TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 05, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: The Voice - Season 8: America votes.....: Archive through May 05, 2015 users admin

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Sawyer is still my pic to win the whole thing. I do hope that Joshua can stay out of that dreaded bottom 3 tonight. I don't think he can win, but I don't want him & Adam out of it just yet. I really like watching Hannah but she might be in trouble tonight. All of them are so good at this point & they're all giving it all they've got. Kimberly prob. had the best performance though. Song choice may have hurt India - but, didn't she pick it? Cory is just not my cup of tea & I would actually send him packing if it was just up to me. The country music voters will keep him safe though.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Kimberly & India performed with someone famous that I didn't recognize. Joshua is the 1st announced save by America's vote. Yes, I can live with that!

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Sawyer is the next announced save. Yippi!

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Has anyone seen Sawyer without his hat?

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Don't remember ever seeing Sawyer without a hat. Meagan is the 3rd announced save & I'm happy about that because I like her a lot. I liked her when she was on another show - I think it was That Simon Cowell show & she was in a duet with some guy.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Just went on to Sawyer's FB page and saw him without his hat. He wears his hair parted in the middle.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Koryn safe.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Hannah, Cory and India sing for the save.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Kimberly & Koryn both saved in that order. Hannah, Cory, & India will sing for the text vote. See, I knew Blake would loose at least 1 & maybe 2. India's song choice, Over the Rainbow has been done & done & done again & is a beautiful song....but, it should not be done at this point in a talent contest! I'm wishing the save for either Hannah or India though.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
America saved India.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Blake can get off of his high horse now! Meagan is a great choice for him to have as his only focus. I'll miss Hannah.......

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I just don't get why Kimberly keeps staying..

Tabbyking

03-11-2002

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tabbyking a private message Print Post    
I don't know why, but Meghan Linsey looks like she's at least 35 years old. Is she really only 28? Sometimes I think it's not fair that people who have had recording contracts (or their big chance already) get to do The Voice.

Kimberly is not my favorite, but I also wonder at Joshua. He has a nice voice, but when others can belt and hit high notes, his songs seem pretty 'mild'. So do Sawyer's, but he reminds me of Arlo Guthrie from back in the day, and he has a very strong voice, even though he also chooses 'simple' songs.
I have to say, I really prefer The Voice to American Idol. The try-outs to get chairs to turn are so exciting!

Tabbyking

03-11-2002

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tabbyking a private message Print Post    
Oh, and to be fair to Kimberly, she rocked it last night. Awesome performance.

Mush

09-09-2002

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mush a private message Print Post    
I have to agree with Sea about Kimberly -- and I hate to say that because she's a home-town favorite. The belters just aren't my thing. To my ears it just sounds like screaming, not singing.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It was shouting to me.

Joshua is not exciting.

I'm just talking about my reaction, of course.

I do like Sawyer. Enough to buy his music? Probably not.

Northstar

09-29-2008

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northstar a private message Print Post    
If I were to buy anyone's music, it would probably be the record Mia makes a few years from now. Maybe Joshua's for that weekend evening at the lake with a book and a glass of wine.

Tonight's results weren't too surprising except for Joshua. I never seem to think he has a big following...guess he does!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
With Kimberley, I think it's more about putting on a show than anything else... it makes her stand out.

Okay, I have to say that Jason Durelo probably asked India for her phone number. To me, he appears entranced by her voice. During the song, I think he wanted to sing more with her but then remembered that Kimberley was on the stage as well.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Kimberly does put on a show! She's fun to watch just like Hannah was. Meagan does seem older than the others but maybe that's because we've had so many really young ones this season. Also, Meagan has a classy look instead of a young sexy look.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, May 01, 2015 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I just watched this weeks episode... And here is why Sawyer is a favorite - opening number as a group, I am working and I actually raise my eyes to the screen when Sawyer had a solo line - because the voice was THAT good to me.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, May 04, 2015 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I'll be watching tonight. They are all so good! I just love that Sawyer no matter if he messes up or not I think that he's won America's heart!

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, May 04, 2015 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
They all brought their A game tonight. Hard to tell who goes tomorrow night. India was in the B3 last week but was saved. Hope she stays and Kimberly goes.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I really liked Josh's 2nd song. The first song, not so much. Koryn sounded better in rehearsals than during the show. Now that Blake is down to 1 person, Meghan is probably safe. India, while a wonderful singer, just doesn't move me. Kimberly and Sawyer are probably safe. Is it one or 2 leaving tonight?

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
I think 2 are leaving tonight.

Thought Joshua's first song was nothing but a hot mess! Kimberly is still just a screamer to me.

Here is how they all charted on ITunes.

3 - Sawyer/Shine On
5 - Meghan/Amazing Grace
11 - Sawyer/Take Me to the River
15 - Joshua/In My Life
25 - Meghan/Steamroller Blues
35 - Koryn/Everybody Hurts
45 - Koryn/Dream On
46 - India/Glory
53 - Joshua/Desire
69 - India/Lay Me Down
106 - Kimberly/Free Falling
117 - Kimberly/Dirty Diana

Might Kimberly go home tonight? For me..........I hope so!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
That would be crazy if Kimberly and India left. Sawyer and Meghan are probably a lock. Glad to see Josh's "In my life" is doing so well on the Itunes chart. It's a beautiful song and he sung it very well. Perfect for his voice.

I didn't think that "Take me to the River" was a good song for Sawyer. He seemed rather stiff singing it to me. The backup dancers didn't help either. Also, did not love "free falling" by Kimberley. It's a boring song to me, no matter who sings it.