TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 05, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XV: General Discussion: Archive through August 05, 2016 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, January 29, 2016 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the group round more than normal. That poor guy with mono.... but, I think he really stood out to the judges. His performance was awesome.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, January 29, 2016 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
He has a great voice and performs well. And if he's that good and determined with mono that says something for sure!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, January 29, 2016 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I was surprised they let him stay. Dylan had mono and they wouldnt let him stay in school. He was so sick, worse I had ever seen. It lasted a week

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 29, 2016 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Clearly they let people stay with issues that threaten that person, but mono can be contagious to others.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 29, 2016 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I also enjoyed the group round with the exception of that one mean girl who was sabotaging her own team. But, she got hers!

There were people I didn't get who stayed, but there is plenty of time for them to go and some I hated to see leave but it is always like that.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, January 29, 2016 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh yes, that was very satisfying seeing the mean girl be the only one sent home from her group. I can only hope she learned a lesson after watching herself act that way on TV.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 11:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm late chiming in late because I watched the Democratic debate first.

All my girls made it through! Jenn, Jenna, and Avalon. And MY GOODNESS, Avalon is so good I can't believe it. Her solo performance tonight was the best thing I have seen this season so far. I am very curious to see her in makeup and in something dressier than jeans and a stocking cap. I am also curious to see Jeneve (the off the grid country girl) after the makeup and costume people get to her. I bet she makes a big transformation.

And I finally figured out a guy to root for this evening. MacKenzie, the guy with glasses and a guitar. He is just awesome.

Anyway, I am happy my 3 girls made it, and now I also have a guy to root for.
Next week we vote!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 11:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think they did a very good job of selecting the contestants this year. We seem to have a pretty diverse group of artists (talking musical styles here). I do wish Jeneve would take off the hat. I never think I'll like her, but then--darnit!--she makes me like her! Some very talented singers. Sorry that so many will have their dreams crushed next week.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 11:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This week showed us the top 24. So next week the 12 guys perform on one night and the 12 girls perform on another.

Last year top 24 was cut to top 16.

Then the next week top 16 was cut to the top 12.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, February 05, 2016 - 12:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I thought they were not going to do it by gender this year and that it would be a randomly mixed groups each night.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, February 05, 2016 - 12:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Well, I guess you might be right. What it said was 12 of the 24 finalists will perform not only a solo, but also a duet with a former American Idol… and five will go home. So they didn't say gender plays into it.

But as of right now, the top 24 consists of 12 boys and 12 girls.

Spoton

09-16-2005

Friday, February 05, 2016 - 6:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
Actually there are 11 men and 13 women.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, February 05, 2016 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Well that's what happens when you over shoot the commercials I guess.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, February 05, 2016 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Spoton!!! I was actually keeping a count of boys and girls with a pad and pen, and at one point I came up with 12 girls and 10 guys and then they said they had space for one more girl and one more guy. I thought I messed up, but maybe I was right after all!

I've read that they're actually condensing this season and it's going to be shorter than past seasons. That makes me sad. It seems like a disserive both to the fans and to the contestants. We shall see . . .

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, April 01, 2016 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
so very sad - no tour this year. I didn't always go to the tour, but I went to a few and enjoyed them.

the kids on the show used to make a lot of money from this show, it bankrolled them to start in something . some wasted it on trying to start a singing career, some invested in a music career and it worked for them. Some spent it on college and got good jobs afterwards, I recall one got into IT and was making some serious money that way,
anyway, o tour,

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, April 01, 2016 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
FOX has really cheapened this season. What a shame for a show that put their network on the map.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, April 01, 2016 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
the tour was controlled by 19 and 19E was purchased away from Simon Fuller a number of years ago - so different management with the current corporate idea of what a waste of money would be.

Now if they had any imagination they could have toured the top 5 and added 5people who were popular but need a push, I can mention a few who would have brought crowds n for not too much money. But the current corporate thinking is make a quick buck or just don't bother.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just noticed there's a special episode of American Idol on Tuesday night. It says it's a retrospective and includes current and former judges, contestants, behind-the-scenes anecdotes and Idol memories.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, April 04, 2016 - 6:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That could be fun. Thanks for letting us know, Naja.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, April 04, 2016 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
yeah and guess what Idol just tweeted about that show!

American Idol Finale ‏@MYIDOLTOWN 1h1 hour ago
Jennifer Hudson,Fantasia Barrino,&LaToya London perform "Bridge Over Troubled Water" for American Idol Series Finale! #americanidol #idol

I know they are mad that Clay Aiken tweeted the show was bad, it was pretty unwatchable most of this year - but gee whizz guys - talk about a missed moment!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This retrospect episode is really good. So many good memories.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I'm enjoying it, too. Lots of memories.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 10:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well worth watching.

And as much as I've enjoyed the current judges.. as someone said in the show tonight, it did become more about the judges in a way.

Good show.. and how painful to see Nicki and Mariah.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed it much more than I thought. Justin Guardini was looking good! They mostly focused on their successful idols or idol contestants. Too bad Phillip Phillips wasn't represented except for maybe 1 picture, but I guess if you are in litigation with someone you don't want to promote them.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, August 05, 2016 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I saw this on yahoo.com and just had to steal it - I still think this man is the best singer/entertainer to not win American Idol (not to mention he's just hot)!

http://www.rickey.org/american-idol-star-adam-lambert-sings-faith-at-greatest-hits-video/296942/