TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Is this the last Idol tour?

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XIII: Is this the last Idol tour? users admin

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, June 27, 2014 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
This is the only Idol tour without a live ban!

there are only 23 shows and hey are being cancelled already. The venues are smaller and still some venues are being set to smaller places. With all the theaters and concert halls in NJ, the tour is only playing at Monmouth university? 4K seats, but will probably not fill it.

I am not going, I guess I have fallen into the how bad will it get instead of a fan of the acts.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, June 27, 2014 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Are the contestants just not as good anymore or have people just lost their enthusiasm regardless?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, June 27, 2014 - 10:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think the show has lost it's way. If you watch, the judges are the center of the show - it worked so well for other singing shows - but that was not what built Idol.
When the contestants sing, about have the visual is of the judges dancing in their seats,not paying attention or talking. the show is too long for the amount of singing, so people turn the channel off and on and the relationships are not formed as well. The interviews of the contestants are so scripted now, it just builds another wall.

But to have a show without at least a 4 piece band is bad, very bad.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, June 28, 2014 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Especially when they expect people to pay money to see it. That would be pathetic.

I think your post pretty much summed up the franchise's problems. Fan apathy augmented by everything else you mentioned. It's a shame.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, August 02, 2014 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I have no idea where to post this, but I am now reading that Michael Johns died yesterday. He died from a blood clot emanating from a minor ankle injury.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, August 02, 2014 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That is very sad news. I have to confess that I looked him up because I didn't remember him at first but now I definitely remember him.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, August 02, 2014 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
He got such a raw deal when he was eliminated. David Cook had a really bad night and terrible reviews from the judges. Cook and Johns shared the same fan base - women over 30. I think the fans freaked out and voted to save Cook, even though Johns had a great night. It was one of the few "shockers" I remember back when I used to watch Idol.

But Johns was a perfect example of why it is best to not win Idol. He had a very successful career and worked with David Foster.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, August 03, 2014 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I read this too. I remember him as being so talented.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, August 14, 2014 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
we should rename this thread to general AI talk.
Josh Gracin posted what looked like a suicide note on facebook. Apparently marital problems. The post has been taken down, the police rushed to his house ad he was not there, but they reached him by phone and he came home. His manager has taken over his twitter and facebook account and says he is fine, but needs time and asks people to not bother the family.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Sunday, August 17, 2014 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
How sad about Michael and Josh! I'm glad Josh is said to be doing fine and hope he can continue to do so.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, August 17, 2014 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Sad as well. I hope he is doing better. I didn't particularly enjoy his performances but I remember that he seemed like a very nice guy.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: