TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 22, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: 19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Family: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 22, 2012 users admin

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Friday, February 17, 2012 - 4:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
I agree with Happymom

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Friday, February 17, 2012 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Those poor girls are too busy playing, "Mommy," and I don't think they ever have a moment of privacy. I can't imagine they'd have a chance to even kiss a boy.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, February 17, 2012 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Aren't the older girls studying nursing - perhaps they are too busy with school to be involved in the day-to-day running of the household at this time.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Friday, February 17, 2012 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Puzzled, I agree...they'd never have a chance to kiss a boy. I think all those older girls said on camera that they will wait until their wedding day to share their first kiss with their husband.

I imagine they will also never be alone with a boy til they are married to him. They will probably do as their brother Josh did and have a chaperone at all times once they become engaged. (And Josh and Anna didn't really date. They knew each other somewhat, Josh proposed, and then all their time was with a chaperone.)

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Friday, February 17, 2012 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
I wonder if anyone else has ever noticed the way they hug in that family? Whether it's 2 adults or an adult and a child, they basically do the arm around the shoulder thing and pretty much only their sides touch. When I get or give a hug, it's a full on frontal full body contact thing.

Must be it's against their rules or something to let boobage or their nether regions come in contact. I kind of wonder how all those children were conceived

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Sunday, February 19, 2012 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
They give "companionable" hugs rather than "intimate" hugs. IMO there is nothing wrong with showing Filios (brotherly love) over Eros (physical love, they simply understand the difference and practice it.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, February 19, 2012 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Good info, Miss.

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
During their New York trip to the TODAY Show, Ann Curry mentioned it was romantic to be there without kids.. I just thought ..yikes .. They'd probably get pregnant againin that "romantic" place..sigh

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 01, 2012 - 2:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was grinning ear to ear when I saw the Duggars have a black lab dog just like mine named "Bucky". It made me smile even more that even the tiny kids knew not to let Bucky have some chocolate. That big black dog sure looked like he loved the children :-)

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, March 01, 2012 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I just watched a couple of episodes back to back and was wondering what were those cute carts the kids were riding on in the house and outside?

Also it said Cousin Amy has 20 first cousins and 2 second cousins. I'm confused, are they counting Anna as a cousin now? and also if they were referring to Josh's children they are first cousins once removed not second cousins.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, March 01, 2012 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I just watched the episode with the pretzels and lemonade stand. Darn I just knew at the end of the show I was going to see 'In Memory of Genessa'. So sad!

Lorib

05-18-2011

Thursday, March 01, 2012 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lorib a private message Print Post    
once removed? huh?

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, March 01, 2012 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
When the word "removed" is used to describe a relationship, it indicates that the two people are from different generations. You and your first cousins are in the same generation (two generations younger than your grandparents), so the word "removed" is not used to describe your relationship.

The words "once removed" mean that there is a difference of one generation. For example, your mother's first cousin is your first cousin, once removed. This is because your mother's first cousin is one generation younger than your grandparents and you are two generations younger than your grandparents. This one-generation difference equals "once removed."

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, March 01, 2012 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I found the bikes. They are called Ezy Roller

http://www.amazon.com/Ezy-Roller-Ultimate-Riding-Machine/dp/B002L24B5K/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1330654233&sr=8-2

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Thursday, March 01, 2012 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I think the once - twice - removed thingy only goes on down here in the south. In most other locales the children of your first cousin are second cousins. Geneologists are invited to jump in here!

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, March 01, 2012 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Actually, I think it is a legal term as in degrees of consanguinity.

Here is a chart that illustrates it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:CousinTree.svg

To be second cousins you must belong to the same generation. Your children and your cousin's children are second cousins.

Watching2

07-07-2001

Thursday, March 01, 2012 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
never could keep that straight!

Txhazeleyes

02-12-2008

Saturday, March 03, 2012 - 11:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Txhazeleyes a private message Print Post    
Being a southerner, I too, always thought the "removed" when speaking of relationships had something to do when somebody got married, basically like an in-law...so I remember years ago trying to get to the bottom of it by asking my grandmother and great aunts about this, and I never really got an answer and basically just told that is a term the northerners use. I finally HAD to learn about it when I was in training working for the state and it is indeed the legal terminology and is necessary for degrees of relationship and who can receive benefits for a deprived child, etc. So, as Chieko said, if you and your first cousin each have children, your relationship to that child is first cousin once removed and our children are second cousins. It's so much easier this way but took a very long time to get the old way of thinking out of the way.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Sunday, March 04, 2012 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Txhazeleyes. I admit it can be very confusing.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Sunday, March 04, 2012 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I think I am just going back to calling them all "kissin kin!"

Supergranny

02-03-2005

Sunday, March 04, 2012 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Supergranny a private message Print Post    
LOL...I was thinking the same thing!!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Last night's finale preview for next week made me cry.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Oh it looks so sad. I am not sure if I am going to watch it. It will be on my dvr. As sad as it is, I know it is going to show them doing such a good, healthy job of dealing with death. I'm just not sure if I want to subject myself to such sadness.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Happy, I know what you mean, but as for myself, if they are brave enough to put it out there as a measure of their faith, then I'm going to honor it and watch.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
OG, I like your post.

I enjoyed the ep from this week where Jim Bob took the boys to that camp. Seeing Jason was delightful! Jim Bob was funny in his confessional about getting Josiah out of the game unintentionally.

Joy was funny in her confessional too about not having feelings for her burned cookies.