TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 24, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Real Housewives of OC: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 24, 2012 users admin

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
Chieko Tamra did in fact have her implants removed and from the pictures she posted she looks fantastic

Chieko

11-20-2003

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Thanks Frogichik, I think that may be a good trend.

Watching2

07-07-2001

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
Chieko - I thought they would go to one of Lisa and Ken's restaurants. I was surprised they didn't do the cross-over, too.

I didn't hear them say on the show that Briana doesn't have cancer, did they? I do think I read something about Don a while back, though. Is that where the info on Briana came from as well? I'm really happy for her.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Watching they did not say it on the show. I'm thinking that should have been in a spoiler box.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
You are right jenjackso, it was a spoiler. I thought it in rather bad taste to drag out a person's cancer drama when it had been resolved. I really am sorry if I have ruined the story line for anyone, I just thought it distasteful to drag on such a personal drama for so long. I guess I thought it would be a relief to hear the good news, as it was to me, since it is out there.
I can't really imagine being faced with that possible prognosis and Briana allowing them to film her very personal emotions and reactions. That would be too hard for me, I admire her strength.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I think the courtesy of these boards is to put spoilers in a box so even if you feel the program was out of line for dragging it out, it is still the process here as respect for other members. Someone may do the same thing to you in another location when you really didn't want to know yet.

I also don't understand the cameras. I am going through something similar and I hardly want my husband asking me how I'm doing everyday as it serves as a constant reminder so I wouldn't want cameras on me also.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Chieko thank you for the information - ITA, its everywhere around, people have talked about it on talk shows... I actually thought it was on the OC show as well - maybe in the commercial?

Sia

03-10-2002

Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sia a private message Print Post    
Went thru my DVR list a few days ago, & this may have been one of the shows I axed. I just find the behavior of almost all the OC Housewives completely appalling. It's not just one thing; it's a handful of things that disgust me. Here's a partial list.

MONEY ISSUES, INCLUDING: conspicuous consumption; constant bragging about their money; their belief that the more you spend for an item, the better.

MORAL ISSUES/CHARACTER FLAWS: their incessant potty-mouths; the lack of meaningful interaction with their children (at least there's precious little of that being shown on the program); their inability to communicate in a disagreement without SCREAMING at one another; double standards when comparing their behavior to that of others.

I guess I find it frustrating that such shallow people really contribute so little to society that is truly meaningful. Sorry in advance if I seem too judgmental, but the OC wives really peeve me. Other franchises, too (ATL, NYC, NJ & Miami).

Actually, I guess the only Housewives I see as really making a meaningful contribution are the Beverly Hills gals--and not ALL of them. In particular, I find Adrienne Maloof wonderful. She has a lot of money, but she does a great deal of good with it; she doesn't rub it in people's noses. I would love to see the "Real Housewives" put women of Adrienne's caliber on the shows--and remove the empty-headed, shallow ones!!

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
I would love to see the "Real Housewives" put women of Adrienne's caliber on the shows--and remove the empty-headed, shallow ones!!

That would take all the fun out of it, for me!

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
If anyone watches General Hospital, Alexis was on it today as a reporter on TV and she really wasn't that good. It was just funny to see her on my soap.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 10:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Alexis was on Andy's late show and they showed a clip of her appearance on General Hospital. She was terrible but she sat watching the clip smiling and very proud of herself. Delusional.

Brianna is such a nice girl. It amazes me that she is Vicki's daughter. I thought Vicki's behavior at the party was so self-centered. She said the evening was about Brianna and not her, yet she took that evening to introduce, and make her children talk to Brooks, (is that her bf's name?) My Creepy Meter goes off every time he talks. Something off about him. Of course, IMHO there is something off about Vicki too : - ) too so maybe they make a good couple. : - )

Granjan

05-10-2011

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 11:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
I really like Brianna, too. Her son seems nice also. Neither seem to have inherited Vicki's personality, thank goodness. I feel that Vicki is making a mistake with Brooks. Maybe she jumped into the relationship since she felt unloved for so long. I commented on Brooks being creepy the first time he was on, and it just gets more so each time.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, May 11, 2012 - 4:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Don't even get me started on all the greeting cards that Brooks gives to Vicki. Who does that?

Roblover

05-17-2011

Friday, May 11, 2012 - 6:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Yes, Granjan, you did comment on Brooks being creepy and you were soooooo right. Yeah, Lexie, I would run, run, run away from anyone who sent me cards every day. He comes across as a con man for sure. He is like a Lifetime Movie character.

I respect Brianne so much for standing up to her mother. It is difficult to do that when you are raised by a person who is so controlling. Don obviously had a big part in their upbringing. It is a testament to Don's character that the children are so loyal to him.

I am surprised the HW shows has not had a negative impact on Vicki's business.

Brianna's husband seems to be very supportive and sensible. For Tamara to comment that she did not think Brianna's marriage would last is a joke coming from her!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, May 13, 2012 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Brook = creepy = Vicki's well-deserved karma

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I can't understand the over-the-top birthday parties. Those kids would have been just fine with the puppies only. Alexis speaks well of her birthdays as a child and they were not like this one. Then she goes on and on and her own issues at their birth and says, "That's what this party is all about." Loved the editing around that and would love to hear what the attendees thought. Loony bin ...

And Eddie creeps me out along with Brooks. What are these women thinking?

Reader234

08-13-2000

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I am so upset that Andy is on his tour and no WWHL - I mean I was looking forward to some kind of take, remix of Vicki screaming " I AM HAPPY" um, if that's happy, I don't want to see you confused... her editing has me feeling sorry for vicki - that is unbelievable!

Brianna has really grown up, she stood strong when Vicki kept trying to change the subject.

If Don and Brooks look similar - what did her first dh look like? I am just wondering if Brooks fills a "look/pattern" with Vicki.

If Don is asking for Spousal support - my first thought was, I bet he turned his paychecks over to Vicki and she gave him an allowance and invested their money - I'm sure they have a good retirement fund, lots of insurance, etc -

OR - maybe its Don's way of putting off the divorce thus trying to give Vicki time? I think it was very telling that Vicki controls what is on their filming day - and she was clearly angry when Brianna went "off script" - (or airing their stuff in front of... or saying things, or we'll talk later when.. - to me those were clues that Vicki didn't want their dirty laundry aired in front of the cameras - and honestly - I don't see anything wrong with that!)

but - Brianna did hint that Vicki had an "emotional affair" with Brooks while still in a committed relationship to Don. Vicki admitted that there was some online contact that she knew Brooks for a long time... he's here away from his kids all things that don't add up to Brianna!

Watching2

07-07-2001

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 - 11:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
The birthday party was absurd! All I could do is shake my head (I resisted putting my finger down my throat..lol)when Alexis made it all about her almost dying and whatever when she gave her little speech for the kids b-day. To me, it was probably way too graphic for some people and rather obnoxious. I think the puppies were a bad idea with that many people around. It could have been very stressful for them.

I was so proud of Brianna for calling her mother on her "stuff." Good for her!

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 6:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
Found a picture from Briana's wedding. Her new hubby is one very handsome guy!

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
http://www.realitytea.com/2012/05/16/photos-and-details-of-briana-culbersons-wedding/

More wedding photos here. Briana looks so pretty and the location also looks stunning. She definitely is preggo too :-)

Kellsma

08-27-2002

Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellsma a private message Print Post    
Looks like it was held at Th Montage in Laguna Beach. A fabulous location!

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I saw in an article, that I can't remember where, that it was in Santa Barbara on a cliff overlooking the water. I love this photo of them.

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
Gorgeous bride! I love it when Briana sometimes stands her ground with her Mom. I felt so sorry for her [Briana] during her cancer scare. I have always thought she was one of the few bright spots on the show. I admit it made me sad to read the allegations of adultery in the above article. It just seems so wrong to think of Briana as a mistress. If it is true, I am crossing my fingers that lessons have been learned, and am sending good wishes for a wonderful future for this new family.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I've always wondered exactly what people/articles meand by 'not divorced before dating.'

Do they mean the paperwork wasn't final or do they mean the person was still living with their spouse? When one separates on their way to divorce, do they have to wait for the courts to date? Just curious. Can't help but feel that by the time you move out of the house, the marriage is over even if the paperwork takes time.

I couldn't help but feel Brianna was a bit tough on her Mom re Brooks. Maybe some of those things would have been better said in private. It's so easy for children to judge their parents when they haven't yet had as many life experiences. Will Brianna want her child chastising her one day for what's being stated in the article?

Roblover

05-17-2011

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
I have not seen the latest episode yet but Vicki has crossed so many boundaries with her children that I don't mind, actually I applaud, that Brianna has stood up to Vicki finally! Vicki said some pretty personal and hurtful things about Don on camera and Brianna might be doing a pay-back thing for Don's treatment.