TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 30, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Little People; Big World: Archive through May 30, 2012 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 23, 2012 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
On the other hand, TLC IS paying them for these special updates, for them being followed around and filming, and while the twins are over 18, hopefully they, or their trusts are still gaining from their participation (which was zero for Jeremey this time, not TOO much for Molly and Jacob, but surely without Zach, there wouldn't have been this particular update/episode.

We also don't know for sure, but in the past, once Zach had his license, he was seen taking Molly and Jacob to school and that was one job that Amy used to do. Amy is still pretty involved with her foundation, and I'm thinking Zach isn't starving when she is NOT there to make him a sandwich.

I like his girlfriend. Also liked the LOOK she gave to Zach's friend who was trying to make his response to the interview into a joke, when she was trying to help Zach write the best response.

I liked how Amy homed in when Zach said his girlfriend was going to college.. to find out if she had an actual goal, which it seems she does have.

Anyway, I was encouraged.. Baby Steps.. but steps. Something got Zsch excited, someone who isn't a parent got him motivated at certain points.

His room.. well my first step would be to remove any dishes and remains of meals or snacks, and then of course wash everything. But then you have to put them away or they just sink into the mire..

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Monday, January 23, 2012 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
I never understood parents who allowed their kids to trash their rooms like that. It was just as bad as when Jeremy was in there too, so Zach is a slob. It's one thing to have a little clutter, but the amount of clothing just dumped everywhere is fricken ridiculous. The girlfriend seemed a little shocked by it too. I think if Zach watches this episode he may see that she may have things in common with him, but he needs to grow up.

Yes, showing that the girlfriend had goals and that basically he'd be left in her dust if he didn't start moving toward a goal was important. Hopefully it's not too late to get him motivated. And I'd REALLY like Amy to stop providing him with excuses because he's "different." Being different is exactly what motivated Matt. Too bad Zach didn't inherit more of that from him.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, January 23, 2012 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I missed the show so will have to catch a re-run.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, January 23, 2012 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Great show. I feel encouraged for Zack now.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 23, 2012 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
We don't actually know when Matt left home and last I saw his parents lived close by and seemed to help out, so it isn't as though Matt left home as a teenager and had no help.. or maybe he did? Did he have help buying his first place?

I mean there is NO doubt that Matt is a super achiever and dreamer and goes out and makes things happen, of course.

I think Amy was explaining how it felt to feel different, but not telling Zach that gave him a pass.

And I've seen teen and early 20 bedrooms (usually smaller rooms of course) that actually were wall to wall clothing, and deeper than Zach's. Not that it is very appealing, but it isn't so far out there. Look at how cluttered the bedrooms become in the Real World Houses!

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, January 23, 2012 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
One of my kids was fairly neat and the other,well let me just say I closed the door to the room and clean it really well when she went to collage. To be honest, nothing has changed since they grew up. Such is life and I don't have to live with her. LOL

Citruscitygal

08-07-2003

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Citruscitygal a private message Print Post    
Newest episode repeats at 7:00 PM tonight and 2:00 AM tomorrow morning on TLC. I need to set to record now so I don't miss it again.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
Thanks Citruscitygal :-)

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
I forgot to watch again. Oh well. I was cancelling show off my DVR which I just learned how to. LOL:-(

Citruscitygal

08-07-2003

Sunday, February 19, 2012 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Citruscitygal a private message Print Post    
New episode tonight 8 PM PST on TLC.

Angelicfairies2

07-18-2004

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Angelicfairies2 a private message Print Post    
Maybe it's just me but Matt just gets on my nerves

Granjan

05-10-2011

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
No, it's not just you, Angelic.

Angelicfairies2

07-18-2004

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Angelicfairies2 a private message Print Post    
Oh good. Is Amy's cookbook available for sale already? I'd actually buy it, some of the food she was making looked GOOD

Happymom

01-20-2003

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Matt and Amy are so different. I'm with her, at age 50 I would not be taking on so much more debt and sure wouldn't do it for the kids to have later. I'm surprised she signed the loan docs.

I didn't see the whole show. Looking forward to seeing Zach and Jeremey's segment.

Really happy for Amy that the publisher gave her good news about her cookbook.

I just love Amy! I also really like Matt much of the time too.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Matt especially drove me nuts when he was trying to sell Zack on the "bachelor pad" angle. He in now way was interested in Zack having a place of his own. He was just projecting the "blame" of "needing" the land (and its house) on Zack, hoping Amy would go for it easier. Talk about manipulation! Man, when that guy wants a new toy, he'll stop at nothing to get it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Matt always does what he wants; it is just harder when he needs Amy to co-sign.

Glad Zachary visited Jeremy and that Her got to give his opinion on Mart's attempt to use Zachary to justify a project, while at the same time keeping Zachary accessible to him for his projects.

I wish Amy the greatest success with her cookbook and any project she chooses.

Bombaycat

07-21-2007

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bombaycat a private message Print Post    
In the listing Comcast had for last night's show it talked about Matt buying additional property. It also said something about the possibility of them filing bankruptcy when the state shut down one of Matt's businesses.

Did anyone else read a similar write-up or know anything about that?

Whoami

08-02-2001

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
I saw the same synopsis on our Comcast DVR too. Didn't see anything about the closed business, or bankruptcy on the show though.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
Doesn't surprise me about them going bankruptcy because of all Matt's dealing I do feel for Amy because she did try to stop him but then why big that big house when the kids were all going to be moving out eventually. I didn't see Molly or Jacob on the show. They probable end up divorce. There was talk of it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Jacob was shown when Amy's parents arrived. Not sure about Molly.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I only watched the last 20 minutes and I saw Molly.

I think Amy and Matt seem to have gotten past their rough patch. She talked about how they each need to support each other's dreams now. I had worried they might split, but I think they're in it for the long haul now. Good for her that she has her interests (the cook book, etc.)

And I can totally see Zach living there one day and taking over the farm operations.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 - 12:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
With all of his projects, I sure hope one of them was great life insurance. Otherwise his legacy could be a big disaster for the family.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I've been watching re-runs and remember where my bad feelings about Matt come from....

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Amy sure has used her "fame" in such good ways:

http://amyroloffcharityfoundation.org/2012/05/amy-roloff-charity-foundation-2011-reflections/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Amyroloffcharityfoundation+%28amyroloffcharityfoundation.org%29

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
There is a new episode on June 10th.

Little People Big World: Amy's 50th Birthday
NEW Matt takes Amy on an adventurous and romantic road trip to California.