TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 16, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: 19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Family: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 16, 2012 users admin

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, December 16, 2011 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Well said, Keldogg!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
iI just found this online:

It looks like someone really doesn't like the TLC reality show "19 Kids and Counting," which follows the Duggar parents, Jim Bob and Michelle, and their 19 children.

Teresa Hunt of Bettendorf, Iowa, has been charged with trying to extort Discovery Communications, the parent company of the TLC network, to either cancel the show or give her $10,000. In exchange, according to federal documents, she would not release photos of a cast member in "apparently intimate situations" with an older man.

Radar Online reported that the alleged subject is Amy Duggar, the 25-year-old niece of Jim Bob. She is a country singer who sometimes appears on the reality program.

According to the Associated Press, Hunt was arrested on Feb. 1 after an undercover FBI agent posed as a network exec, saying he was following up on a letter she sent. According to the affidavit, Hunt identified herself as a photographer who had the supposedly incriminating photos, and later e-mailed several images to the agent.

The message also noted that Hunt had nothing against the young woman "except that's she's on a reality show and pretends to be a right-wing Christian and she's sleeping with a 56-year-old man."

In a statement to TODAY, Amy Duggar denied any inappropriate relationship with the older gentleman. "(He) is a longtime family friend who has always been supportive of my music career," she said. "He’s a good Christian and it’s upsetting that his generosity has been exploited like this."

Discovery had no comment on the situation.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
No matter what, Ms. Hunt is a pitiful excuse for a human being. I am so sick of these human vampires who try and get something for nothing by trying to extort and blackmail other people. I hope she gets prosecuted and gets to spend some time in jail.

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
Really! I agree Roxi.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
On February 1st the Bate's family welcomed their 19th child, a son named Jeb. They are close friends of the Duggars and have been featured on their show often.

Serate

08-21-2001

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
The message also noted that Hunt had nothing against the young woman "except that's she's on a reality show and pretends to be a right-wing Christian and she's sleeping with a 56-year-old man."

Uh since when has AMY portrayed a right wing Christian? The stars of the show are, but she has never portrayed that.

I have to admit I was afraid when I saw this thread at the top of the group that Michelle announced she was preggers again. IF she's dumb enough to get pregnant again, I would hope they wouldn't rush to announce it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
You are so right, Serate. In the earlier days when Amy was on the show, it was actually stressed by the Duggar family parents how differently Amy was raised, and they still love her. They stressed how their differences made absolutely no difference in how they much they loved Amy.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Season premier tonight...I think it's going to be sad. Here is the link to People Mag:
20570050%2C00.html,http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20570050,00.html

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I saw Michele and Bob on the Today Show this morning. The kids weren't with them. They were asked about the conspiracy with Amy and they told the whole story.

It ended up that the only photos this woman had of Amy were of her standing next to a family friend that they all know...LOL The crazy woman was trying to extort $10,000.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 11:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just got done watching tonight's new episode, and they faked us out that this was the ep where they find out there was no heartbeat with the new baby. At the end of this ep they still thought the baby was healthy inside of Michelle.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 5:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
I know!! That stunk!! I think that is called false advertisement!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 6:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i had been under the impression the fetus never developed...just think how much harder the miscarriage was after seeing the heart beat. bless their hearts.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Yes, we were led to believe that we were going to see more than we did in last night's show, but I'm not in any hurry to watch them grieve for heavens sake!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
The preview for next week made me cry when Michelle was crying. Such heartache!

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
I only hope they weren't pressured by TLC to film this family stuff. It seems a bit invasive

Watching2

07-07-2001

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
I read an article yesterday where Michelle was saying they thought it would be helpful to others to see their loss so that's why they let them continue to film.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They are used to being filmed and I'm sure it is lucrative.

The Roloffs chose to keep filming when Jacob and Mike Detloff were injured by the trubuchet and also shared about Mike's death.

In a way I imagine they realize that many people have come to care about their family/ies and are sincerely interested.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So much for hoping Michelle finally listened to her body..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/14/19-kids-and-counting_n_1276112.html?ref=parents&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl14%7Csec3_lnk2%26pLid%3D135863

And devastated or not, interviews bring ratings.

Dawn

07-24-2009

Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dawn a private message Print Post    
anyone have any idea why Jana and Jessa weren't hardly in the episode at all? Are they trying to take them out of the public eye for some reason?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Not my choice, but that is their spiritual belief.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Her body, her choice.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I remember when Jim Bob's father died. Some of the mourning was shown. Yes, it was very sad and hard to watch. But I remember thinking that many people do not talk about death at all. It is a natural part of life, to die, and to deal with the grief we feel when others die. Yes, very sad and heartbreaking too. Anyway, I remember thinking that Jim Bob and Michelle were teaching their children how to deal with this natural thing that almost everyone has to deal with at times. And I thought it was all done in such a healthy way. And I remember thinking that by them showing some of it on tv, I thought that might help people.

Angelicfairies2

07-18-2004

Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Angelicfairies2 a private message Print Post    
Has Jill been courted? In that clip with them at the Women's center the skirt she had on, she looked a bit pregnant (I could be wrong)

Watching2

07-07-2001

Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
If she has, they haven't showed in on TV.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I really doubt any of those Duggar girls would have sex before they get married.