TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 13, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XIV: 2015 top 12 to the end: Archive through May 13, 2015 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Lee DeWyze seems like a nice guy but he is just part of an ever growing list of recent American Idol winners who don't have a distinctive style and have nothing particularly memorable about them (unless bland is a style).

The only thing American Idol has going for it is it's still the only American singing talent show to produce any sort of significant stars. But that hasn't happened for years now.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 9:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Anyone.......It's because Simon C (the judge) is not there! Sawyer will come out of THE VOICE this yr. Nothing else will happen in the music industry........

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think Nick will win it this year, voters seem to like the 'singer-songwriter' guys on the show. But, I'm not sure if it will be the launching pad that he hopes for.

Spoton

09-16-2005

Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
I love the top three. I keep going between wanting one, then the next, and the next. I think they (the show) did a great job this year in bringing us great talent and a variety of styles. Loved the show last night.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I don't know. I think Nick and Jax will be final 2, but I bet it will be close.

Spoton

09-16-2005

Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
I wouldn't have given Nick a chance a few weeks ago, but he has really come into his own.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That is exactly what I thought, too, Spoton. I'm not joking when I say that I thought Nick's awful haircut would have him voted out early. I was wrong.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
TV Upfronts: Who's Up, Who's Down, Who's Desperate
Idol will return with the same trio of judges, but insiders say the 15th season will be cut back and is expected to be the series' last.

too bad. I was reading Rodney Ho today and he pointed to this article, and mentioned that Caleb winner last year did not sell 50 tickets in a concert in Atlanta this year.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I'm seeing an article but not that one.

And Caleb who? I'll have to go refresh my memory.

I think only Jax really soars here.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ahh Jena and Caleb.. both were good and that is too bad if he's not being well promoted or ??

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Caleb was last year's winner. that was in this article which quoted the one I posted.
Report: ‘American Idol’ may end its 15 season run next year

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, May 11, 2015 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Well, it's official. Only 1 more year of American Idol. Yes, I think it's run it's course.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/05/11/media/american-idol-cancelled/index.html

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, May 11, 2015 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think part of the problem is the money they are now paying for Ryan and for judges, and in our paper they pointed out that their age cutoff is lower than that for The Voice, so they lose more experienced performers and the article also opined (personally I don't agree) that when they stopped showing the "funny" auditions that was bad. I didn't enjoy those after a couple of seasons.

For me, the save, which had potential, was always used too soon and inappropriately and all the many ways of voting brought in people who probably weren't even watching the show. Then they added the East Coast Save (or, for the west coast, those on illegal streams or those just voting but not able to watch before voting).

All killers, too.

And maybe Simon was just a better judge? Judge of marketability with no personal stake in terms of pimping a new cd or new video or song or tour for himself.. he also wasn't nattering on about "goosies" and crap like that.

Another point made in the article in the paper was that the Carey-Minaj fiasco kind of killed it for many people.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, May 11, 2015 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
The initial judges were not important, but as the show became popular, they, including Simon, decided they were the stars. Simon decided the was the only judge because Paula was on something and barely coherent at times toward the end and Randy was just useless.
Then the Voice - is all about the judges, which is why no one remembers the contestants.

I think the top age on Idol is 30, was originally 25, not exactly a kid. The youngest is 16 or 15 which is far too young, was originally 17. the voice and idol both have singing and judges, but other than that, one was supposed to be about the contestants, one was about the judges = but it went wrong when both were about the judges.

I would like season 15 to be a second chance for one person from each year (although they would have to reach to find someone willing from season 1 - getting long in the tooth and he talent pool was not that deep.
Problem is most talented people have carved out careers for themselves and would not give them up.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
here are the 3 coronations songs - wwe will only hear 2 of them, they will dismiss one person at the beginning of the show - Finale tonight.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I'm so surprised by the elimination.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Performance finale tonight. They will crown the winner tomorrow night, two-hour finale.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
so sad about the elimination. there were tears. so hard this year

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Who was eliminated?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
jax

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wow.. three shows I won't bother watching tonight and won't bother with AI tomorrow. Simply don't care between the guys. The upside of not even recording The Voice is I can record Hell's Kitchen and not wait for the weekend repeat show.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 12:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
I was shocked to see Jax go. Nick is better than Clark, in my opinion. If Clark would just do straight ballads, he'd do better, not try to do all the didos. And he needs to be auto tuned.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 1:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Another WGWG- isn't that the acronym? White guy with guitar.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 7:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I hope these guys do something but I kind of suspect they're in the Lee DeWyze, David Cook, Kris Allen category. Very disappointing.

Why can't they get someone who is unique? I blame the judges and production for not having the courage to promote unique acts.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
David Cook did well for awhile, but I don't think that is really what he wanted to do with his life.