TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 11, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: The Little Couple: Archive through April 11, 2012 users admin

Happymom

01-20-2003

Sunday, November 13, 2011 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Thanks! :-)

Happymom

01-20-2003

Sunday, March 11, 2012 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
New season starts March 20 :-).

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 11, 2012 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I saw promos!! Happy they will be back on my DVR!!

Serate

08-21-2001

Monday, March 12, 2012 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
YAY!!!!!

Connies

03-11-2010

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
Oh I am so glad this wonderful show is starting again! Something positive, loving, and uplifting to watch for a change!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Bill and Jen will be on ANDERSON this Tuesday.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So now they are being evaluated for adoption AND trying the surrogacy again (or were when they filmed).. and yes, the same surrogate is on board with them.

Had to laugh, since I was following Bill's thoughts when the woman inspecting their home suggested that they place deadbolts on the doors out to the outside balcony high up on the door to keep children (should they adopt a 5 year old normal height child) from getting out. She seemed surprised whem Bill pointed out that this would be a hazard if they needed to get out that door in case of fire, since he and Jen would also need a step stool to reach her proposed deadbolts.

And of course he later mentioned that all of the features of the home that accomodate Jen and Bill, that might be considered dangerous for a running wild normal statured child, would become a blessing if they adopt children who are little people (as in dwarfs).. and he and Jen have stated that in adopting they would probably want to adopt little people children.

On Anderson's show they had a great interview and he had other LP in the audience who were excited and could make comments or ask questions and later Matt Roloff and his friend Marty came out to talk about their organization that gives scholarships to LP and helps with adoptions of LP, etc. and they plan to give a scholarship in Bill and Jen's name. Gave them a nice award placque. Jen said she had a scholarship for some of her schooling.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
When they were preparing TG dinner I wanted to yell through the screen that yams are far more delicious than sweet potatoes...at least in my world.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They did pretty well, considering their apparent lack of experience. I DID wonder, if their dog got sick on turkey, why chicken would be such a good idea, but it was sweet of bill to get each dog a cornish game hen and grill it for them.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Love this couple, love the show! Jen was making me LOL when she was making conversation with everyone in the food line when they were volunteering, and then Bill with his "there seems to be a lot of dialogue"!

Sea, thanks for telling us about Anderson. :-)

Connies

03-11-2010

Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
I don't think I had heard about drawf throwing or whatever that is called. How absolutely horrible. Glad they got to address that on Anderson. I hope their adoption and surragacy is successful.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
OH yes, that was a good thing to address and how could that politician in Florida want to make it legal again?

Sia

03-10-2002

Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sia a private message Print Post    
I do really enjoy this show, and "The Little Couple" is one show (of just a handful) that my husband will watch with me. Very happy there's a new season; honestly thought yams & sweet potatoes were interchangeable; don't understand why dogs who can't have turkey can eat chicken (unless it's because turkey's a bit greasier).

I don't watch Anderson Cooper, so I didn't see that show. Sounds like a barbaric, inhumane, degrading thing to do to anyone. I'd appreciate a link to a write-up (not video) of Jenn & Bill's segment on AC. Thanks!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Did I miss the premire? When it is on, TIA.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Next new ep is March 27 on TLC.. two eps.. Can We Deck the HAlls? and Man Cave; Woman Cave.

Oddly, while those are repeated that night and early on the 28th, I don't see a repeat on the first episodes at the moment but my DVR schedule only looks almost a week ahead.

The premiere was the night of the same day they were on ANDERSON.

I just record ANDERSON automatically since he often has interesting guests.

Connies

03-11-2010

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
Okay, everyone knows I love them. Last night I saw the Christmas decorating episode for the first time. Their house was beautiful but I can't help but wonder what their neighbors think. The other houses look much smaller than theirs and I didn't see any decorations on any of the others. Hope this isn't a bit over the top and the other neighbors resent them. I know they may have decorated early for the show but just a thought.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
it's not uncommon in many houston neighborhoods to have much bigger new construction homes next to the smaller original homes. i am fairly confident i know which neighborhood they are in and it's got tons of new/big houses mixed in with older/smaller homes.

Connies

03-11-2010

Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
Good. We don't see it that much here in Springfield MO.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Here in Dallas it isn't uncommon either...for instance Highland Park - one of the most exclusive areas of Dallas (actually I think it might be its own incorporated township smack dab in the middle of Dallas) - there is a huge diversity in the homes. The cachet is the address. People pay huge amounts of money for a lot and then promptly tear down the existing, "normal" sized home and build a mega-mansion.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That has happened here in Orange County.. in some cities people have pushed to control the McMansions that were cropping up, citing loss of privcacy in their own yards, houses way too big for the lots.

I know in Corona Del Mar there are still some of the original little cottages mixed in with two story buildings and rooms built over garages.. kinda jammed in and still there are no sidewalks! I had no idea about the lack of sidewalks until I went for a Messiah with Hallulujah Chorus singalong last year at a small church there and had to park blocks away and.. no sidewalks. We lived up the hill from the flats of Corona del Mar and the lots were larger and we did have sidewalks (homes started there ca. 1960, while the flats cottages had been around maybe since the 40s).

I personally couldn't imagine wanting such a huge place. I'd feel dwarfed :-) But to each his or her own.

Somehow I'm not recording it until tonight.. or I missed the christmas one entirely.. but how? The ones tonight mention 4 little embryos and going back to LA and the new store.

Connies

03-11-2010

Friday, March 30, 2012 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
Funny what you said Seamonkey about feeling dwarfed. As I looked at their high ceilings I thought to myself I don't think I would have personally wanted them like that, especially since they are so much shorter. Each to his own for sure.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
ACCK, did I miss another show last night!!! anyone know what happened?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I seem to have missed the Christmas show discussed above, but next week does seem to be about Christmas.

Last night's two episodes were about the 4 embryos being implanted in the surrogate, but didn't cover any news about success or failure to take hold. They went to Los Angeles, the surrogate flew in, they shopped at Farmer's Market

The other ep was about getting the store ready and interviewing for employees.. and Jen working a 24 hour on call at the hospital.

Connies

03-11-2010

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
The shows last night were so good but it broke my heart, once again the four embryos didn't take. She is willing to go through the pain and try again. And Bill has to be one of the sweetest husbands ever.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Connies, I don't think that is the case, but it was quite confusing. I think they were showing the first time when they lost the pregnancy. All they said about the four embryos was that the surrogate was feeling sick and thought she was pregnant and that they needed to call Dr Bustanfar. I think their use of prefious footage is causing confusion.. I was thinking the same thing while watching but I do think we still have to hear the fate of the four embryos.

I hope!