TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
General Discussions

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: X-Factor II: General Discussions users admin

X-Factor 2
X-Factor (on FOX)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through March 21, 2012Seamonkey25 03-21-12  10:45 am
Archive through October 12, 2012Donsgirl25 10-12-12  6:50 am
Archive through October 18, 2012Rslover25 10-18-12  9:56 pm
Archive through November 03, 2012Windowbox25 11-03-12  9:33 pm
Archive through December 06, 2012Allietex25 12-06-12  7:47 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Rslover

11-19-2002

Thursday, December 06, 2012 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
I totally disagree about Carley. How can you say that Carley is just a young pop singer? She has proven to sing so many different genres and do them fantastically. The young pop girls are not voting for her so much, probably more for Emblem 3. But, I think everyone else is voting for her, except for country music lovers. Tate is very good but he is just one of the many country singers out there who really can only sing his genre.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, December 07, 2012 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I like country, but just don't see Tate having the X factor or being a great country singer.

I really think Carly has talent and I'm as far from a teen pop fan..

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, December 07, 2012 - 11:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I totally agree w/Seamonky!

Allietex

08-16-2002

Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Allietex a private message Print Post    
It is interesting that all of us seem to think our favorite is something special while the other top contenders are "good singers" but just one of many singers in their genre. I guess it really illustrates that people just have different tastes in music.

Allietex

08-16-2002

Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Allietex a private message Print Post    
I never suggested that the young pop girls were voting for Carly. I never even suggested it.

Allietex

08-16-2002

Thursday, December 20, 2012 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Allietex a private message Print Post    
Funny, I just said Carly was just one of many pop singers and you said Tate was just one of many country singers.

The only difference is that you claim Carly can sing many genres. I did not really see her do that on the show. Not saying she can't, I just haven't seen it.

And we really don't know that Tate can't because he has taken the advice of his mentor and the other judges and stuck pretty much with his own style. He only ventured out once with the Bon Jovi song. And it was not bad, just not as good as what he usually does.

So essentially what is the difference? They both are incredible talented who do best when they stick to their own style.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, December 21, 2012 - 11:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
So... I was checking on the ratings of this show and see it has fallen 1/3 since last year.
I can't find the article now, but there was one talking about how Simon Cowell had to hard sell to keep X Factor from being cancelled because it may have acceptable rating, but it is a very expensive show. They have to cut their budget for next year Hope that means less flashing lights - that give me headaches - and more just singing.

Llkoolaid

08-01-2001

Saturday, December 22, 2012 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Llkoolaid a private message Print Post    
I hope you get your wish sadiesmom, it is all about the singing for me.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 22, 2012 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The difference is that Tate has had many more years to develop his talent and it isn't all that remarkable (to me). Carly IS remarkable for her age or even an older age (again, to me)

I think there is quite a difference and I don't think Carly sticks strictly to a genre.

Anyway, his wife won't have to work, so he can stop whining about that.

Allietex

08-16-2002

Wednesday, January 02, 2013 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Allietex a private message Print Post    
Few of these contestants are complete amateurs, including Carly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carly_Rose_Sonenclar

Of course who is better is just a matter of opinion for all of us. I happen to think Tate is very remarkable. But I also think Carly is amazing. Funny how we see someone so differently. Some see Tate as a whiner. I see him as someone who loves and appreciates his wife and just wants the best for her. Oh well.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 02, 2013 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
She's young and has made something of her life. I'd rather have seen that money invested in her. But I think she will be fine and hopefully Tate's wife will be ablt to never work again.. such a goal!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 02, 2013 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's how I feel as well. Tate is a good singer who has had a long time to develop his talent over many years. Carly is an exceptional young singer and performer with extraordinary potential.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 11, 2013 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Simons Syco production company has signed Emblem3 to what our paper said was a very good contract.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 11, 2013 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And it is seeming more and more true that Britney is out. (and I guess Demi is staying.. and no mention of ditching Mario and/or Khloe).

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And Tate has a contract.. with Syco.. again Simon.

Hope something comes through for Carly too.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 25, 2013 - 11:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It is said that Pink may come on board as a judge.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Khloe Kardashian is out as a host. Unfortunately Mario Lopez will be staying on..

And reportedly, Simon has offered huge bucks to have Sharon Osbourne as a judge on this show.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Way to go Simon, Sharon would be an improvement over everyone he's had in the past.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I agree and I miss her since I wasn't happy with the other judges on AGT and then she was off that, and don't often watch the Talk anymore. I sure hope Sharon takes them up on it.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Apparently Paulina Rubio and Rowlands from Destiny's Child are going to be judges next season.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, July 27, 2013 - 1:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
If anyone wants to attend the tapings of the "road show" where they do the auditions, here is the link The_X_Factor_Road_Shows The tickets say coming soon,\
Iknow some os the cities, Austin, Providence Ri and Atlanta, but if you know they have an audition city near you, and you want to attend, click on the link.

There are other shows taping around the country as well. Who knew that a lot of Nija warrior taped in Maryland?

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I saw an advertisement that Carly Rose will be on Law & Order tonight.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: