TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 27, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XIV: Top 24/16 in Detroit; Viewer Voting: Archive through February 27, 2015 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 20, 2015 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Just thought we could use a new thread here.. If a thread per show or week is useful, start one, of course.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
LOL.. well I guess we don't need a new thread.. just keep considering it pre-show.. I'll give this thread a bit more time and delete if not needed.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Hey I'm happy with this thread. They haven't had the show yet.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Is it too soon for a banner?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I've been thinking about it and I'll see if I can get one done in time but I may end up doing it after they eliminate more people this week.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ok, we'll see ;)

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Going to watch on DVR because Amazing Race and Survivor take first billing for me. Looks like a good group this year

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
^^^Me, too.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
So far I like it, they are forced to move fast because have to get all singers in in 1 hour - they comments are quick, more like when it was a better show, I think the stretching got to me, all the fluff and filler.

First guy came out on fire, don't know if he was that good but he was a force to be reckoned with. Second guy came out in hushed voice and whispered singing - Harry told him it is distracting when off key, heh, Next one upbeat song, then folk song, all complemented.
5th guy, ha people bopping, but I find him not so enjoyable

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
top 24 too many for a banner.
When a man loved a woman, I have heard better. But he is selling it and holding the notes. they don't have too long to sell it, maybe 60 seconds of a song. hah, Jennifer has hard time to get said fast. heh, Harry can't wait to critique him n the future - guess they want him to stay. Enough wth the goosies Jennifer.

someone singing I'm jealous, hit s a lot of falsetto. they still pack up by the stage with standees - wish that would stop. give them a chair.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks Sadiesmom. I'll be watching later but I appreciate the commentary. :-)

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
the above guy was fine, judges loved him, then the 15 year old sang with a uke - a very tricky lyric which he enunciated perfectly - a nice bopping song, age appropriate.

Followed by Keith Urban 2.0 and a guy singing slowly I put a spell on you, I kept waiting for him to start - I think he said I put a spell on you 3 times. I think he won't make it.

Folk singie guy impressed the judges - heck they love everyone except the second guy.

I missed one guy, silly dog. had to crawl under the house to get ht e dog tangled up there.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
The show was not live - it was taped - that's how they were able to fit everything into an hour. The taping allows them to heavily edit the proceedings, especially the comments by the judges.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
for the last few years only the top what ever have been live - they have been filming the early eliminations for years - personally, I liked that it moved along, I hate long judges have a good time parts of the show.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Oh, I disagree about the 15 year old and the song. Although the music is catchy the words are about a relationship and that kid is barely old enough...does he even shave...LOL! At any rate I thought he really wasn't very good on that song - perhaps his nerves got to him? No matter, he undoubtedly will stay.

The guy with the falsetto was that guy who wears the hat - he's name starts with a T (Trayyon or something?). His voice was great but he sang the entire song with a huge smile on his face which was not appropriate for the lyrics, even so much that the judges commented on it.

I thought the guy with the nerd glasses wasn't very good either, but he probably will also stay because of the cute factor.

Liked the first guy, liked the guy from New Orleans who dresses rather strange but sang the heck out of "You Put a Spell on Me." I hope he stays because he is the most interesting one in the bunch.

Keith Urban 2.0 plays a great guitar but is vocals are lacking.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
OK, the girls
Lovie did not impress me, what can I say, she marches well.
Adanna not fond of her song, almost more talking than singing in the beginning. No idea what she is singing.I think she can sing but don't like the song. Harry really liked it.

Cowgirl Alexis singing something with a lot of words. got in a good yeah at the end. they loved her
Joey sings a Keith Urban song in her own squeeze box way and wins over the judges.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Kathrine - again such a quiet beginning. will it break out like the others? nope, quiet ballad through out. a little simple

Shannon - my sound must be off, it sounds so blah - she is emoting, but I don't hear it in her voice - I need to hook up my speakers again. harry calls her green, she needs to be more involved with the lyrics, less green - she sang a Pink song.

Loren the actress - sang an anthem I wish I recognized more music. powerful, they like her

Shi is singing Umbrella - I recognize it, don't particularly like it, but the judges will probably love it, she is singing more than the others that talked a lot fo songs.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I have really liked how fast the show is moving along. Just goes to show you 2 hours is definitely not needed.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
country Maddie - gone and done it? very country style. very grand ole Oprey. Keith thinks she picked the wrong song, but liked her voice.
Sarina Jo - "momma knows best" just realized they post the titles in the lower corner - duh. Very strong performance took over the stage. bet she goes on - they are supposed to lose 4 girls and boys this week. no her. judges thought she was perfect.
Jax, "bang bang" the slow version. picks up judges loved her.
Tyanna "lips are movin" Oh, she is in, no timid voice whispering here. that swhy they have the end spots.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 11:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The only one I felt good enough to vote for on ladies night was Katherine.

I was looking forward to Shannon, but I felt she totally choked. She wasn't very good tonight.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, February 27, 2015 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I thought Shannon choked too...and then I quit watching. I thought the girls that I did watch were not as strong as the guys.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, February 27, 2015 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the recap.

I really like Joey but I think she is probably too weird (and I mean that in a good way) to win.

Some of the others were good.

I loved the way they moved the show along. I didn't fast-forward at all. :-)

Granjan

05-10-2011

Friday, February 27, 2015 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Tyanna has the best voice of all the girls. Surely she will go far.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, February 27, 2015 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I thought the boys were much better than the girls this week. Girls better pick it up next week. So sad that so many of them are going home. I guess they're probably sending home 4 girls and 4 boys, since Ryan said they're going from 24 to 16 next week.

I agree with you, Jimmer, about Joey. She's just a little too out there and the accordian added nothing to her performance. She giggled through the whole song.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, February 27, 2015 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I didn't get the giggling either, and I do like her. Also agree the boys outdid the girls. Thought Tyanna did the best of the girls. She made me think of Meghan Trainor (All about that Bass).