TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 13, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XVI: Auditions: Archive through March 13, 2018 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, March 10, 2018 - 11:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I figure we can post in this thread until it comes to the voting episodes :-)

Season premiere tomorrow, Sunday night! (March 11)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 11, 2018 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes tonight’s the night! Hopefully these judges will make it a fun show and select some interesting talent.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, March 11, 2018 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I don't know if I will watch, I have such a dislike of Katy perry as a person. She wasn't even that nice to the left shark until it became a thing. And she is notorious for being late, not the best reputation for a live show, we will see, if it is good, I will watch but I really hated the later versions of AI I preferred the 15 minute results show of season one to hanging people up whether they would perform or not during the live performance show.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 11, 2018 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Production could be different.

I am not real pumped over this but thanks for the heads up!

I need to set my DVR to record this.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Sunday, March 11, 2018 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Watched the first hour and was not impressed. Couple of decent songwriters singing original songs, but no knock out voices. In the first hour there wasn't a single contestant I would have put through based on singing ability.
This judge group is much to easy on the contestants too. Not sure I'll watch again.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, March 11, 2018 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
This is just uncomfortable to watch. They judges are just awkward!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 11, 2018 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I liked it except there were too many back story videos. I think everyone who sang had one. The main thing I liked was that it "felt" like American Idol. I was afraid it would lose the AI feel.

I thought the singers they put through were just fine. This is the only singing comp show where we hear their raw voices and watch them grow every week. On "The Voice", the very first time we see the singers they already have a whole band and mega produced act on a huge stage.

All of the judges seem like nice people to me. And my fav singers of the first night were the chubby farm guy who kept saying "wig" and also Alyssa. She had long brown hair and was only 15.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, March 11, 2018 - 8:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
SO far, I have enjoyed it except for the blonde that thought they were just jealous because she sang great according to her. According to me she was terrible. Some they put through, I wouldn't have done it, but they have to have some to eliminate when they get to Hollywood.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, March 11, 2018 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
My favorite singer is also the chubby farm guy. Wig? Not a clue. LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 11, 2018 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Katy explained "Wig" the other night on Jimmy Kimmel.

She said it's part of the internet language she has with the fans, and it means when someone sings something so great that their wig flies off.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, March 11, 2018 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Naja, thank you and I agree with you about Alyssa. She just sang here.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, March 12, 2018 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
This is the only singing comp show where we hear their raw voices and watch them grow every week. On "The Voice", the very first time we see the singers they already have a whole band and mega produced act on a huge stage.

Such a great point and one of the things that makes American Idol unique and interesting. The Voice is so heavily produced.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, March 12, 2018 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I actually liked it a lot more than I thought I would...and that girl Alyssa - what a super talent! Her voice gave me chills also...and she's only 15. I also thought she was very likeable and didn't seem too full of herself.

I thought the weakest person they put through was the little girl who sang with her little sister...no way she's going to make it out of Hollywood in my opinion (so she probably will). Her little sister was super cute though.

The blonde - nasty piece of work. If she truly is a professional stage actress she knows that there is a huge difference in the voice you need for pop as opposed to the voice you need for theatrical productions. She didn't gain herself any fans by her actions (and I thought her singing was horrible also - to me it was just loud).

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 12, 2018 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The blonde was ridiculous.

My wig wasn't close to flying off.

Cruzlvr

11-12-2003

Monday, March 12, 2018 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cruzlvr a private message Print Post    
Just watching my Tivo of AI. Am I the only one uncomfortable with the way Katie Perry is coming on to all the guys? I know she is probably half kidding but she comes on a little too strong for my taste and for some reason I am just uncomfortable with it. I wonder if it was a guy judge acting like that with some of the very young contestants if there would be more said.

That aside, I have really been impressed with any of the singers yet. I am surprised a few of them even made it to sing in front of the judges.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, March 12, 2018 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I've watched some of the first episode and (like Roxip) I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. The judges seem to be working okay together and overall the show has a pretty good feel to it. I haven't noticed Katy coming on to all the guys but maybe I haven't got that far into it yet.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 12, 2018 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
She flirts with some of them.

I got to see the first hou, then I had conflicts.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 - 4:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Yes! Cruzlvr

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I didn't take it as being inappropriate...I guess that's her natural personality and she is just trying to tease them into being more relaxed. Or that's how I took it. I'm not a huge Katie Perry fan but I haven't been offended by her behavior.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 - 7:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
There are very few guys who are offended or feel threatened by a woman flirting with them, regardless of age. It may be a double standard but that is the way it is. Most teenage guys (like 99.9%) would love to have Katie flirting with them.

(If that’s what’s happening. I haven’t seen it yet.)

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought everyone was just having silly fun. The guys were so flattered. This second show night was even more fun than night 1.

Premiere night beat everything in the ratings it up against. I think Monday night ratings will tell a better story.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Seemed like some were out through with more silly fun than actual singing audition.

And in theory they are serious (many of them) about a career move.

I was surprised when they were dancing with the dancer they put through that Katy Perry had trouble staying up on her feet.. Definitely not dancing shoes but she should be used to them. Then she couldn't get up!

Yep, they are having fun.

Thank goodness this is far better than the atmosphere the year Nicki Minaj was in battle with Mariah..

That was the lowest point.

Jeep

10-17-2001

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeep a private message Print Post    
I am really enjoying the show and glad they brought it back. They aren't wasting a lot of time on the rejects, which I am happy about!

The 3 judges seem to get along very well and I expect they will improve even more as they get used to each other. I had no opinions on any of them before the show and I enjoy all of them. If I wasn't an old woman, I would fix my hair like Katie's. I love it. She's so pretty she can get away with it extra short.

Our local ABC station had 2 of the Washington DC contestants on this morning. Brandon Diaz, the guy where his grandpa came here from Cuba and William Casanova, who thinks the ladies are hot for him. It'll be fun to watch how far they both go.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Funny how when women flirt it's okay, but when guys do it's sexual harassment. Sigh.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
See, I watched some of it on Sunday.... wasn't that impressed with Katy Perry. Although, Lionel Richie was truly unexpected. I like him as a judge. Can't figure out Luke Bryan... his facial expressions seem to show that he doesn't like someone.... but, he really does. Anyway, I didn't get into it on Sunday.. If nothing else is on, I might check it out again.