TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 19, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: The Real Housewives of New Jersey: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 19, 2012 users admin

Lorib

05-18-2011

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lorib a private message Print Post    
I have been a Caroline fan since the beginning. But some of the things she said regarding Laurens weight, (I can't remember them all off the top of my head) just bothered me. Yes,I know health is very important..But Lauren is beautiful and in so many of the things Caroline said,she never once said "Lauren is beautiful,but might need to be in better shape", or something at least a little more uplifting..Left a bad taste in my mouth, but I am the mama of a soon to be 15 yr old who I watch like a hawk because she went thru a phase (still an issue,not as bad) of obsession bordering on anorexia...DUE to her dad (she never sees now) telling her she was fat her whole life...This is just my opinion...

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I'm glad your daughter has you Lorib. I'd like to smack her Dad.

I was also really bothered by the Manzo brother's merciless teasing. My family loves to tease each other too, but looks, weight, and intelligence cross the line. Not tolerated. For Lauren to imply that her parents would love her, as much as they do the boys, if she were rich and lost weight was really sad. Caroline needs to realize what comments like "the boys have it all going on" do to her daughter.

Lorib

05-18-2011

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lorib a private message Print Post    
It was probably the only time I have gotten emotional as in sad, (guess its a mama thing) since the series started...Just seeing the focus for pretty long clip of the show being on how she is so "un-perfect" .....I think she is GORGEOUS...and Caroline has changed,cant quiet put my finger on it,but she has. Not bailing on her yet,but something bugs me...

Yankeefan1955

08-01-2008

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yankeefan1955 a private message Print Post    
I thought her brothers were absolutely awful to her and very disrespectful both to Lauren and Caroline.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I wasn't thrilled with the way all of them treated Lauren.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, May 11, 2012 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Lorib, I know what you mean about Caroline being different. I really think she didn't want to be a part of this season. She seems to be over all the drama and just has a cloud of negativity about her. Maybe the peri-menopause is to blame, but I think she just flat out does not like Teresa anymore and wants nothing to do with her.

Alisons

01-10-2003

Sunday, May 13, 2012 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
Interesting solved "blind" item on the RHONJ Housewives here: http://blindgossip.com/?p=27925#more-27925

Nothing too surprising.

Serate

08-21-2001

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 6:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
Not surprising, but sickening that Caroline had lapband surgery but harps on Lauren's extra weight.

Serate

08-21-2001

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/05/melissa-joe-gorga-too-broke-make-mortgage-payments-selling-house

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 7:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
It's hard for me to comprehend why someone of Caroline's size would go through such a serious surgery (or why a physician would perform it!).

All she had to say to the boys would be "alright guys, enough!" and I would have felt better about that whole discussion. Allowing them to tease and mock Lauren that way is childish and mean. Caroline thinks her boys are so perfect and Lauren is a nothing. That's been clear to me since the first season. Chris has a fantastic sense of humor, but bleh, he's nothing to look at, at all! Albie is gorgeous, but a Momma's boy. They have a lot to talk about, huh?

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 7:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
Not surprising, but sickening that Caroline had lapband surgery but harps on Lauren's extra weight.

We do not know if this is true. Caroline was never large and her husband Albert has openly spoken about HIS lap band surgery so why would Caroline lie if she did it too?

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 7:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/05/melissa-joe-gorga-too-broke-make-mortgage-payments-selling-house

They talked about this last season. He built the house to sell it. The market wasn't doing well. They moved in to show the house on TV. To show Joe's work and to market the house. The loan is adjusting, interest rate is going up so they are selling.

This is no story.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 7:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
He spent a wad on that recording studio in the basement though! He'll never recoup that!

Serate

08-21-2001

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
This is no story.

SOOOOOOOOo sorry I didn't join this conversation until recently so it was news to me. FWIW The article was posted THIS month so I thought it was news. And it was....to me.

Alisons

01-10-2003

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
I appreciate the link, Serate. It is really hard to know what is real/what is spin with these people and I like to read everything that is available! I could have sworn that Melissa referred to their current house as her dream home and complained that Teresa did not make enough positive comments about it, which kind of leads you to believe that Melissa viewed the house as "hers".

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
News to me as well, Serate. All these people on reality shows try to act oh so rich, but they really aren't. They need the money that comes in from the show.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 3:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
Melissa's take from Bravo

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-jersey/season-4/blogs/melissa-gorga/watch-your-language?page=0,2&Don%27tBeTardyfortheWeddingTakeover=1

With that said, please don’t believe any of the rumors that we have a balloon payment due, that our interest rate exploded, or that we can’t pay our bills. Our mortgage history is all available in public records, so I would never say that if it wasn’t true. We have a 30-year fixed mortgage with an interest rate of 5% and have never once missed a mortgage payment in the whole eight years we’ve been married. It would make no sense that now we couldn’t afford this house. We own four buildings and have many other investments that would allow us to stay in this house forever if we wanted to. Montville is such a beautiful town. I absolutely love it and the school systems are incredible, but we just truly want to move back to Franklin Lakes. That’s where we lived when we first got married. It’s closer to where Joe works and sometimes you just have to make changes that are good for your family. The kids are getting older, so we want to be settled in now where we are going to be for the long run.

For the record, we sold our last house in Franklin Lakes for $2.45 million to LaVar Arrington (formerly of the Washington Red Skins and NY Giants) and bought in Montville so we could be closer to Teresa and the cousins. We moved into our current house in 2008 and didn’t sign on to the show until 2010. So obviously we did not just move into the house because we got on the show. We were approached by the producers two years after we were already living here. It does however kind of stink to be looped into the negativity surrounding everyone else’s problems, but I get, so that’s why I’m explaining it to you. Also, to all of you asking about my studio downstairs -- it’s just a room, and all the equipment is coming with me! Yes there will be a new studio in my new house. Mind you, if we don’t sell this house, we aren’t moving anywhere. We will still be here! Sorry, it’s not juicier than that.

Alisons

01-10-2003

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
I was not aware that people's mortgage payment history is public record. I think she might have used the wrong term to describe it. Her/their payment history might be a matter of record but I don't think just anyone can access it. If it really is public, someone ought to post it!

Ark

07-09-2001

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
I research documents filed in the courthouse for my job. Mortgages are certainly filed there & are public record.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
I know property tax records including if they are delinquent are public records kept by county auditors' offices. Including in the tax record is history of the amount the house has sold for, all the owners, when the house was built, and a description. The actual mortgage payment history cannot be viewed in this record. Ark, are payment histories recorded at courthouses?

Ark

07-09-2001

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
No, payment history is not filed, just the original loan document & then a deed of release when the loan is satisfied. Also, if the mortgage holder sells the mortgage or begins foreclosure on the property, all of those are filed in the courthouse records.

Serate

08-21-2001

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
So if I put out a public blog and say I'm a French or a millionaire, or both, then just because I say it it's true? *shrugs*

All I know is Guiseppe & Missy are NOT what they portray themselves to be and are NOT all squeaky clean even compared to Teresa and that thing she calls a husband. But only Teresa and that thing's financial problems are picked on and aired.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Guiseppe & Missy, ha ha ha!!

Roblover

05-17-2011

Saturday, May 19, 2012 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Thanks Ark. That is what I thought but was not sure.

Alisons

01-10-2003

Saturday, May 19, 2012 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
I think the finances of people who deal in real estate are amorphous at best. When your money is not very liquid and the real estate market is depressed, even with the best intentions it is probably difficult to know exactly where you stand. The Gorgas could be in great shape or terrible shape and it would not be obvious until late in the game. Melissa talks about owning 4 properties, but those could just as easily be viewed as a liabilities as assets. I watched Melissa and Teresa sit in a bar and puzzle about who the VP of the USA is and somehow I don't think either of them grasp the fine details of their husbands' cash flow machinations. I could be wrong, though, both of them are probably more interested in money than politics.