TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 14, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: The Voice - Season 9: Live Shows - America votes: Archive through December 14, 2015 users admin

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I keep waiting for this show to have even 1 breakout A list star come out of it. I like this show better than AI, but it just seems that AI may be the better platform for the contestants to make it big.

Dke1212

07-13-2005

Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dke1212 a private message Print Post    
I wish Madi would have made it. However, Jeffrey was best in the sing off and he may just surprise Adam and Jordan IF he sings next week like he did last night.

Monkou

05-09-2011

Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Monkou a private message Print Post    
Agree Dke

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I agree, Dke and Monkou. I hope. I kinda feel like Jordan may think he's got it wrapped up.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Not so sure Jordan feels like he's got this wrapped up but I bet Adam feels like he does. In past season's finales, I've felt like others did better than country singers that actually won. We will see I guess. If a country singer has to win again, I hope it's Barrett. Would lots rather see Jordan or Jeffrey win though.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I keep waiting for this show to have even 1 breakout A list star come out of it. I like this show better than AI, but it just seems that AI may be the better platform for the contestants to make it big.

I agree. When AI started it was mostly about the contestants and promoting the contestants. The show was about finding/creating an American Idol. Now AI is a lot about the judges. However, The Voice takes that to a ridiculous new level. It's almost all about the judges.

Another reason The Voice contestants aren't very successful is that success in the music business isn't all about "the voice". There are thousands of amazing singers in the U.S. and Canada. So the voice is important but it's not just the voice.

I still enjoy watching the show but that's where it ends for me. I haven't listened to any of them after the show ended.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I enjoy the show as well and haven't tried to follow any contestants after it's over except last yr's winner, Sawyer Frederick (I had to think hard to remember his name just now). I have googled him a cpl times since his show ended.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I did not care for that arrangement (?) of Climb Every Mountain. Ugh! Therefore no vote for Jordan on that one.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
All 4 will do a song of their choice, a holiday song, & a duet w/their coach.

Jordan did his song of choice, Climb Every Mountain. He's always great but, he should have done something similar to his last wk's Queen number IMO.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Emily Ann is singing her holiday number: Blue Christmas. Nothing to get excited about.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Jordan sang "Blue Christmas". I think she started out just ok but ended really strong.
Jordan will probably win but all his songs sound alike. He's great but I would never buy his CD or go see him.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Hi Texasdeb........

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Well, howdy to you too, Jag2000!

Barrett & Blake are doing Glen Campbell's Rhinestone Cowboy as their duet. It was a great song choice & I liked it for their voices.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Jeffery is singing his holiday number: Oh Holy Night. He has such a pretty voice to just listen to - kinda reminds me of Clay Aiken.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I agree that Blake/Barrett were great together.
Jeffrey has a really strong and great voice also. I think the stage productions are extraordinary tonight.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
The stage productions are something, I'll agree. Jordan & Adam's is great. They are so singing the melody at the same time & it almost sounds like just one voice. This was a really great performance!

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Barrett did his song of choice. I wasn't "wowed"

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Emily Ann & Blake's duet of Dolly Parton & Kenny Roger's "Island in the stream" (or whatever the name of that song is) was my fav performance so far of the night.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Wow. Some great performances tonight!

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Jeffery did his song of choice & it was a country song that he made pop! (feel the Gwen/Blake if you will). He was great.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Barrett just did his holiday number, Silent Night. I'm not impressed.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Jeffery's duet w/Gwen was country & it was good!

Hey, do you think Blake turned Gwen onto the fact that country folks are the biggest voters.........

seems kinda funny that Jeffery has done country songs tonight.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought Barrett's "Silent Night" was the worst performance of the night so far.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Jordan did great on him holiday number.

Emily Ann is doing her choice number. She got the "pimp" spot.

She looks so pretty w/the big hair & all........I'm just not seeing her winning the "show".

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I feel Barrett was the weakest tonight, Emily Ann not too far behind him. Jordan and Jeffrey were the strongest. But Jeffrey almost left last week.