TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 25, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XIV: 2015 top 12 to the end: Archive through March 25, 2015 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Daniel's the weakest of all of them imo, and has been the last few weeks, but little girlies will vote for him.

I think it was fair to save Qasim, because he has a lot of talent and is a "character" in a season that doesn't really have many. I thought Joey's "Mad World" was the stand out, though just a tad too slow. I thought Tyanna was excellent (as always) although the judges were acting like they thought she would go home over it (reverse psychology on the voters maybe?), Quentin was really good too, and a couple of others were good (although I can't remember which now, which is probably a bad sign) but overall it was a weak show.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 11:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Maddie did not have a burst appendix Some one was just looking for followers (votes)

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, March 20, 2015 - 6:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
She did, however, spend several days in the hospital. I guess after what happened to my sister I wouldn't take any stomach issues lightly...

http://tasteofcountry.com/american-idol-scott-borchetta-maddie-walker-appendix-did-not-burst/

Cindylouwho

01-27-2009

Friday, March 20, 2015 - 6:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cindylouwho a private message Print Post    
Had to go to You Tube and watch Adam's Mad World after seeing Joey do it. His was phenomenal. Did, however, like seeing her slow down a bit and stop with the kookiness.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, March 20, 2015 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Adam's Mad World performance is still one of my absolute favorites.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, March 20, 2015 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I disagree that Daniel is the weakest. He is so much more talented than Maddie & maybe some of the others!

I think Maddie is the weakest & I'm no fan of either of the "Q" guys but they have more talent than she does.

IMO, Chris, Nick, & Joey were the best last night. Chris just has NO personality!

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, March 20, 2015 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
See - Clark just doesn't have the "it" factor w/me so I've renamed him I guess (Chris). LOL

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, March 20, 2015 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Some of them are average at best. Darn AI starts out so promising and then so many disappoint. Still liking Jax and Joey though.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 20, 2015 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think Daniel is so adorable that just his cuteness will get him through a couple more weeks at least. I actually enjoy watching him.

I thought the save was wasted this week.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, March 20, 2015 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I don't think that anybody thinks Daniel isn't talented...but he doesn't have the experience and polish that he needs for this stage of the competition. It would have been kinder for the judges to put him off 1-2 years and allow him to get more stage experience under his belt and then I think he would have been amazing.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Friday, March 20, 2015 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
This is the worst season ever!

I can't believe they wasted the save on Quasim-he can't even sing in key.

Most of them are average at best.
Clark and Rayvon are good compared to the rest-In another season they would be just OK

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, March 20, 2015 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Not seeing the talent this season as in other seasons either. But, the last several seasons of this show hasn't been that impressive to me. I think shows like "The Voice" have hurt the contestant pool of AI.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, March 20, 2015 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I saw where Adanna was on both? Don't know how common that is. I have never watched The Voice and don't plan to.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 20, 2015 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just have to say to go watch the top 12 ep for all the seasons. Maybe they are on youtube. I have them on files on my computers.

I think everyone forgets! Every top 12 every season seems like a bunch kids singing in their garage. They are pretty bad with the exception of a couple.

The cool thing about American Idol is starting with raw talent, and ending up with one or two stars. And sometimes even those 1 or 2 stars were bad bad bad at first.

When I watch The Voice, I see they start with mostly polished performers right from the beginning. They don't have much space to go up. They are already there.

And look at the stats. American Idol has made more superstars than any singing show.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 20, 2015 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
After I posted I tried to think of any star to come from The Voice. And I can't think of even one.

Spoton

09-16-2005

Friday, March 20, 2015 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
Naja, I totally believe what you said. I don't have a great memory for all the past seasons, but I know there were many who never rose to the task. I'd love to see the last few episodes of season one. Kelly was very good, but I still remember a few from the final group and they were, er, not so good. I think the judges are doing a better job of selecting the singers while trying to keep some variety in the mix. This group really shows that. I think that at least 3 or 4 of them have a chance to be successful in the business.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree. I enjoy parts of The Voice but the show has produced no successful acts. It seems futile at this point.

I like how they build the talent on AI. However, I think they need to pick more unique performers.

Bidasea

08-04-2005

Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bidasea a private message Print Post    
I don't think a few of these singers (Daniel) would have had a chair turn around on the Voice. It's his sweet face and personality that got him chosen. JLo was hooked from the beginning because he is cute and talented..But on the voice they can only use hearing to choose a contestant.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think The Voice is more about the stars on the show than the singers. And the sad thing is they have some truly talented singers.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And at least some of them have gotten contracts due to knowing those stars, too. It isn't all bad.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I thought Qaasim totally deserved to get saved this week. He is a total performer. He might not be the best singer, but he is very entaining.

I absolutely agree with you, Naja. Half the fun of this show is watching how the contestants grow throughout the season. Kelly Clarkson wasn't all that, until about halfway through the season when she suddenly came into her own.
Some of them grow, some of them fall apart.

I'm glad we're done with the stupid save and now we can just let America decide. No more fake drama, "Will the judges use the save?" I'm surprised they used it so early in the season, but I'm glad it's done.

And Daniel is still adorable, he just seems terrified. Still not a Joey fan either.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I like her but she needs to work on her appearance and she has. Her hair was really oily during try outs but she seems to have fixed that but her teeth are so yellow they are distracting. Maybe it's the lipstick or odd hair coloring that brings out the yellow.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Is this tonight? If so, I'll miss the 1st hr due to Survivor.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yep it's tonight. Too much on TV on Wednesday.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
flipped over @ commercial & little Daniel is singing (Yes!) That means he is safe for another wk.