TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 16, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XV: General Discussion: Archive through May 16, 2017 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, August 05, 2016 - 6:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That was the last good season of American Idol. He was the last contestant to take some chances and have the talent to do it.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 11:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I wandered over to previously T^ threads and saw the various idol news = Jax has announced she has thyroid cancer, she expects to over come it.

Todrick Hall will appread onKinky boots on Broadway.

Arianna Asfar (season 8) will play in Hamilton in Chicago.
Diana Degarmo is back in NYC in the Marvelous Wonderettes

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
and they are talking about it being back!
NBC is considering cutting the voice to once a year and having Idol for the other part but get this they only want to do this if they get J-LO??? I found her unwatchable but apparently network programmers thing she is the the best thing ever. Must be men. Older men.

J.Lo & Kelly Clarkson Returning To ‘American Idol’ Reboot? NBC ‘Wants To Make A Splash’

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This would make me happy :-) but I would be happiest if they could bring back the original judges.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'd be happy with them bringing back AI. It always was my favorite of the singing competition shows. I don't like how The Voice rushes at the end and doesn't allow the competitors enough time to showcase their talent and develop a solid fan base.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
What I saw online was that this would replace one on the seasons of The Voice.

But not sure I have missed this so much.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
if they spend all their money on J-lo - it will mean little money for the contestants, And with J-lo who loves to perform, I won't say sing and Kelly who they love to feature - less time for the contestants. The thing I loved about the early years, was it was all about the contestants all the time, I learned their names, I learned who I liked and didn't and was often surprised when I liked something I thought I would hate, They also need someone to tell someone that can't sing, they can't sing, Plus I can do without auto tune.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree it's better when the judges aren't current performers. For example, Randy was a musician (but not a lead performer), Paula wasn't current and Simon never performed. One of my beefs about The Voice is (although I enjoy it) it's more about the judges than the contestants.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, February 13, 2017 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I would prefer Paula to J-lo

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, May 05, 2017 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
OK it is a go for september 2018
‘American Idol’: Deal in Place at ABC to Revive Competition Series (EXCLUSIVE)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 05, 2017 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I haven't been missing it, to be honest. Guess we will see how it goes.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, May 05, 2017 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I miss it like crazy. January felt like something was missing this year.

I keep reading this sentence, and it's just not making sense to me. Does it mean Simon will be back or won't?

"The ABC deal would preclude the involvement of original judge Simon Cowell, who was rumored to be a possibility to rejoin the show at NBC, where he produces “America’s Got Talent” and has an exclusive agreement."

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm happy to see it come back. I hope they make it work.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
I would say not, Naja. It says he has an exclusive agreement with NBC.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
last I heard they were dead set to have the same judges as the last year it was on. I know they think it needs J-lo. Where I think it does not, but it also does not need Mariah or Nikki Minaj
other than that pretty much there are a lot of women to chose from.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, May 15, 2017 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We absolutely loved Harry and Keith. They were so funny together, and I loved their interaction with the contestants. I have to say, though, when all three judges walked out on the stage, Keith and Harry were invisible to me. All I cared about was what JLo was wearing and what they'd done with her hair.

I've read this will come back in the 2017-2018 TV season (probably in the spring of 2018). I have missed this show. But please, no Paula. Ugh.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, May 15, 2017 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
right now no past judges One songwriter, one producer and one performer currently rumored to be Daughtry.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
This morning, I heard that Daughtry was confirmed as a judge.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Katy Perry was just announced as a judge..

http://thefutoncritic.com/news/2017/05/16/grammy-and-emmy-nominated-pop-icon-katy-perry-set-to-judge-on-abcs-american-idol-436412/20170516abc08/

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Katy Perry made one my all time favorite comments when she was filling in as a judge on AI a few years ago.

They did a whole big introduction and back-story on a contestant (it was a sad back-story). Then Katy said something like, "That's very sad ... but can he sing?"

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I love it JImmer!!!!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm not a huge Katy Perry fan so it makes me disinclined to watch Idol. Funny thing is my daughter used to love her and over the last few years has really soured on her. I don't know if it is a daughter thing or a 20-something thing.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Well she did get some flak over her new video...

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I love Katy's music. I own it all. But her personality not as much. She also has a strange speech pattern.