TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 28, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: The Voice - Season 8: America votes.....: Archive through April 28, 2015 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 20, 2015 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
eta: But I remember Crystal Gayle from when I was really little, so that had to be the 70s.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 20, 2015 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Sawyer was amazing! My DH is 25 years older than I am, and even he thought he was good. Normally he says they all suck...LMAO!

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 4:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
My favorites of the night were Koryn, Megan, India and Sawyer. Koryn just knocked it out of the park!

I love Deanna too, but she does have a problem hitting the lower register notes.

I did not like Cory's song and just wasn't impressed at all.

Once again, Adam assigns a horrible song to one of his team........Joshua. He does it every season and that's why he hasn't won more often. Joshua didn't even want to sing that song and he was right. I fear Joshua will be going home tonight.

I feel like I'm the only one not in love with Kimberly. Her voice just hurts my ears.

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
ITunes ranking as of 10:30 eastern.

3 - Koryn
4 - Sawyer
26 - Meghan
46 - India
47 - Hannah
54 - Kimberly
80 - Cory
85 - Joshua
87 - Rob

Wouldn't be surprised if Rob and Joshua were the 2 to go.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
No Deanna on the ITunes ranking?

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I'm thinking Deanna & Rob will be the 2 to go.

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
Oh, so sorry Kooklie, I forgot to add Deanna on. She was at 92.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I didn't like a lot of the song choices last night. I personally liked Cory last night. I have liked Sawyer, Koryn and Meghan plus Cory and Joshua from the get go. I see Deanna and Joshua being the 2 to go.

Dke1212

07-13-2005

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dke1212 a private message Print Post    
I can't understand Deanna half the time.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Last year, Adam was really into it. He got most of the 4 chair turns and had 3 really awesome singers at the end. Then, he lost to the Country guy. I still think the guy who sang his own song (so good) should have won last year. This year, Adam couldn't even win a 2 chair turn. In addition, he's gotten married, has a clothing line and is on a world tour this season. So, I think that when he couldn't get the singers he wanted, he may have settled just to fill his team. Deanna was the only 4 chair turn for him remaining. Last year, he seemed to really enjoy working with his time. Adam just doesn't seem too excited this season.

I see Pharrel and Christina putting out more 'performances' than Adam and Blake this year.... while it is the Voice.... it appears to me that its becoming the Performance, as well. My example would be Kimberly who had an impressing Performance (I even said 'wow' to myself at the beginning). I didn't really care for her singing, but I remember the Performance more than anything.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Oh, and I still love Adam .... Loved seeing him in a suit!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
if anyone in So. California wants to attend the Voice spring break concert for free
http://1iota.com/Show/456/The-Voice-Spring-Break-Concert?lb=52653

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Rob, Deanna and Joshua are B3 and singing for the save.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Joshua was saved. Deanna and Rob eliminated.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
Does anybody know what Christina was talking about with Rob? Has there been some bullying?

Trini

07-06-2004

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
thanks for the info

Northstar

09-29-2008

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northstar a private message Print Post    
PJlover, you are not the only one who is less than thrilled with Kimberly. I believe she's talented for sure. She just doesn't have the voice/music I enjoy. My picks this year are Sawyer or India....probably India for the win. She's pretty amazing.

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
Kookliebird-I agree with you. I have felt that Adam was not into it this year either.
I hate that he would give the wrong songs to his team. Deanna would have been really good with singing something from Fisher (Kathy) (youtube)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsBvgAnhr7w

Deanna has that velvet wrapped in glass quality to her voice. I think she has such potential, but Adam was just not pointing her in the right direction. She would have even been good with music from Enya. She sounds better when she sings quieter. I just don't get why Adam didn't see that.
Sawyer is really good, and I like Karyn, too.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think because Adam did not have a strong team, he tried to shake it up more than he needed too. If he just lets Joshua sing what he wants, then, I think Joshua would go a bit further in the competition. But, either Christina or Pharrell are coaching the winner.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I agree w/you, Kookliebird, "if he just lets Joshua sing what he wants, then I think Joshua would go a bit further in the competition." I believe that Blake will loose at least 1 contestant next wk & maybe 2 depending on how everyone does. Meagan is Blake's best shot IMO at this time. I do enjoy watching Hanna even tho I think it's a long shot that she could win. I'm just not at all into the guy on Blake's team & don't see anything "special" at all about him. Christina's remaining 2 are both extremely good even tho I'm not into them either. Pharrell has a really good shot at winning this season - that Sawyer is my fav & Koryn is showing us she's a contender even tho I'm not into her.

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
LOL I meant Deanna has that glass wrapped in velvet quality. oops! :-)

I agree Kookliebird-I think this year will be Christina or Pharell, too. I really love Sawyer. I hope he wins.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Yep, I'm thinking Sawyer has the best chance unless he messes up really bad going forward.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, April 27, 2015 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Haven't watched much tonight but caught Sawyer and he was just great, need I say more. He sang with emotion tonight which I really haven't seen too much of in him. Pharrell gave him great praise and he earned it big time.

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
I don't see how Sawyer can lose the win. He is definitely unique and young enough to just get better and better with experience.

I love Joshua and his sweet soft voice, but I don't think he has what it takes. Not enough diversity in his singing. Same thing to Cory, IMO. Sound the same week after week. Good.....but not great and nothing special.

I am SUPER disappointed in Christina's song choice for India! Somewhere over the Rainbow? Really??? I've never thought Christina was fighting for India as much as she was her beloved Kimberly and this just proved it. That song has been done to death and is not going to get a lot of downloads no matter who sings it. Again....IMO!

Here's the ITunes rankings after last night.

2 - Sawyer
4 - Joshua
12 - Kimberly
22 - Cory
26 - Meghan
29 - India
35 - Koryn
41 - Hannah

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
We didn't get to see the episode here due to basketball playoffs last night. Hopefully, they will replay before tonight's show.