TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 21, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: Audition Episodes Discussion: Archive through January 21, 2012 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I can't believe season 11 starts tomorrow! For me, none of the other talent shows compare to AI.

This thread is to discuss the audition episodes, until we get to the voting stage and have individual show threads.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 7:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Ironically, watching the gross excesses of X-Factor has made me more appreciative of American Idol. I never thought that would happen.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm on the fence about this season...it isn't on my record list yet but I was considering going ahead and doing it (since I am giving up gaming on Facebook for a week I have lots of spare time) and watching to see if anyone catches my interest tonight...although after watching the truly talented people on the Sing Off the nonsense that are early auditions for American Idol might be off-putting to me! (Did I mention I have given up playing games on Facebook...I'm just a tad bit cranky!)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Hey Roxip, when you go back to gaming next week, if you play Cityville send me an invite.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
No, Cityville is my sister's addiction...I'm a Gardens of Time, Words With Friends, Zuma, Bejeweled Blitz, Wheel of Fortune addict...oh, and I was in the process of adding Hidden Chronicles when I realized that it was time to take a break. I love to find hidden things in pictures which is what started this sad state of affairs (but on the plus side you wouldn't believe how much housework I did this weekend!).

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Well I thought that was a really good opening night for AI. It was very enjoyable. But just like last year, another lack of gorgeous guys trying out that aren't jail bait.

Oh, and heads up...I noticed that this week there is an extra show on Sunday night (in addition to Wed and Thurs show). But only for this coming Sunday, not every Sunday.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
One little bit of good news....At least up until ep 5, as far as my guide is showing at the moment, the shows are only one hour long.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 19, 2012 - 6:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I thought it was a good opening night as well. I like the judges so much more than on the X-Factor. A pretty nice blend of quality singing, a little back-story and a few duds (but not too many). So much more relaxed and positive and dare I say real than the glitzy over the top X-Factor presentation. I agree that they seem to be pushing for a female winner. Much more emphasis on the women.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, January 19, 2012 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I loved Phillip Phillips! He was so good and just adorable. I hope he makes it into the top candidates.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Thursday, January 19, 2012 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I didn't get to DVR it....Wednesday nights my DVR is overbooked as it is.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, January 19, 2012 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
"I agree that they seem to be pushing for a female winner. Much more emphasis on the women."

I agree with the "emphasis on the women" part but I found it to be highly inappropriate (especially by Stephen T. with Randy egging him on!). I feel like they put women back in another era where sexuality = talent. NOT. I wish they would put people through for their singing and for being the "whole package" that the public would respond to, not just leery old men! Call me old fashioned but I was uncomfortable, several times, with the verbal exchanges coming out of Stephen's mouth with my 15 year old son sitting there. I sure don't want him to look at women in that light....only!

I, too, loved the innocence, purity and shear talent of Phillip Phillips. What a refreshing change and I love the talent and pure joy he shows when he sings. WOW!

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Thursday, January 19, 2012 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
Did you notice that while being interviewed the label under Phillip Phillips' father was:

Phillip Phillips
father of Phillip Phillips

cracked me up

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, January 19, 2012 - 4:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
The poor people who live in Broward and Miami- Dade Counties here in Fl. and have DirectTV cannot get the local Fox station because of a fee despute. It started Fri.@midnight. No AI for them or the football games. Lucky we have cable!

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, January 19, 2012 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
When our DirectTV lost their contract with FOX I called them and insisted that this was part of the package I paid for. They came and installed a small antenna on my rooftop at no charge to me. I can now get all the Fox channels...and some extra local ones as well!

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, January 19, 2012 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Most people went to bars to watch the FB games. Also, some are getting money back from DTV and some months of free service. I think they sold out of small antenna's down here. There are 270,000 DTV customers affected.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, January 19, 2012 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I can't believe the judging tonight. I totally disagree with some of their deciisons. The young man who sang "Halleleuia" should have gone through if they let through the street singer from NY. Come on. I don't like the judging on this show...either!

Denecee

09-05-2002

Friday, January 20, 2012 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
planking? on American Idol? why?

Denecee

09-05-2002

Friday, January 20, 2012 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
next they will be owling!

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Friday, January 20, 2012 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Did you notice, the planking girl got a ticket too? Somehow that seems ridiculous.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Friday, January 20, 2012 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
lol, I did see one in her hand too, and I was like "huh?" I showed my co-workers how to plank and how to do owling, lol!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, January 20, 2012 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Either they gave it to her for a joke or she sang and they didn't show that part.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Friday, January 20, 2012 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
the planking sister was ridiculous, are they going to have her planking thru the whole series....I didn't know this was a show about planking, just plain silly. I also don't agree with some of the choices, I think I just don't hear what they hear. Does the show start with 100 contestants in Hollywood? Do we see that? I thought we saw when they are down to about 24.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, January 20, 2012 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Irsnappy, over 300 people got a golden ticket to Hollywood. We will see it trimmed down in lightening speed with group performances and individual performances, as well as whole rooms full people being sent home at once. Yes we see it all, but edited. It has already happened. In real time they have already chosen the top 42.

I think you meant to ask when do we go to live shows and voting stage? Well last year it was at the top 24, but it has been known to change.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, January 20, 2012 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Getting a golden ticket is a big deal and a potential opportunity but it isn't the be all and end all. They get to go to Hollywood. Then (as Naja said) a whole bunch get sent home.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Saturday, January 21, 2012 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
thanks Naja, in truth I usually start watching when they are down to just 24 so I wasn't aware of what goes on beforehand. I started watching "early" because I really have gotten to like Steven Tyler, crazy loon that he is :-)