TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 12, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: The Little Couple: Archive through November 12, 2011 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It sounded like they planned to do something about the faucets. But I was surprised at that oversight. I gather Bill was monitoring things for the most part but of course he's taller than Jen.

And Jen does have a scooter or some device to speed through the hospital when she needs to be someplace fast, but the hospital clearly wasn't designed for someone only a couple feet tall.

==

Interesting family on ANDERSON (Cooper) this week.. both parents are achondroplasic dwarfs (like Amy Roloff) and they have two kids she gave birth to and have adopted three more kids. (all the kids are also achondroplasic dwarfs) The latest adoptee is a little girl from China. They found that little people in China don't get education. This little girl was in an orphanage but when the others went to school, she was kept back. They still had to argue forcefully that, being dwarfs they actually did know how to care for this girl.

The oldest son was a hoot.. so articulate in his response to being teased at school and other topics.

Anyway, this couple feels strongly that their kids will have to live in a world built for normal statured folks so they have few adaptations.. they use steps and step stools.. they do use pedal extenders in their cars (he makes those himself), but that it is.

She demonstrated (Anderson sent a film crew to their home for a few days) how she has a top loading washer, and even on a stool, she can only reach so far down, so she used a pair of barbeque tongs to pull out most of the clothing from the washer.

(This woman is 4 feet tall, she would tower over Jen)

Anyway, Anderson presented them with new state of the art washer and dryer.. both front loaders.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with adaptations to a home but of course the kids would need to understand how to adapt in other situations.

This mom would take one of her kids to the grocery and have them stand on her shoulders to reach high items, but there are grabbers with long handles that can work for some items too.

Connies

03-11-2010

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
I loved the show last night. Please someone tell me this wasn't the last one for their season? They can't keep us hanging for weeks and weeks can they? I love when they address questions like that. This couple is fantastic and the love they have for each other is very refreshing to see compared to what we are usually subjected to on reality TV.

Bombaycat

07-21-2007

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bombaycat a private message Print Post    
Connies - There is a new episode next Tuesday night titled "Are we Pregnant?"

I agree this is a great couple. I love this show. After watching many of the "Real Housewives" series it is refreshing to see a truly real couple. I'm praying they get the healthy baby they so deserve.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Loved their time with the surrogate and her husband and the thoughtful gift of a bracelet with meaningful charms they started for her and then their question and answer show was really fun. They are just so unabashedly in love and don't mind saying so.. and they both have a great sense of fun and humor, too,

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And I had to smile when they explained that they actually need a bigger house because they only use the first few feet so have to have more horizontal room .. of course that didn't explain the very tall ceilings but I think that is just common in newer homes in Texas.. or maybe anywhere.

I also hope so much that implantation takes place AND that they didn't have an embryo with both of their mutations, which would be lethal, since they were not able to safely test ahead of time.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I loved the Q&A show. These people have really grown on me. I pray they get their baby with this first try...a very healthy baby!

Happymom

01-20-2003

Friday, October 28, 2011 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
For one of the recent shows, Comcast had the info saying that Jen got a surprise and found out she was pregnant. I thought: there's no way that can be true. And if it was, they wouldn't just put that in the info! Stupid Comcast! I think it was the description for the show where they left (when the house was being decorated etc) to go to Chicago to see the genetics counselor.

I just love this show and this couple so much.

From the previews, I got the feeling that they are going to get bad news. But then I keep thinking that the producers want me to think that so that when I'm watching and see that they get good news, I'll be surprised. Anyway, I hope they get good news!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, October 28, 2011 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
With so-so eggs I'm not feeling real hopeful, but pray I'm wrong.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Friday, October 28, 2011 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I think everyone aware of them are rooting for them. Hope they becomes parents.

Have they mentioned adoption? I can't recall.

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Friday, October 28, 2011 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
What about donor eggs?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 28, 2011 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They have considered all options. First was for her to carry the child but that was ruled out as way too dangerous for Jen.

Next was to try in vitro, but they have not ruled out adopting.

Not sure if they want to deal with donor eggs or not.

But they did want to try for their own bio kids first and they had saved the money to do so.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, October 31, 2011 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Thanks Sea, I don't remember hearing them discuss adoption. I'm glad they haven't ruled that out. My son and DIL have spent 3 years with IVF and tons of money with no success. I've brought up adoption to them and they say they rather continue trying IVF. I understand the want for a bio child but at the end of the day I think adoption is a solid solution. I thought maybe Jen and Bill were of the same mindset...glad to hear they haven't ruled that out.

I so so so hope this works for Jen and Bill. They'd be awesome parents and any kid would be lucky to have them as their parents.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, October 31, 2011 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think that has to be up to the parents, I guess. But Bill and Jen have said basically that they want kids and it sounds like they might adopt even if they succeed with the IVF.

Kellsma

08-27-2002

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 7:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellsma a private message Print Post    
Did they get pregnant?

Kmm

10-07-2005

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kmm a private message Print Post    
They did...but Cindy miscarried 6 weeks later.
They are going to try again...Cindy too.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    

Watching2

07-07-2001

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
awwwww...that's too bad. :-(

Angelicfairies2

07-18-2004

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 6:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Angelicfairies2 a private message Print Post    
I've never wanted two people to have a baby as much as I want them too.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
:-(. I hope they can try again. I know Cindy is willing, but it may not be so easy.

I don't know if it was my dvr, TLC, or Comcast, but they came back from the commercial break with Jen hugging Cindy. I never actually got to see the announcement that Cindy was pregnant. Before the break, Cindy seemed very subdued. Jen told her they had prepared themselves for bad news but were cautiously optimistic.

Did they actually show the announcement? (I think there was a bit of a messup because I think they always come back from commercials with a bit of a recap and that didn't happen for that one commercial break last night.) What was said / how did Cindy tell them the good news?

Scoutmom

01-19-2006

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scoutmom a private message Print Post    
Jen made it seem like it was bad news - being the fact that they were gonna have to put up with her for the next nine months. They were so excited and extremely sad when he said that they had lost the baby. Just broke my heart.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Happymom I had the same strange commercial break.. so I re-taped and did get a smoother transition where she joked that they had to put up with her for months.

http://www.aoltv.com/2011/11/02/little-couple-surrogate-has-a-miscarriage/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl7%7Csec3_lnk1%7C109408

Sounds like they are discussion various options.

And how sad that Bill was given the news and then had to call Jen at work to tell her.

Connies

03-11-2010

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
My heart is broken for them. I just pray another try succeeds. They deserve it.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Darn!

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, November 12, 2011 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Thanks Scout and Sea. I hope they come back for the next season with great news.

20541831%2C00.html,http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20541831,00.html (Sorry, I know it's not going to link properly. often happens with people.com. I don't know how to fix it though.)
The Little Couple Stars' Pregnancy Joy Shattered by Surrogate's Miscarriage
By Alicia Dennis
Update Wednesday November 02, 2011

Here are the last 3 paragraphs from the article:

"Ultimately, becoming parents is what means the most. "We are so in love with each other and supportive of each other that we are going to be okay," she says. "We really want to be parents, and that is the goal here through surrogacy and adoption. We are not done trying yet."

Until that day comes, Klein cherishes life with his wife. "I could go the next 50 or 100 years with just the two of us, because we have a great relationship," he says. "Few people are so lucky to have that from the moment you meet that one person, and everything we add to our relationship is exciting."

Challenges – both past and future – will only make their bond stronger. "We really just feel crazy fortunate to have found each other," Arnold says. "We were both at a point of giving up. Being a little person, everything is a struggle, and it is wonderful when you achieve something you really wanted. You don't let that go so easily." "

http://tinyurl.com/79co4y7

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, November 12, 2011 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Happymom.. if you copy the url and go to
www.tinyurl.com you can paste the url there and create a good url that will work for links.