TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 26, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: The Masked Singer - Season 3: General Discussion: Archive through February 26, 2020 users admin

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, February 02, 2020 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Just getting this started.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, February 02, 2020 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
This is a fun show!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, February 03, 2020 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Looks like it's going to be another good group. Wow, 18 contestants. Lil Wayne gone already.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, February 03, 2020 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The show is becoming more popular and recognized so they may get more and more notable contestants, though they've already had more than a few amazing ones.

It's a silly show at points, but the performances are often excellent and while they have fun with the masks and outfits, they also seem to treat everyone with respect. I find it a very feel good show.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, February 04, 2020 - 7:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched this yet...a friend of mine told me that most of the judges aren't singers, which turned her off...and it did me too, as if you aren't a singer then how can you judge impartially? Just my opinion

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, February 04, 2020 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Simon Cowell isn't a singer and he is probably one of the most well known judges from American Idol. All of the judges work in the entertainment industry. I'm not sure that you have to be able to sing yourself in order to evaluate a performance. Singing doesn't have rules like ballroom dancing.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, February 04, 2020 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Good Point JImmer....maybe I'll give it a shot. :-)

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, February 04, 2020 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
You may like it! When I first heard the concept, I thought it would be ridiculous (and it is in parts) but, as I've mentioned, they have some amazing talent and good performances and it is a lot of fun.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, February 04, 2020 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Ok Jimmer you have talked me into it :-) (Like I need another show to watch )

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 04, 2020 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We enjoy it. I could live without Jenny McCarthy. She thinks everybody can "sang." She makes my skin crawl.

Hated Ken Jeong at first, but now he makes us laugh. He always knows "exactly who this is" (under the mask).

I thought the clues were better in the first season. I can never get any of the clues anymore.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, February 04, 2020 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yay Scooter!

Ken is a big laugh. I love his over the top enthusiasm.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Tuesday, February 04, 2020 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I want to chime in and tell you how much fun this silly show is, Scooter! It isn't your typical singing competition but more about entertainment and guessing who's under the incredible masks. The judges don't do much "judging" but are there mainly to put together the clues and performances to guess who's under the mask. The audience does most of the voting.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, February 05, 2020 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Wow! I was really surprised that it was Drew Carey. He did good.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Thursday, February 06, 2020 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
My least favorite judge is Nicole, I'm tired of her pretend crushes.

Cpaaa04

06-14-2011

Thursday, February 06, 2020 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cpaaa04 a private message Print Post    
I'm with Sunnyday on Nicole.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Thursday, February 06, 2020 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I'm in the minority. Every season I try to watch this show and after a few weeks I lose interest. The reveals don't shock me because I don't know who about 90% of the contestants are.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Thursday, February 06, 2020 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Wayne Brady and Chris Daughtry entertained me so much last year. They knew how to put on a show. I hope that magic happens again this time.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, February 12, 2020 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Wow, Chaka Khan voted out over whoever is the white tiger? That guy can't sing at all.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 12, 2020 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The tiger is definitely Rob Gronkowski and he can't sing to save his life. Shame shame that Chaka Khan was voted out by that audience.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Thursday, February 13, 2020 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
They voted entertainment over real talent. I hope the next group is better. I don't know what it is but this year hasn't excited me like last year's group did.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, February 14, 2020 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I don't know why they have to bring in the guest judges. They add nothing to the show. I like Leah Remini, but she is not a good judge. When she was a guest judge on DWTS, she totally pissed off Len and Bruno, and by the end of the show, she wasn't even sitting at the judges' table anymore. I don't think she'll ever be asked back as a judge on that show.

We were also shocked that the White Tiger was kept over Chaka Khan. He wasn't even singing that song, just yelling the lyrics in a totally off-key range. It was awful! I guess he had a better costume than the Little Monster, so people voted for him. Sad.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Thursday, February 20, 2020 - 2:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Well that was underwhelming. Last year spoiled me.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 20, 2020 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Last night I thought the frog reminded me of Kevin Hart. But the second the first line of her song came out, I thought the mouse was Dionne Warwick.

And for sure the taco is Tom Bergeron. The pile of VHS tapes confirmed that for me.

This season feels much easier than season 2.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, February 20, 2020 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
It sounded like Dionne Warwick to me, too. Not sure of the others.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, February 26, 2020 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Knew it was Dionne. Mouse sounded like her to me.

Kitty sounds like the girl on American Housewife. I could definitely be wrong though.