TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 08, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XIV: 2015 top 12 to the end: Archive through April 08, 2015 users admin

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
The fans made the right choice. Time forittle Daniel to go. Hopefully we will see him once he matures.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
What the heck - Ruben is on for a second and back up goes his weight, not that I am any prize, but he was looking really good. and now he gained it back.

First person to top 8 - Nick boring guy.
I see Kelly is looking dressed nicely for practice, I see her accent is stronger than ever before. Maybe be living in Nashville is making it stronger
Nick - singing Catch My breathe. he sings it OK, but no spark from him, I think he just bores me. JLo wants him to find something in his groove. Harry thinks he looks comfortable.

Next up Jax - beautiful disaster - slow and someone else playing piano and a cello. she seems trying to be breathy, but breathy and singing seems to be a contradiction. She seems to be out of breath some times. She can sing but there is something missing, - warmth?

groups song - time to go down to one hour please. I never noticed how much Daniel uses the TV screen, is he the only one who works it so much? maybe that is why he is still here.

third saved Tyanna with kind of faux mohawk. Nice job , but I think it is the song, there are breaths between syllables in the words "a [i]breath[/i] bout" - judges - mixed.

So Ruben sitting with Vonzell, now Candice in the audience, doing a second album.

Joey survives to another day. Miss Independent - bet we hears the D and T's Piano and Cello seem to be the instruments of the night. very jazzy. Not all fake accent, nice.
man all the wires out of her dress back I know she has a singing mike and a talking mike, it looked like she had several other animatronic wires coming out of her. Kind of scarey, wish they didn't show that, now I will have nightmares she is a robot.

I see back up singers, but it sounds like she is singing back up to herself

Quentin sings Dark side. dark, mid tempo. harry thinks he needs more about chords and technical instead of his clothes. I wonder if Byrd is still there?

Qaasim saved - uh oh - ravon and daniel? last?

Qaasim stronger. Mistake, you redid the song and are playing guitar - and proving you can't stay in Key - so very bad - can't even stay in the same wrong key, notes all over the place - are you trying to beat Daniel as the worst? Oh MY! Poor! Ears! Judges trying to be nice, but what can you say. they are suggesting he practice. don't think that will help.

Kelly again. she is live because just blew a note. Not as comfortable singing this song. Guess they should not take back shots - there she is all wired up too. they certainly have a lot of mikes and things on them,. I think this is not Kelly's best, Not sure but seems to be struggling with the notes - I know she is doing a lot of last second saves of a hard song. Ah she was not plugged in!! - you can see what a difference that makes when people can't hear themselves. Quitea handicap to over come.

last safe should be Clark - and it is - he was looking a bit distressed.
Trouble with love is. see, Kelly wants him to look through the camera too. My problem with him is I hear nose when he sings it is like he is singing from the back of his sinuses and this is from someone who does not know any music real terms. Still can't look through the camera. He starts and backs away, Open those eyes!!! people have to yell at him when he is practicing. judges love him.

so idol save will be between Rayvon and Daniel = doesn't matter who goes. Oh great and Daniel has laryngitis too. should be great not.
daniel breakaway.
Rayvon - once again he is trying to hit the highest notes.

way to piss off the west coast and Hawaii!live vote. Good bye Daniel.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 11:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yep. I just don't vote anymore on shows that let the east half of the country make decisions. At least they I guess made the correct one, given who they had to choose from. The judges' save was the worst decision, IMO.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
Clark was my fav last night by far. Still love Jax. Joey growing on me.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yup, I feel very offended that they tout this "live vote," when the whole West Coast is totally excluded. Annoying. At least they got it right. As cute as he is, it was time for Daniel to go home.

Loved almost everyone tonight, except Joey. Just not a fan.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I like Joey a lot but I can see why she doesn't appeal to everyone.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
the west coast had an option of watching the show on-line and voting there - if they were home from work or school.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Not much of an option.. IF you are even home at that time, watch an illegal feed.

Clearly it is bogus to have any kind of "instant" anything on these shows.

Even events that are LIVE on the west coast are often delayed so we see them later, while east coast sees them earlier. Big Brother live show? Only if you watch an illegal feed will you see the eviction in real time.

This show? Happened on the west coast but not available to us .

Sure if west coasters had nothing better to do in the late afternoon than hang on Twitter we might have found out that there was this instant save thing. The show has become irrelevant to me.

Now we do have advantage when stupid sports events bump prime time shows on the east coast and usually we get to see the shows at the appropriate time.

And when the President speaks, again, apparently it is more important to be in prime time for the east coast so we can miss it or be home at the right time and be able to watch non pre empted prime time shows.

Yeah, Joey doesn't appeal to everyone, for sure. She dares to be different, to not be a cookie cutter guy singer.

\rant over, for now

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
One reason these shows do more live voting now is because so many people record, skip commercials and time shift TV shows and they want to encourage live viewing. I understand how people on the West Coast feel left out though but there is no other way for them to do it.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, April 03, 2015 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I still say the "save" was wasted a few wks ago. The "saved" guy IMO has been the worst since. He was definitely the worst this wk & my ears were hurting as well as my eyes (don't like his facial expressions he has while singing). He should go next. I don't have a stand out fav yet among the rest. Some have more control over their voices than others. Some have more stage presence & personality than others. A few have both.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, April 03, 2015 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
but but, he gives goosies to JLO - you know, the judge who doesn't usually hear off-key, I still laugh over her telling one person that being offkey does not usually bother her, but they were really bad - a few weeks ago.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Friday, April 03, 2015 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
The only ones that stand out to me are Joey, Jax and Clark.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, April 03, 2015 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I like those 3 Auntiemike mentioned as well & have since the beginning. However, Clark is one that really needs to work on his personality & stage presence. Joey & Jax are not typical of what you get on AI & that makes me like them a lot. I wouldn't mind these folks making it to F3.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Friday, April 03, 2015 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Quassim was the biggest waste of the save.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, April 03, 2015 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
He sure was.......I'll bet the judges (at least Keith & Harry) are wishing they would have waited. Now, somebody really good could have an off night or just not get the voters on a certain night, & they're gone. In the history of that stupid save, has it ever been used so early?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, April 03, 2015 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
My hubby and I LOVE Qaasim! He might not be the best singer, but he's an entertainer. Always enjoy his performances (except for the stank face, I'll agree on that).

I hate the stupid save and am glad it's gone. I like that America can vote for their favorites and have the vote stand. Glad we're done with it.

They had to bring in the stupid "Live Vote" thing to keep up the suspense.

the west coast had an option of watching the show on-line and voting there - if they were home from work or school.

Why would I want to watch a TV show on a tiny computer screen when I can watch my recording and skip the commercials on our big screen HD TV??? We watch nothing live anymore. We have AI set up to record and start watching about 1/2 hour in, so we can skip the commercials. Still end up around the same time when the show's over.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, April 03, 2015 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Live vote means more people watching live which means more people watching commercials which means more money. Plus the tweets generate buzz. It's that simple.

Aside from their large viewership, it's another reason why sports get so much money for advertising. People tend to watch sports live and therefore watch the commercials.

FWIW, I almost never watch "live" TV. I do the same as Babyjaxmom.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, April 03, 2015 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Tyanna is very good but she is young. A young person should be cute and smile and dress cute, and have a bubbly personality she does none of those things. She's her own person but she needs to " play the game" a little.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
oy - news in the tour world

'American Idol' Exclusive: Only Top 5 to Tour This Summer

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I'll watch only the 2nd hr tonight because Survivor is my show......

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I dvr it and watch survivor and then fast forward with Ai through commercials and judges and guest performers mostly and end up at 9 PM ha ha
lots of commercials and didn't have to watch David Hasselhoff.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
JAX saved first - Poker face - gaga.
Nick singing Teen age dream

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
next Quenton - Latch Sam Smith.
next Joey. Singing Wrecking ball.
Clark Make it rain.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Tyanna sang Stay by Rhianna dedicated to her dead grandma - judges loved it.

Then Rayvon and Qaasinm up for the save
Rayvon sang set fire to the rain by adelle and qaasim is singing Hey Ya by outcast.

and bye bye Qazim

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I loved the show tonight. It was a nice selection of songs. Plus, I thought the right person went home, and I got to see Iggy Azalea. On paper I should just be completely turned off by Iggy's music, but I have grown to really like her. Every time they do a block of an hour of her videos on the music channels, I always record it.