TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Battle Rounds

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: The Voice - Season 8: Battle Rounds users admin

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
Hope it's ok that I started a new thread. The battle rounds started the second half of last nights show and will continue tonight.

As far as the battle rounds go, I've never understood why they have 2 of their best singers battle each other (like Pharrell putting Caitlin and Ashley together). All the coaches have a few on their teams that really don't measure up to some of the others. I would pit my best against someone I really wouldn't mind getting rid of so I wouldn't have to worry about having to make a choice like that.

I was rather surprised Blake picked Brain as well. I liked Joshua better. Only thing I can think is it's a age thing.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Do we know who is battling tonight?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks for starting the new thread, Pjlover. :-)

I don't know who is up tonight but I've never understood this process as well. Putting two exceptional people up against each other doesn't make sense to me. There is also a question of whether a particular song choice favours one of the competitors.

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
No idea Roteach. I think it's usually just sort of random, but we should see some from each team.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
The two girls from team Christina didn't impress me. Don't see either of them going very far.

This show is losing my interest because we never hear from the winner once it's over and it seems to do nothing to start a career for someone.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Well, I see that Nathan made it through the battle rounds. I wish they had shown all the battles. People who have vested interest in singers would like to see the mentoring and the battle I think. At least I would. Do they ever show the battles of those singers who were not featured on the show on their site or on YouTube?

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Sara Potenza reminds me of Dame Edna.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
WOO HOO! I was so happy Blake kept Cody Wickline! Besides his singing, he is the sweetest and most handsome guy this season in my eyes.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 10:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I thought that was a good choice, too.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
After watching, I think Cody will win the whole thing... he's got the looks to pull in the young girls and sings country like a seasoned pro.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Sara can sing, but I don't see her winning this.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
this is the part of the show I have trouble watching, I just feel some people are set up to lose - like one person in their comfort zone and the other not and them both judged on how comfortable they are.

Caln8tiv

09-14-2005

Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Caln8tiv a private message Print Post    
I agree Sadiesmom. This is the part I don't like. Like you I feel that the song choice is a detriment to one, while it can appear to be right in the other person's wheelhouse. Overall the show is great, but the Battle Rounds are harsh.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, March 23, 2015 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Are they not finished w/the battle rounds? I thought they were into the knock out round now. Anyway, I'll be watching in just a bit so I'll find out.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: