TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 21, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Real Housewives of OC: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 21, 2012 users admin

Watching2

07-07-2001

Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 12:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
She possibly has cancer. She's had issues with some growths or nodules or something (sorry can't remember exactly) but she's had to go for biopsies. I believe nothing was wrong when she had testing a while ago, but now there is another area that could be cancer. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Vicki sure never gave Gretchen a break when Jeff was dying of cancer. Of course, they didn't believe her if he even had cancer, because it was all about them and when he send her the pink motorcycle, they said she probably sent it to herself. I care about Vicki's daughter, but it's hard for me to feel great sympathy for Vicki since she made the choice to divorce and to hook up with this new "dead-beat dad."

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Reader, I think you are correct that there was some sort of agreement between Slade and his ex regarding the child support. Otherwise, Slade could lose his visitation or go to jail for non-payment.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Thanks Lexie - I thought it was brushed over way too fast, but it seems like they (Gretchen, Slade, even Andy Cohen) dont spend too much time on that issue (either way)

Vicki has lots of crap to answer to that's for sure - its easy for me to forget how mean she has been about Jeff, and m any other issues - or scream fests

I think my observation from this last show was she was looking like someone "punched" her in the gut - usually the cast know when they are going to be filmed, and can "put on a good face" and sure garner sympathy - but I just didnt get that impression (for once) from Vicki

Brianna (Vicky's dd) has always "risen" above - I will always be shocked at how controlling Vicki comes across - when Vicky drove a "new car" and "gifted" it to Brianna - along with the bill (how was that a gift? Here's the car I leased for you, you have to make the payments) but Brianna did sign up for the military, did go on camera with the first surgery (Nodulars in the neck is what I remember) I think it was brushed as a Health scare, and all is fine...

Vicky does try and keep her life private - she likes to be seen partying and having fun, with the show - and keep her private life separate...

I wonder if Brianna is still married (she eloped last year in Las Vegas with a guy she met in the military)??

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I like Brianna and really do hope that she will be fine, but I too have a hard time feeling any sympathy for Vicky. I loved when either Gretchen or Slade asked Vicky about her boyfriend being a dead beat dad and Vicky screamed back that it was none of their business, then how come it was Vicky's business to get all over Slade (who I personally don't care for either).Vicky kept making wierd faces the whole show, I think she is very jealous of Tamara and Gretchen. She is just a miserable person.

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Friday, March 09, 2012 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
I don't mind Vicki's snark's towards Slade. I think Slade is mega creepy. I see the difference here as this: Vicki had problems with Slade before Gretchen was ever on the show or dating Slade. Slade and Vicki were mutually rude to one another. Vicki's below the belt hits at Slade weren't because he was Gretchen's boyfriend unlike the snarks toward Brook that have everything to do with the fact that he's now Vicki's boyfriend.

I'm hoping we'll get to see Brook's response because I have a feeling he can handle himself in a gentlemanly way something Slade has no clue about.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Friday, March 09, 2012 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
What about Vicky saying that she doesn't like mean people or people who are mean to others. What about when Jeff was dying of cancer, Vicky sure was mean to Gretchen, but I guess its ok for her to be mean, just no one else better do it to her. She also doesn't want anyone in her business, but it's fine for her to be in everyone elses business. Sorry, she doesn't get a pass or sympathy from me.

Donya

09-10-2009

Friday, March 09, 2012 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Donya a private message Print Post    
Ditto Country.....100%

Reenie

06-24-2006

Friday, March 09, 2012 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
It's so funny - we here at TVCH are very fond of the word "snarky". I think I've used it for every reality show I post about!

I love the word!

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Saturday, March 10, 2012 - 6:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
I never said it was Okay for Vicki to be rude.

Vicki can be very rude, so can Slade. I think that Brook is a very nice man so far and I'm going to enjoy seeing how Slade handles himself around Brooks.

Gretchen is doing the smart thing and making nice and not condoning Slade's rudeness in his comedy routine.

Mistysmoke

08-10-2001

Saturday, March 10, 2012 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mistysmoke a private message Print Post    
I can see a conversation between Brooks and Slade going one of two ways. One is Slade just attacks him, without cause because of his feelings about Vicki (sadly the most likely thing). Though I will say I get an icky feeling about Brooks not sure why.

The other would be if they sat down and both could be like "you know its really tough when people who don't have all the information make judgements about us because of child support issues". If they did that then Slade could point out Vicki and her sidekicks behavior towards him. That is the one I would LOVE to see, partly because it would shut Vicki up, and partly because I would like to see Slade behave like an adult.

Honestly I have never been fond of Slade. Would prefer to not see him on the show.

I think Vicki has double standards for herself/those she likes and others.

While it is sad that Don and Vicki were unable to make the marriage work, I don't feel badly for Vicki as she does that enough for herself. She claimed in an episode that Don never asked her to go to couples therapy after she filed for divorce... did she ask him? I mean, you tell someone you are done with them, you don't love them etc and you want them to beg you to stay, really? Was she already in a relationship with Brooks though?

I do understand the stress of the possibility of having cancer, been there... I can't imagine waiting to see if my child has cancer or not but, it is like Brianna has to be strong and stoic for her mother, when it should be mom being strong and stoic for her daughter.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Sunday, March 11, 2012 - 11:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Misty - great points all around!

ITA - Brooks creeps me out - not sure why, hope its just the "editing" and I've never been fond of slide - for obvious reasons. I'm just amazed that Gretchen was able to stay on the HW show, or get on in the first place -

Vicki does have double standards - even for her own family!
I think Vicki checked out on that marriage a long time ago - maybe because she worked so hard at her insurance business, maybe she worked to get away from the marriage, or because of the earnings? don't know, don't care.

You're right about how Brianna is strong for her mom - but I suspect its a life long lesson on brianna's part, she seems to stay in the background a lot - and tries to diffuse situations with her mom

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Monday, March 12, 2012 - 6:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
I can't imagine waiting to see if my child has cancer or not but, it is like Brianna has to be strong and stoic for her mother, when it should be mom being strong and stoic for her daughter.

I can tell you as a person who has survived breast cancer, and who lives with T-cell lymphoma, that the patient is generally far stronger than everyone else.

I had ONE friend who stood by me through multiple surgeries, horrible treatments, and emotional difficulties. My family has NEVER once asked how I am doing physically or emotionally.

It doesn't make a bit of sense and it does hurt terribly to be left alone to deal with cancer. What it did for me though, is that it made me the f-ing strongest person ever

Chieko

11-20-2003

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Wow, a lot of atrocious behavior this week. Vicki's attitude on the way to the hospital was horrible, even Brianna admitted it is always about her mother. Brianna is the one that is not doing well, facing surgery and possibly cancer and she has to put up with her mother's ridiculous carrying on. Vicki, grow up and try to think of someone else and be a comfort to your child.

Alexis is being made to look a fool this year and maybe she really is one. Her rudeness to Dr. Terry was uncalled for and how many times did she have to be told they weren't going to cut part of her face off for her sinus surgery. Having to tell people you are an intelligent person doesn't help to make your case.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 10:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I understand what Hukd said about the patient being stronger but being a mom, I cannot imagine that I would act the way Vicki did. I of course would be scared to death but my job as a mom would be to be strong for my child. She was ridiculous.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 6:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Alexis is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 6:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Actually, she's more like a spoon

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 7:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
LOL... you win Hukd!!!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Actually, she's more like a spoon .....OUCH

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
Briana said that Don helped her mood alot. Vicki could take some cues from Don on how to put someone at ease instead of escalating their stress level.

Vicki truly thinks of no one but herself.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
My mom is the same way as Vicki. I am going through medical things and she always brings it back to her, even to the point of trying to come up with a medical problem that she has that is worse than mine so we can get back to talking about her needs. There is a personality disorder that this is related to and I see it in Vicki all the time.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Mine too, Jenjackso. I had surgery when I was 8 years old and my mother kept stopping the car all the way to the hospital to throw up. When we got there they had to take her away to lie down and I ended up admitting myself. The last time I was hospitalized as an adult, I banned her from the visitor's list because, just like your mother, it was always about her. I am curious is this the personality disorder called narcissism? I really don't know and thought maybe you did.

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
My mother is the same, exactly like Vicki. Some people don't get life. They are tunnel visioned into everything effecting them and no one else.

My mother is beautiful and loving but easily hysterical. I think it's a growing up in the 1950's thing :-)

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Friday, March 16, 2012 - 6:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Roblover, yes, narcissism is definitely a big part of it but you should also research borderline personality disorder.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Friday, March 16, 2012 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jenjackso! I will.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Well, I didn't think anyone else wanted to drag it out any longer. Briana does not have cancer, but now Don has been diagnosed with cancer.

I was happy to hear Tamra wants to take out her implants, I hope she carries through with it.

I, too, can not imagine 6 women trying to run a restaurant. If they were going to go to LA to consult with a restaurant owner, why didn't they cross shows and go talk to Lisa and Ken?