TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 17, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: The Voice - Season 9: Live Shows - America votes: Archive through November 17, 2015 users admin

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, November 16, 2015 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Braiden (Team Gwen) sang a Rock song....not impressed
Amy (Team Adam) nearly put me to sleep.
Mark (Team Pharrell) was really, really great.
Emily Ann (Team Blake) sang Country. She was good but needs a little more flair. JMHO

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, November 16, 2015 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jag!

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, November 16, 2015 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jimmer for the banner. It looks great.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, November 16, 2015 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Korin (Gwen) not good at all. Maybe it was song choice.
Barrett (Blake) I like him but again....not great song choice.
Maybe it's just me. Any other opinions out there??

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, November 16, 2015 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
You're welcome. I'm actually watching Dancing With the Stars.

But that's why I appreciate the updates. I'm recording The Voice and I'll be watching later.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, November 16, 2015 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Madi (Pharrell) one of the band members during rehearsal recommended she do Reggae. She was good. It's unbelievable that she's only 16.
Jeffrey (Gwen) pretty good. Better than most tonight.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, November 16, 2015 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Earlier Blake n Gwen had some banter between them and it was pretty funny. All the judges cracked up.
Shelby (Adam) she made a mistake and got ahead of the band. I didn't hear it but the judges thought she recovered very well. Her voice is powerful.
They seem to be saving the best for last tonight. Evan, Zachary and Jordan.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, November 16, 2015 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Jordan (Adam) hit one out of the park. His voice is soo pure and powerful. Everyone is standing and applauding.
Evan (Pharrell) sang before Jordan and his voice is great also.
Zach (Elvis) gets the pimp spot. He's on Team Blake and we didn't see Elvis tonight.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 16, 2015 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Great banner, Jimmer!!!

Neither show has started here, but I got DWTS all charted and posted.. not sure what I will watch. Probably The Voice. Independent Lens on PBS later.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, November 16, 2015 - 10:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Shelby did pretty well too. So far, the show it a bit boring. Was this ballad night?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, November 16, 2015 - 10:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Evan was good and Jordan was amazing.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 2:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
Great Banner, Jimmer! thanks so much; makes the discussion portion so much easier!

I agree with the above comment re "Korin (Gwen) not good at all"(with her song Tintanium) and her bleached blonde hair, neither of which i cared for.
She didn't seem as genuine and unique as usual.
Her performance actually lost me the show for the rest of the night: I switched away and watched the new HBO documentary on the growth of Latin singers and other performers in this country--quite excellent if you get the chance to watch! Every time I would briefly checked back on the voice subsequently, they were showing a commercial so I finally gave up for the night. Will catch it later on demand.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks for all the nice comments about the banner.

I'm looking forward to seeing the show but my expectations are a bit lower, based on the general comments. My question (as always) is did anyone step out there and take any risks? I find that most performers on singing shows now tend to take a very safe approach. Safe can be boring.

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
I watched 2 hours in about 10 minutes. I agree, it was boring. Braiden is from CT so he's on our news quite a bit. He's a cute kid, but I just think there were better people eliminated before him.

When Adam eliminated Blaine, that was it for me. I think rock music has been really suffering for several years now. It would have been nice to see Adam support it. I am so tired of pop and country.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I wish that the judges would encourage more risks and get the contestants to really go for it. Especially on a show like The Voice where the judges have such a dominant role. It's strange. This is probably these contestants' one big chance in a lifetime to stand out and be memorable and it rarely happens.

Please tell me if you can think of others since but the last person that I can think of on a reality singing show who stood out, took chances and was willing to be different was Adam Lambert and that is quite a while ago.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Does just 1 go home tonight? If I remember correctly, last season the bottom 2 did a sing off & America voted & the one w/the most votes from that sing off got to stay another wk.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I'll be super surprised if it's someone other than Korin that goes home.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Glad it wasn't only me that thought the show was ho-hum last night.

Sandra

07-05-2004

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sandra a private message Print Post    
Zack and his eyebrows!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
This doesn't bode well because I generally find The Voice rather ho-hum even when most people are saying they enjoyed it.

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
Texasdeb, yes, just one will go home tonight. I'm not sure how the "one" will be decided.

Jimmer, thanks so much for the great banner!!

I hasn't seemed like a very exciting season so far. I keep waiting for someone to knock my socks off and it's just not happening. I'm afraid it's already Jordan's to lose. He does have a beautiful voice and can sing the crap out of all the songs he's done....he's just not "exciting".

Korin should be the one to go tonight. I can't believe Gwen talked her into cutting and bleaching her hair out! It looked terrible on her!

Unfortunately, if the ITunes charts are the same as the votes, it may be Braiden. He was on the bottom of the charts.

1. Jordan
6. Amy
9. Jeffery
11. Barrett
20. Emily Ann
26. Zach
34. Madi
35. Shelby
55. Korin
56. Evan
62. Mark
76. Braiden

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I'm not done w/Braiden so I sure hope it's not him to go. I would be fine w/Mark or Korin going home. I don't really care for Emily Ann either but don't think she's in any danger. I don't get Evan not being higher up - he is really good but didn't have his best night last night....hope he is safe.

I agree that this is Jordan's to lose but he has no "it" factor.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Jordan (Adam) & Jeffery (Gwen) safe

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Emily Ann (Blake) & Madi (Pherell) safe

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Blake & his 3 singing "Lean on Me"