TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 13, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XIV: 2015 top 12 to the end: Archive through March 13, 2015 users admin

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Well, I could say they almost made the right choices on the final 12, they really needed to leave that little boy behind, he has way too little experience, his singing leaves me cold.
On the positive side, he was not off key the entire song today as he was last week.
But Alexis, Mark, Adam and Loren Lott was left behind. I would trade anyone to replace Daniel. Well, maybe not Alexis, she was actually worse last week.

The whole you voted in 10 and the judges picked the last two made me wonder how they came up with that idea. Maybe to keep people like Alexis getting voted through.
But what is tomorrow about? the show will be live and 2 hours and will have the top 12 sng. Now if they are going to be against the BBT every week, expect ratings to drop lower. They are at the lowest ever already.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
BBT??

I was happy to have Jax, Joey, Tyanna and Qaasim go through and maybe Quentin.

But I'm not overwhelmed in general.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm a bit disappointed as well. They seem to have so many that show so much promise at first and then it seems to go off the rails. LOL - I think they mess with them too much and they lose their individual appeal.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
They have to have somebody to eliminate. That's the thing I enjoy about this show: some of them grow and get better through the course of the season; others seem to fall apart and kind of give up. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Sadiesmom, how can you hate on little Daniel? He's so adorable! With the right management and grooming, he could be a big star. He's incredibly talented, although I'll admit he wasn't so good last night. I think the nerves of finding out you made it to the top 12 and then having to sing right away played on all of them.

We're happy with most of the choices. They left some talent on the bench last night, but they could only pick 12 sadly.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
I think I am too old for AI anymore. They left all my favorites on the bench the last two eliminations. Some of them I just don't get the appeal. As with the last two years, I am sure it will not hold my interest all the way through. I am sad, I really gave it a try this year!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Little Daniel is adorable but a little time and work might make him a better singer and he is competing against some much more unique singers, quirky singers and so much more dynamic singers..

But he stands out more than several who went through to great acclaim who just don't rock my socks at all..

Having them reprise their audition songs was such a double edged sword.. what was great when singing for the judges during auditions in some cases wasn't the right song for a live show on stage with viewers voting.. in other cases it was pretty wonderful.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I agree, Sea. Some of them were great, some not so much. I love Quentin and Quaseem (not sure of the spelling?). Quentin seems like he escaped from the 70s; reminds me of Jimi Hendrix.

I'm pretty happy with most of them. The so-so ones will hopefully get weeded out as the weeks go by. Don't remember which girl it was (think it was one of the first ones), but she was singing in her own key, totally oblivious to the background music. That's just bad. I don't care how good a singer you are. You've got to sing in tune!

Mods, when you can get to it, I'd really appreciate a banner. I can't remember any of their names without it!

Lorie

08-29-2003

Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lorie a private message Print Post    
I missed it last night. Did Clark Beckham make it through?

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I have no idea who Clark Beckham is because I rely heavily on banners. Perhaps now that it's been whittled down to 12 we can anticipate one for the old folk like me who have a bad memory?? Please and thank you!

Lorie

08-29-2003

Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lorie a private message Print Post    
He's singing now and he's my favorite to win!!!!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'll put one together as soon as I get the chance (hopefully tomorrow). :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought tonight was fantastic! It was the first time in awhile that I knew every song.

Right now I am liking Jax and Joey, and even Daniel.

Tyanna is great, but she reminds me of that girl from AHS, and should be a Disney girl. I can't remember her name.

I just want to add that I think the chair changing colors is a little silly....LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Sarina-Joi was lowest vote getter and will have to sing for her life after Nick is done singing.

Will the judges use their one and only save on Sarina-Joi? Stay tuned.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The judges did not use their save on Sarina-Joi.

Sarina-Joi is going home.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Sadiesmom, starting march 25, AI will be solely aired on Wednesdays. Next week it's on Thursday because of the 2 hour "Empire" season finale on Wednesday. And AI won't be up against BBT next week because CBS will be airing basketball playoffs.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
ah, how confusing. thanks. this show is beoming the red headed step son, heh,. their ratings should improve,I think they have a better show, I feel badly that the people have to wait on stage to find out if they are singing - that is one more stress that will interfere with their singing and hurt their performances - there is some irony in their electrifying the chairs though, kind of like a public electrocution.

Daniel can have a wonderful future, but they took him too young on this show - he is mostly off key and he has zero connections with the songs. I have to mute him a lot of the time and I don't have the best ear - my question is how can you not hear how out of tune and key he is so often. he was better today but went off the rails again. I don't vote cute, I prefer that someone that can sing with this. I know he will get bad reviews and I feel sad for him, he will be mocked in the media, and if they waited 2 years he could have been so much better and probably even cuter.

Part of growth is better song choice and more stage presence, but it is hard if you start off standing in a hole.

unlike others I hardly knew a lot of these songs,

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Not surprised they did not use the save the first time. A little sorry for the girl. She's tried so many times.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Am I the only one that IS NOT enthralled with Daniel?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, March 13, 2015 - 12:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think calling people for singing and trying to build suspense is making it hard for then to set up the acts to build - they used to have a good opener and then the ones they did not want and then they would have the last few being the best. Now it has to be like who is the most suspenseful if they are eliminated last. - it is just me that finds this a little odd and off putting? Ideally there would be a 15 minute show on a different day to get this elimination over with. I don't think people disliked he 1/2 hour results show, I think it was the 1 hour torture show filled with people trying to sell their music or concerts who did not care about the contestants that was tedious.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, March 13, 2015 - 6:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
BBT - Big Brain Theory?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, March 13, 2015 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I didn't hear everyone, but of who I heard, I thought Nick was the best. The rest were just meh.... like they were trying too hard.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 13, 2015 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am hating the time in to whatever show is obviously on their network, that I don watch, don't recognize the people.. at least I can FF.

NO idea who Nick is. Happy with Jax and Joey, couple others.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, March 13, 2015 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think the show is much better this year without the usually cringe-inducing group sing and all the fake suspense of going to sit on the other side of the stage. It seems to be a lot tighter and moves along better. I actually like the chairs that light up. I think it's brilliant.

Sirina-Joi was just terrible both nights. She's the one who started off in the wrong key on Weds night and stuck with it, despite what the musicians were playing. Ugh. And last night was nearly as bad. Sorry she had to go, but she was definitely the worst.

I like almost everyone left. Except for Joey. I can see that she's very talented, but I just don't like her, with her crayola-colored hair and her goofy faces. Just not my cup of tea.

I want Quentin to take me shopping!

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Friday, March 13, 2015 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
Clark is my favorite! and Jax. Daniel is adorable and very musically talented for his age but his singing is not that great. The Q's are not my favorite but I enjoy watching them. The one girl with the really long legs (and wears skimpyish outfits) is growing on me.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, March 13, 2015 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I may have the name wrong. Whatever guy sang last, I thought was the best that I heard.

Daniel used to sing on the streets in Portland. The local media is following him closely.