TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 23, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XIV: 2015 top 12 to the end: Archive through April 23, 2015 users admin

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Friday, April 17, 2015 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kitt- I really enjoyed your posts. You are so kind and obviously someone who loves justice! :-)

I agree with everything you posted..I also hope Quentin can brush it off.

Someone taught me something about 20 years ago. They said pay attention to the commericals because they had started putting violence in them. Then they started attacking the family and making the husbands and fathers look like fools in front of their wives and kids, or the wives and children disrespected their husbands/fathers or like today-children disrespect parents/grandparents in commercials.

I have always paid attention, much like the media is doing today. They use key words to get your attention and tear whomever apart with false and dramatic words. I don't watch that stuff anymore-in fact I abhor it. It makes me angry to see them ruin people's lives. Shame on them!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, April 17, 2015 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thanks Rubyroo, although I will stop now, I'm just repeating myself at this point.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Typical hyperbolic headlines and reporting blowing things out of proportion. For example, he didn't "storm" the judges table.

Quentin was upset, Ryan dangled the bait, Quentin went for it and Harry had his moment. All part of a nice ploy to create some controversy and liven things up at Quentin's expense of course.

I do feel bad for him. I think he got used.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Oh Quentin got used, and I think it is surprising to harry that he is also finding himself on the most hated list.

Oh I came here to say that at idolforums they are tracking Itunes sales and so far Clark is the only one who broke into the top 100 in sales. then next best seller - was Daniel - ha ha .

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Clark is good! I wasn't that impressed with him at first because I was worried that he was another wgwag (white guy with a guitar) but he is good.

The music business is tough.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I was sorry to see Joey go. At least, she was different. I couldn't even remember Nick's name. Had to check my notes.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Clark is good, but I just don't feel any connection with him. He needs to play into the camera more. I don't feel like he's singing to me.

I think my favorites at this point are the girls: Jax and Tyanna. Still a few weeks to go, though. We will be gone for two weeks after the next show. Will be hard not to get spoiled!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I am not sure how big Clarks range is sometimes he jsut squeaks out a note, I don't feel comfortable listening to it. I have no idea why they have not taught these guys to look into the camera. People have been able to do that for years that have had no TV experience, I wonder if they have a new camera crew and the camera is not where they expect it or a new training crew. Did someone up tread say they don't have stylists anymore and he kids are on their own?
As far as being paid they get a fee for performing and a clothing allowance no idea what they are now, but they were sizable in the past.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I thought maybe the stylists had kicked in this week. I didn't notice the clothes, but Joey had different hair, so did Tyanna, and possibly Jax too (although more difficult to know with her longer hair).

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, April 20, 2015 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Well, that is hair and make up, the stylists used to shop with the contestants to advise them on what looks good or bad..

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, April 20, 2015 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I always love to see what Quentin is wearing. That boy has style! I want him to take me shopping.

Kelly Clarkson specifically told them when she was mentoring a couple of weeks ago to find the red light and "make sweet love" to it. Clark just looks off at nothing. I find it distracting and annoying. Nick is improving.

Trini

07-06-2004

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
i'm hoping Nick would be next to leave.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well, don't think for a minute the idol does not love controversy, they are featuring the disagreement in their latest promos. We wouldnot want to features the singers, would we?

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
just switched over from watching Survivor. Dang, this show isn't near as popular as it used to be. I saw Nick & he had better eye contact.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
yeah, I DVR idol while watching Survivor, and fast forward during the judges so I can enjoy the show - no goosies for me.
So in the beginning of the show,
Nick looked OK, but he is a front man, does Idol want another front man?
Clark kind of boring me now,
Tyanna, just ok to me, she does not seem to be having fun in this song.

Whee - Quentin and his 60's gig - Light my fire - was that ever an arena song? I remember that it was more of a free concert song.
still off key and beat.
Lets see if the idol vote killer will win - at least I know Rayvon will go next week. And harry tears it apart as he tries to pretend to be nice about it. He really must hate Quenten

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am so happy for Rayvon getting to go on tour. I certainly like him much more than I like Quentin.

I will be fine with either Jax, Clark or Rayvon winning. I'm not too thrilled with Nick and Tyanna.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
So I guess you're implying that Quentin was eliminated?

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
LOL, yes :-) For some reason I thought someone already said it, but I see they didn't.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I wouldn't have argument against Quentin going if the vote hadn't been poisoned.

People who didn't see the show were convinced that Quentin did almost attack Harry and that simply was not true.

I'm glad I wasn't even tempted to get tickets for the tour.. couldn't justify driving any distance for any of the guys who are left.

I know it is old but yeah, Light My Fire was certainly an arena song. The Beatles song, I guess, and I recognize Tyanna's song of course. The others, not so much.

I guess they are singing another. Not sure I'll make it that long..

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 10:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, same here about Quentin. He's the weakest I think (although I thought his Light My Fire was great) it's just horrible what Harry did to him and how it undoubtedly sealed his fate.

I'm just a bit into the second half, like Survivor I'm not much enjoying this season. Nobody offends me at all (unlike Survivor!) but apart from Jax no one seems to have much spark.

Tabbyking

03-11-2002

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tabbyking a private message Print Post    
I don't know how many people are going to fork out money to see only the top 5. JMHO... I went to Sacramento a few years back, mainly to see Adam Lambert. He was incredible--and, it turned out later, he was so sick that night, he went to the E.R. after the show. I can't imagine how he'd have been had he been feeling well because he was truly phenomenal. Made Kris Allen's set so anti-climatic. They came out in the order they were eliminated, so Adam performed right before Kris.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh and

A) J Lo's cleavage

and

B) only five go on tour????

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Adam Lambert was the last really talented original contestant that they've had on the show. No one has come close to that level since. That's a lot of seasons with no spark.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think Phillip Phillips had that special something, nothing like Adam of course, but he had what I would call a spark. And there have been some talented ones who you know wouldn't do much, like Candice Glover. This year there doesn't seem to be either.