the scenes secrets! I think Alex did a bang-up job with this!

http://rumorfix.com/?s=alex+mccord

Yes, she's talking about the behind the scenes stuff relating to RHONY, but I'm sure it's the same for all of the cities

Lorib

05-18-2011

Monday, June 25, 2012 - 4:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lorib a private message Print Post    
I sympathize with Teresa, because it sucks when ONE person becomes furious at something and holds onto it.then proceeds to turn everyone against you.
Caroline, this move has been done before, did my Mother in law teach you?

Sincerely,

Alienated (but once adored) Daughter in law

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, June 25, 2012 - 5:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
There is not one character on this show that is remotely likable....OK maybe Rosie.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, June 25, 2012 - 5:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
So from last night's episode it's clear Melissa did have contact with Danielle and was feeding her "inside information" about Teresa before joining the cast. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

And why would Jacqueline feel the need to confront Teresa right in the middle of this party?

I have never heard of Melissa's song. Was it any kind of hit?

Rosie was very funny at the party!

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Monday, June 25, 2012 - 5:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Reenie, that's what I was trying to say above, ha ha! Sometimes my brain moves differently than my fingers. I have always found Teresa to be an airhead, but thought she wasn't able to make her issues clear. They ALL scream and yell and don't know how to communicate. But it sure painted everyone in a different light now, didn't it? I was glad to see some of that cleared up!

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, June 25, 2012 - 6:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
HUKD - I also think Teresa is a dim light bulb BUT it seems as if Melissa did betray her to Danielle. Why would Melissa do that? I guess she wanted to be on the show. WRONG, WRONG, WRONG to betray your husband's sister like that.

As you said, they are always screaming and yelling and it's impossible to figure out what really has gone on. So glad that we got some clarification last night. It was unexpected.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Monday, June 25, 2012 - 6:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
Why would Melissa do that? I guess she wanted to be on the show. WRONG, WRONG, WRONG to betray your husband's sister like that.

This was 3 years ago and it came out at the reunion when Danielle was still a cast member. Yes it was wrong but it was before Melissa came on the show. That said you KNOW the producers went after Melissa after they saw the reaction Teresa had to even Melissa being brought up. I was glad to see Melissa admit it was wrong and apologize for her behavior. That is my issue with Teresa. She never admits ANY faults. Teresa is not 100% wrong, but she playing a huge roll in all these disagreements.

It's sad to see Teresa only tried to reconcile with her family once she had a falling out with Jacqueline and Caroline. Whatever it takes I am glad they are trying. Sadly I don't think it lasts for long.

Teresa needs to stop playing teams. Can't they find a way to all get along together.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Monday, June 25, 2012 - 6:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MGIvZnPx00&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLFCB81016E188A895

Here is Melissa's song On Display. It's a dance song. It is what it is. From what I hear it did OK on Itunes. I've heard worse

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Monday, June 25, 2012 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWXu_hS5kmk&feature=related

Here is the new song Rockstar

and below is the song she did for Joe How Many Times. I think I like it best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY3kRoUSfVo&feature=related

Serate

08-21-2001

Monday, June 25, 2012 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
And why would Jacqueline feel the need to confront Teresa right in the middle of this party?

MY question is why the heck ws Jacqueline so upset that Teresa didn't rush over and love on her at the party. Jacqueline told Teresa at the end of the "awakening" that she was going to distance herself from Teresa and her family. What was Teresa supposed to think?? I got "awakened" and told you were going to distance yourself from me but even so the first time I see you - which was in a VERY public place - I am going to forget you said you were distancing yourself from me and run over and hug you and kiss your ass?

Redpen

07-24-2003

Monday, June 25, 2012 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
This was the last RH city I was watching. After this season's reunion show I will be done with it. Some of these people have issues that should be dealt with offscreen. Not fun anymore.