TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 20, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: The Real Housewives of New Jersey: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 20, 2012 users admin

Alisons

01-10-2003

Monday, June 18, 2012 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
Hukd, I think it is safe to say that MENSA won't be recruiting off RHONJ anytime soon!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, June 18, 2012 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
If the conversation last night seemed "disjointed," according to Jacque's blog, it went on for over 5 hours BEFORE Caroline showed up!!!

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Monday, June 18, 2012 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
I'm sure that's true, since it was daylight when it started and nighttime when it ended!

Agree... definitely no MENSA recruits there!

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 6:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
I suggest reading Teresa's (especially hers) and Jacqueline's Bravo blogs this week WOW, just WOW!!!!

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-jersey/season-4/blogs

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 6:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Thanks for posting the link Frogichik.

and I wondered how long they filmed that - it seems to me that Teresa, and Jaq to some extent, are mindful of the "show" aspect (and being paid for this hot mess) and go around with that in mind - I'm tired of hearing many of the HW refer to "the show" (because, it is a fact, it a show, most of these women would never gather if not for "the show")

Teresa appeared way too normal on Celebrity Apprentice, and she used that gathering to promote herself on WWHL - I dont think Andy is told what or what not to ask - I do think he saves some of the juicy questions for when the reunion happens when the other HW make each other more accountable... he'll ask an obvious question of something they said and did - and when they deny it, or try and "spin" it differently, he'll say, huh, ok - then he'll hit them with it again with the tapes of the show on the Reunion Show...

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
If Teresa's blog is honest (I haven't watched this show for a few seasons) she makes some very good points.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 7:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
I agree Shenanagon. I think every HW show needs a "villan" and they've put Teresa into that role. In fact though, Caroline is the evil one, IMO!

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 7:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Caroline just loves being the 'matriarch" in a relationship - she's mentioned how her dh's family was with the restaurant, and she is admired for taking on that role - I think she watched season one and thought she put too much out there for her kids - and it wasnt good, she tried to manipulate it a bit I thought the 2nd season, and again - those boys are grown @ss men, but are little boys - so she controls what she can on how people talk about her family -

its her "schtick" part of "who she is" in her mind - she fights to the finish for her kids, so - going after Teresa, and "Ill never forgive you for it, never" does indeed help put Teresa in that "villian" role

the disconnect for me is when they went on vacation to Italy - all of them, that to me seemed genuine! All locked up on a boat no escape - and no drama screaming matches -

and it is beyond sad how Gia and Milania are on tv... and I do hate when Andy on WWHL puts together a montage of the girls... so when they grow up and are truly messed up, they'll blame it on "TV child star syndrome" as opposed to the fact they had no boundaries with their parents... and their parents didnt parent! imo

Alisons

01-10-2003

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
ITA Hukd! I read Teresa's blog and it made sense to me. God help me!

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
its her "schtick" part of "who she is" in her mind - she fights to the finish for her kids, so - going after Teresa, and "Ill never forgive you for it, never" does indeed help put Teresa in that "villian" role

The problem is the crux of the fights happened off camera and about issues that have not been discussed on the show. I keep hearing that Teresa told Dina that Caroline was going to sabotage a business deal of Dina's and that's why they are not speaking.

None of us really know.

I don't think anyone is the villan. I think they are friends/family who are in a huge argument in front of the world and each side has outsiders whispering in their ears.

I lean toward Jacqueline and Caroline more because they seem more real. Teresa just puts on a smile and pretends everything is OK. She NEVER admits her part in all this drama. My friends call each other on our crap. To me that is what friends do. I would never be friends with someone who had no opinion and just agreed with everything I said.

Also I think if Teresa just welcomed her family on the show and supported their efforts this would never happen, but Teresa wanted it all to herself.

If I was on a show and was able to make money from it I would want my brother to have the same opportunities I have.

I find it ironic that Teresa got so upset that Kathy didn't want to open a restaurant because it would take her away from her children, which Teresa took as a dig at her. Low and behold Joe and Teresa sold their restaurant because Joe & T did have the huge amount of time to run it properly. Exactly what Kathy said SHE was worried about.

Teresa also just lies too much. One minute she says she has been paid by the tabloids the next she isn't paid. We ALL KNOW they are getting paid and there is nothing wrong with it. Just admit it.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
ITA Hukd! I read Teresa's blog and it made sense to me. God help me!

Teresa bringing up Jac's husband cheating, her ex-husband who was arrested (all charges were later dropped), etc. were WAY below the belt.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
..or Teresa is getting paid by the tabloids, but she "doesn't know what they are going to write."

I think Teresa really does think everyone is just that dumb to believe what she says.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
"doesn't know what they are going to write."

She may not, but if you take pictures for them, then you are condoning what they say. Just be honest and say you need the money and the tabloids are paying you. Who cares?!

I think what Teresa is TRYING to say she just gets paid for the pictures and not the articles. Somehow in her mind she is convinced there is a difference.

A LOT of celebs do this. They don't technically get paid for articles, they get paid for the licensing of the photos. That way they can say they aren't paid to do the article.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I truly don't know which HW is the worst pot stirrer. I used to think it was Nene but know I don't know. These contrived ,set up scenes are ironical the phrase " reality tv "is used. I am no longer watching "Dance Mom's" and "Breaking Point". What is wrong with me that I cannot get over the "addiction" of watching these stupid HW's ?

Admitting that I watch crap like this is like buying the Enquirer in the grocery store when no one is looking. The worst show of all to admit that I watch is "Basketball Wives" where very few are even married to an NBA player. The low class behavior on that show even got to the Executive producer , Shaq's ex-wife. I don't think she wants her kids to know she is involved with those who display such poor behavior as so called grown ups.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
ITA with everything you have said Frogi!

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
http://www.realhousewivesreport.blogspot.com/

This is a 16 year old blogger and Teresa fan, but he saw the truth as I did in this episode

Teresa! How can you build a garage WITH an apartment on top when you have NO MONEY to pay for it? You were currently trying to pay off your debts. From the money you made from your books, to the TV show, all that money should be going into your savings and paying off your debt, NOT building new parts to your house, even if Joe is doing it himself. You still have to buy the materials and permits to do so.

<snip>

How could you say to Jacqueline, whom you just called you Best Friend, "If you want I'll give you my attorney's phone number and you can speak with him?" She's you friend, she wants to hear the truth from YOUR MOUTH!!! not your attorney's, not tabloids, your's! She's your friend, who actually took the time to WANT TO CARE about you, and now you tell to her ask your attorney....not cool...that a check on my con list for you Teresa...and this is your first....because i do adore you and love you, but that's not something you should have done.

<snip>

Stormie

03-01-2007

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I thought I'd check out Carolyn and Dina's brother's wedding, but instead of a happy occasion, the episode seemed more about bashing Teresa yet again. These are adults. It's gotten out of hand. And to me BRAVO TV is the instigator. I'm hoping, though, that everyone on the show is in on what BRAVO is doing, and not actually seeking to hurt Teresa, but I don't know. I do think, though, that BRAVO set this whole thing up and went after Teresa for ratings. They want grown adult viewers to take sides as if everyone is a prepubescent child. You'd think after what happened on the other housewives show, the suicide, they'd be more sensitive to bullying, I guess not. Well, aside from the Teresa bashing, I guess it was a nice wedding.

Dina has already said Teresa did nothing to cause the rift between she and Carolyn. In saying that Teresa did (over and over), Carolyn is also saying Dina is malleable and stupid. Carolyn needs to own her portion of whatever went on between them and deal with it, rather than blame someone else and not take responsibility. I wonder, though, if part of the problem is that Carolyn is no longer able to control Dina. I remember when the dinner argument happened with Danielle and her book, Carolyn kept telling Dina to sit, even though she had wanted to leave several times. I think that is when Dina had had enough, but also enough of Carolyn, who doesn't seem to be able to accept her as an equal. Also, maybe Carolyn is jealous of Dina's tv show, and rather than admit that to herself, she is blaming Teresa. But, who knows, it's just speculation. All in all, Carolyn and Dina are the only ones responsible for their rift, and are the only ones who can fix the problem.

Who in their right mind believes tabloids are truth tellers? More nonsense. It's crazy, these people have lies, twists and spins written about them too. And if Teresa ever did or does choose to try to clear up some of those lies, in said rag, so what. I don't buy that everyone saw the same rag and cared, so it makes me wonder if those tabloids paid BRAVO TV for the advertising, bc BRAVO sure gave them a lot of airtime. Teresa had addressed this stuff on her blog and website last week:

bravotv.com/blogs/teresa-giudice/cover-girl-June_12,2012

teresagiudice.com/June_12,2012_Post_Cover_Girl

Like I said above, I hope they are all in on it and getting paid well, bc the consequences, which are not good, falls on these women and their families, not BRAVO TV, who will end up skipping to the bank. I worry for Jacqueline most of all. Anyway, this week Teresa address' the ambush and other aspects of what was said in her blog, link below.

bravotv.com/blogs/teresa-giudice/you-cant-argue-with-crazy_June_18,2012

Excerpt:
....Before I get into that though, I have to address what my brother said about my parents: it’s not true. I knew Joey could be petty, like his comment about our carport (which he knew we were always going to do), but I didn’t know he could be so disrespectful or hurtful to our parents. My parents are very private people, and I’m not going to compromise their privacy by saying anything else, but shame on him!....

Lorib

05-18-2011

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lorib a private message Print Post    
I caught the thing about their parents also, and All I was thinking, Your parents have lived in a house you bought and you sold it and pay their rent now.. Somehow that sounded weird. If you needed a smaller home for them,why would you not leave them in the home they have been living in rather than moving them more than needed. Which makes me wonder if this is where some of Joey and His dad's problems stem from, not necessarily from
"juicy joe"... I believe with all my heart Teresa is the target. And I for one, who was one of her biggest supporters,have grown to despise Caroline. And I have NO WORDS for her calling Lauren "a chunka monk" ......UGH

Piper45840

03-02-2006

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Piper45840 a private message Print Post    
I couldn't agree more Stormie and Lorib

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Chunka monk was mean! Why haven't we heard her be supportive? Gosh, I'd be telling her that she's beautiful, that she shouldn't put so much pressure on herself, and hey Caroline... maybe if you joined a club with her or went walking with her?

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 7:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
hey Caroline... maybe if you joined a club with her or went walking with her?

They have a gym in the basement and a trainer thatcomes to the house. Remember from Season 1 & 2 when the manzo's were working out together.

Why haven't we heard her be supportive?

Just because we haven't seen it on the show doesn't mean it's not happening.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Why haven't we heard her be supportive?
Just because we haven't seen it on the show doesn't mean it's not happening.

Even if she WAS supportive off-screen, I've seen enough of how negative she is with Lauren to make what I believe to be a reasonable judgement. We don't have to agree on this.

Donnagg

08-11-2007

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Donnagg a private message Print Post    
I've heard her being supportive of Lauren. She has told Lauren not to compare herself to her brothers. I've also heard her say other nice things. I think Caroline is being a realist when it comes to weight lose, there is is no magic formula, Lauren has to figure out what works for
Lauren.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Sorry, but it's those negative things (especially said by a parent) that stick in our minds. It's like saying, "for a fat chick, you sure don't sweat much"

Chieko

11-20-2003

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Anyone else hear that Lauren went ahead and had lap band surgery?