TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 02, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XVI: Auditions: Archive through April 02, 2018 users admin

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, March 26, 2018 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
they are in hollywood week don'e need a new thread for it though, I see they are speeding through it this time, I always enjoyed it more bef0re, I think they took too many teenagers, now the families are all around the contestants, like they don't have to learn to cope themselves. I wonder if they each get a room instead of having to share?
the other problem with too many teenagers is that they have to school during the show and that means they can't practice as much and it shows. None of the youngerfolds won until Jordan Sparks season 6. then they seemed to go all out for teens, I am guessing it would lower their demographic, because people over 45 just don't count and don't buy much (?) I am looking for a new condo and car, but don't count on me.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, March 26, 2018 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
When do they tell the top ? whatever? when we vote? Do they tell tonight?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, March 26, 2018 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
we vote once they have the top what ever, judges make all the other choices.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, March 26, 2018 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
My tv listings only go for 2 weeks, but here's what it says for the eps listed there right now.

Sun, April 1, Hollywood week continues.

Mon, April 2, Showcase/Final Judgement.

Sun, April 8, Top 24 solos.

Mon, April 9, Top 24 Celebrity Duets.

And I know we don't vote for any of that because the spoilers already say the judges have picked the top 14.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 6:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I am guessing it would lower their demographic, because people over 45 just don't count and don't buy much (?) I am looking for a new condo and car, but don't count on me.

It’s not so much that people over 45 don’t buy much. It’s that their buying preferences are more rigidly set, or if you prefer, they aren’t as influenced by advertising.

That said, I don’t think many young people are watching AI. AI (and The Voice) just don’t feature enough of the music they like.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 7:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
What Katy did to that last group was crap. Sorry if I can't say that word but nothing else is appropriate that I can say here.

Having said that there are some truly talented people. I wish they had focused more on more of the groups (seems rushed to me) but I like seeing the best of the best.

For those of us who are Kidd Kraddick fans and might have missed her (I did because she looked different from the last time I saw her), Caroline Kraddick was the girl who made the joke during the "sing for your life" segment about how she should be the next American Idol because she didn't make it on The Bachelor. She made it through to group rounds.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Roxip, what did Katy do to the last group. I switched over and watched the Resident.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
That was so, too rushed. I didn’t get anything out of it except “Katy always gets her way. “I get paid to it.... well ok then

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Lazylu, there were 4 girls in the group and she told them there were only 3 spots left. So she told them she wants one of them to volunteer to leave. And one girl (the karaoke girl) did volunteer and started crying. Then Katy ran up there and said she was joking and that all of them are going though.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Naja, thank you. Not funny.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
You're welcome :-)

ok, I found out when voting starts. April 22.

The live shows take place over five straight weeks, from Sunday, April 22 until the grand finale airs Monday, May 21.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I gave up on this. I just can’t stand Katy. And I used to like Luke Bryan, but my view is changing on him too

Egbok

07-13-2000

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I just watched last night AI show. I really enjoyed the format/editing they did with the group auditions. They didn't show all the drama and cat fights as in past AI seasons. This time around, it was shown with a positivity in the flow with just a hint of minor drama.

I like all three judges. To me, their separate/unique personalities seem to blend nicely. They play nicely with each other.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 6:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I’m enjoying the show and the judges as well. It’s actually better than I thought it would be. The real test will be seeing if they have the courage to put through interesting performers. Idol has had some rather bland finalists in the last few seasons.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, March 29, 2018 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I don't think the typical voter on American Idol will vote for someone who looks like her (not that there's anything wrong with how she looks but I think a lot of voters tend to vote for a look over talent - and also there will be a lot of talent by the time we get down to the Top 5 or so). Dang I'm a cynic.

Roxip, I don't think you're a cynic. You are 100% right. AI voters always pick the cute guy with a guitar over more talented singers (aka Adam Lambert--I'm still bitter).

And just so you know, Katy Perry did not wear the same dress to multiple audition locations. They're editing the show this year to mix up the locations. You can tell where they are by the set. Only one I remember clearly in New Orleans, where they were surrounded by the figures from the Mardi Gras parade.

So far I'm enjoying this show and like all the judges. They seem to be getting along and working well together. I didn't like that Katy Perry kissed that boy when he was waiting for someone who meant something to him, but I guess he's not upset about it.

I'm glad AI is back. We've never liked The Voice.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, March 29, 2018 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Yeah I figured out the dress thing sooner or later...but I was kind of bummed...it confused me to not have the auditions one after another instead of jumping from city to city!

Poor Adam - although I usually don't go to pointing fingers at people who are Christians (which I am) - I truly feel that he lost because of the publicity that came out because of his sexuality. There are never (IMO) been a more talented person on AI than Glambert. I still go back and watch his performance of Mad World and it still gives me chills. Even his performance of Ring of Fire - once I got over his taking a quintessential Johnny Cash song and making it into something entirely different - is brilliant. He definitely should have won (and like Clay Aiken, definitely has had a career that has overshadowed that season's winner). I don't believe in judging people by anything else than their talent and Adam was super talented and never boring to watch.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, March 30, 2018 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Once again, I agree 100% with you, Roxip.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 30, 2018 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was just thinking, they are going to be going from 14 to 1 in just 5 weeks. That means every week could be multiple eliminations. I don't like that at all.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, March 30, 2018 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I don’t like that either. One of the things that made Idol work was they gave fans enough time to form a strong enough attachment to the contestants to survive past the end of the season. So people were still interested in them after the season ended and gave them a chance by following their career. The fast elimination of finalists takes that away and makes the show more like The Voice. Not good.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, March 31, 2018 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
you are exactly right.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, April 01, 2018 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
wow, the guy in silver jacket was very good!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 02, 2018 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I know 2 out of 3 my favorites made it through the rooms round.

The rocker with the thick curly mane, Cade Foener.

The unique, long haired, guitar playing, hyper red head, Catie Turner. I loved her original song!

But I don't think my big blond country singer made it though. His name was Caleb, I think he was in the room that was let go, but I'm not sure. Did anybody notice?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, April 02, 2018 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think Caleb made it through, but I'm not sure. When they showed the people in Room 2, I told hubby, "Oh, that's the loser room. Those people didn't do so good." You could totally tell they were going home.

I was so confused when Chris Harrison came out and opened the show. I was like, "What?!" Hubby was all, "Who's that?" (He doesn't watch The Bachelor.) Cute little April Fools, and I like that they all had roses.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 02, 2018 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I was happy Catie made it through, but at the end the made it look like she is eliminated next week 😟

The "next Gloria Estefan" ((Luke's description, not mine), is a performer, but hopefully a better singer than she seemed to me.

There were some who made it through that I think are there to be eliminated.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 02, 2018 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Sea, I was trying to decipher Catie's reaction in the previews, and I am pretty sure is was an "overcome with happiness" reaction.