TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 25, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Real Housewives of OC: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 25, 2012 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, May 25, 2012 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Cricket, you can be "separated" or "legally separated," depending on the state you live in. Just because one is "separated" from their spouse, i.e. moved out the day before, does not mean they can "date" without the possibility of nullifying a pre-nup, being charged with adultery or abandonment, etc. etc. However, once a couple has been granted an Order from the Court issuing a "legally separation," both parties are free to date without worry of any legal repercussions. Let me clarify, this is how it is in Louisiana. This may not apply to all states.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Friday, May 25, 2012 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
If I can recall correctly, I seem to remember seeing Vicki go away with Tamara and she was with Brooks there and she was still living with Don. Someone tell me am I correct? If so then maybe that is what her daughter meant when she said that she knew more than her mom thought she did.

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Saturday, May 26, 2012 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
I always thought Vicki was having an affair. She was working late, right... She sure makes time for Brooks and doesn't have to cut her time short with him to go back to the office.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, May 26, 2012 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Vicki has been a hypocrit from season one. Every time she crosses herself as if she's praying, it makes my skin crawl.

Kudos to Brianna for being the great person she is in spite of her mom and I hope she has many years of happiness with her new husband.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Saturday, May 26, 2012 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the info, Lexiegirl.

When I posted about being separated, I was wondering about so-called rumors re Brianna dating her husband before he was 'divorced' in one of the articles.

One can be separated before going to court necessarily. Sometimes a couple just doesn't get divorced right away, but live separate lives.

Re Vicki, I do believe Brooks was seen on TV before Vicki and Donn separated. He wouldn't be my cup of tea. My only thing with Brianna being a bit harsh with her mother is it's obvious she's hurt that Vicki is divorcing Donn, but should Vicki live her life to please her children or herself? No matter how they tried, it was obvious there wasn't love left between her and Donn anymore. Donn needed to drink to get his anger out at her and it was seen a few times. That isn't a healthy relationship for either of them.

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Saturday, June 09, 2012 - 10:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
I watched last week's episode today (the second episode of them being in Costa Rica). I can't believe no one has commented about the episode.

While Alexis may not be my favorite, those women ganging up on her was awful. It would not surprise me if the women are correct that sometimes she comes across as not being authentic. And, my goodness, they should know. All they've got to do is look in their own mirrors to see replicas of that which they speak.

As I said, Alexis may not be my favorite. However, I cannot stand people who think it is just perfectly okay to, as a group, humiliate someone in this way. I feel for Alexis, in particular, about Gretchen. I just think that if you are really a friend, you speak to your friend one on one. You don't join in the chorus of humiliating your friend. Especially, when the chorus includes the, wouldn't trust her for a second, Tamra.

And is Vicki on drugs??!! <--- said jokingly.

The woman was all over the place with her emotions. Although she talked about a variety of things that are affecting her, she eventually got back around to Brianna getting married without telling her. I don't know, but, I'm thinking a controlling momma is not dealing well with having an independant child.

I wonder if everyone will be like nothing ever happened on the next episode.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, June 10, 2012 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
As much as I dislike Alexis, I thought it was brutal the way they ambushed her. It really wasn't either Tamra's or Heather's place to talk to her since neither are friends with her.

I also felt sorry for her that she could only go for two days because she had to get home to take care of her children and husband. Jim does absolutely nothing around the house and when he does he complains that she is not living up to "their contract."

And honestly, if I had a mother like Vicki, I would have also eloped.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
I finally watched the Costa Rica show last night. I, too, felt bad for Alexis. It was like picking on a little kid. Just mean. Maybe Vickie's fluctuating emotions could be the result of her going through menopause?

Anyway, I had a couple of chuckle out loud moments during the last show. One was when they were planting the trees and Vickie said something about how sad it will be when one of them dies. The looks on the other women's faces still makes me laugh as I type this. Other chuckles came watching them on the white water rafting trip....if ever there were a group of women who should not do that, it would be this group. And you know it had to be rapids for beginners. But it was nice to have a break from all the silly bickering and hateful comments to each other. I wish they could go back to the format of just watching them live their lives and not all this manufactured fighting.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I didn't feel one bit bad for Alexis. They may have done her a favor. She really thinks she's an anchor and she's not. She ran off her previous friend by her contstant competition bragging and she's going to lose Gretchen as a friend if she keeps acting this way.

She was very much responsible for all the Vicki bashing and attacking last year and now that it's against her she can't take it. She loved doing it.

I didn't know the Vicki from the last episode. What is up with her?

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
The Vicki of the last couple of seasons who is always crossing herself and talking about what God does and doesn't like is not the Vicki from my memory of the "early years". She also seems even more needy.

We have just seen the ep where Vicky unveils her shame and embarassment to all about Briana getting married. And the kids meet Brooks. Made my skin crawl.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
http://www.playlist927.com/

Slade apparently has a radio show. He is on now interviewing Tamra

Kellsma

08-27-2002

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellsma a private message Print Post    
Last nights show was hilarious. That Sara gal is something else. First of all Alexis you don't bring an uninvited guest to a private party. Secondly, you don't defend your friend who broke off a piece of the cake. I really like Terry and Heather. I loved when Heather offered Sara an Oreo. If it had been Alexis' party and a guest did that to her cake she would have been all over that person.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Does anyone else find Heather's husband Terry to have a very familiar face? He's a plastic surgeon, but he looks like someone I've seen on TV.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
They all look alike to me Huk!

DD was watching the rerun with me - and she thought it was "just a cake" - I think it was the setting, like Heather said, it was more like a wedding cake, not a birthday cake - 'who does that'? I've seen people swipe the frosting off birthday cakes, but not wedding cakes.

I was very touched that Kara and Tamra talked - you could tell, or got a glimpse on how close those 2 families must've been at one time - I know that Jeanna's beyond her time, but I still love seeing her, and am reminded the whole Housewife thang is because of her! (a friend close to her family thought her family was so crazy, her friends so crazy that they were a show all by themselves, they wouldnt have to write anything!)

and I do think the whole "gang up on" is done too often on this show, but its too easy to do it without realizing it - So I get why Alexis was trying to defuse the situation, but it was still so much wrong! (and it was funny how they went in to the bathroom and /Alexis was telling Sara she had a drunk eye - - and what was all that "roped off area" about? I thought they crossed the roped off area and were going to get in to trouble for that!)

and I think they said that they were allowed to bring a guest, and that Gretchen invited Jeanna and Kara (or the producers of OC told Gretchen to invite Jeanna and Kara!)

Ronda

07-20-2009

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ronda a private message Print Post    
I sooooooooo agree with you Kells.... I could NOT believe that Alexis was was not only defending Sarah but she told Heather that she was over reacting!

Hunk, Terry's brother is either the lead singer or guitar player in a famous 80's band... I just cant remember what band it is...

Debra

11-19-2003

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debra a private message Print Post    
Terry was on a show called The Swan and Bridalplasty.

Terry's IMDB page

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
THE SWAN, THAT'S IT!!!! YaY for you Debra! The psychologist on that show, Dr. Lynn Ianni, is a high school friend of my sister and me. Lynn and I were in the same Girl Scout patrol and never did what we were supposed to do, ha ha! We'd be down at the river when we were supposed to be forging a trail or something.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Good find Debra - Huk, that's a "small world"!

and Ronda - I had to google:

quote:
Kevin Mark DuBrow (October 29, 1955 – November 25, 2007) was an American rock singer best known as the lead vocalist of the Heavy Metal band Quiet Riot from 1975 until his death in 2007. On December 10, 2007, media reported that DuBrow had been pronounced dead on the afternoon of November 25, 2007, and that the cause of death was cocaine overdose.[1]

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I still think Jeanna is a big fake. Her daughter didn't even understand or know the truth of what was going on and Jeanna was hiding behind her. She did go to the tabloids with anything Tamra's ex told her. Some friend.

There's just something sneaky about her. When she went to the weight loss thing (there was a show) not one person there liked her. They couldn't all be wrong.

Kara seems to be a very strong person...maybe too strong. She's a beautiful girl.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Thursday, June 21, 2012 - 3:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
First of all Alexis you don't bring an uninvited guest to a private party.

Alexis said on Twitter she didn't, the producers had them ride together. Also per Twitter Peggy and her husband Micah were invited, but chose not to go.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Thursday, June 21, 2012 - 3:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
http://www.bravotv.com/blogs/the-dish/heather-dubrows-80s-connection

Heather Dubrow's '80s Connection

Tucked in the drama of Tuesday's big bunco party, was a mini-revelation you might have missed. When The Real Housewives of Orange County gents arrived decked in their finest spandex (and mullets -- Slade Smiley, you wore it well), you might have heard Terry Dubrow tell his wife (and newest RHOC lady) Heather, "Am I Kevin or what?"

The Kevin he was referring to. . . Kevin Dubrow, Terry's brother and, coincidentally, the lead singer of '80s hair metal band Quiet Riot.

Yes, "Cum On Feel the Noize" Quiet Riot. And even more Bravo coincidences -- Quiet Riot was managed by one Kim Richards (no, not The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Kim Richards -- the other Kim Richards, a music biz veteran who worked with Pink Floyd, David Bowie, and others).

Terry shares a little more about his brother in the bonus clip below, but we had to ask Heather, what she remembers about the charismatic, hair-spray soaked lead singer.

"They were such extreme opposites! Can you imagine two brothers -- a rock star and a plastic surgeon?" Heather shares. "Terry was athletic and a serious student, whereas Kevin had no interest in sports and was crazy about music from the time he could walk. Despite the differences I was shocked to see Terry when he put on his brothers stage outfit with a wig. They looked identical! It freaked Terry out even more,as he had a very complicated relationship with his rockstar brother made even more difficult by Kevin's premature death four years ago."

Heather remembers the rocker fondly, "Kevin was a talented guy. I grew up listening to his music. His family, friends, and fans miss him a lot."

I seriously can't get Come on Feel the Noise out of my head now, lol. I am going to be singing it all day ugh

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Thursday, June 21, 2012 - 4:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
I understood Heather being upset about the cake. Sara was obviously drunk. Alexis didn't want what happened to her in Costa Rica to happen to Sara. I understood that too so she was trying to get folks to calm down.

Kara and Tamra's talk lost my interest when Tamra started crying (was it crying?) which I didn't see as genuine emotion but a ploy for sympathy. I used to really like Tamra, she is alot of fun. Not so much this season. Surprisingly my fav's this season are Vicki and Alexis because they aren't being the mean girls like the others.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Thursday, June 21, 2012 - 5:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
I find Brooks to be 10 times more smarmy than Slade. At least Gretchen is being realistic in what she wants from her relationship with Slade. Vicki, as many sites say, is just iccky

Ronda

07-20-2009

Thursday, June 21, 2012 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ronda a private message Print Post    
Thank you Reader and Frog for finding what group he was in... now that song is stuck in my head!!

Shenanagon, it's crazy, I feel the complete opposit of you.... I never liked Tamra, but his season I like her ALOT. Alexis used to be my fave, but I can't stand here this year.. Never liked Vicki and I don't think I ever will lol

What really has surprised me this season is how much I like Heather. She is very calm, and I think that has kinda helped Tamra too.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, June 25, 2012 - 4:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Watched the latest episode and felt it was a bit obvious that Brooks just rented the fur coat for the night. Brook's said, "for tonight" when he gave it to her and it was in the company's garment bag. It would've been boxed if it was a gift. I wonder if Vicki ended up buying it to save face. Oopsie Vicki!! I don't think Brooks knew what to say when she got so excited and they were on camera.