TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 24, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XIII: 4/23 - Top 6 Week (Singing & Results): Archive through April 24, 2014 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 10:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The theme for this week is "A Little Bit Country, A Little Bit Rock & Roll".

Each contestant will sing two songs. One country, one rock&roll.

The whole theme this week is practically synonymous with Donny and Marie. Do you think they might pay the AI kids a little visit?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 6:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That was my first thought. My wife is a Donny fan (and I enjoyed him as Joseph as well). Marie - not so much.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Holy moly, Jena is singing Heart's "Barracuda" like it was made for her. Wow.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh I bet it is great, Naja!! Love Heart and she could certainly pull it off.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Sam is singing a song called "It's Time" by Imagine Dragons. I have never heard it before, and his version really doesn't sound rockish to me. The judges liked it.

Sam just turned 18 so now he doesn't need a parent or guardian with him every minute of his AI experience. I bet he will love that! LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
CJ is singing "American Woman". It sounds ok, but he is doing that thing where he sings some of it in different notes than the original. I just don't like that.

The judges were lukewarm on it. Liked, not loved.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Alex is singing Neon Trees' "Animal".
He's doing so well! I am loving this. Let's see if the judges agree.

Again, they were lukewarm. But Harry was happy he finally sang an upbeat song.

Now for Caleb.
Caleb is singing Black Crowes' "Sting Me". Now this is an actual rock song. He sounds great as expected. He's so at home with this song.

The judges are falling over themselves with their praise.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Jessica is singing Jefferson Airplane's "Somebody to Love".
I like it, but I can see where maybe the judges will say it was a little flat. We'll see.

Whoa, Harry loved it. Keith thinks she needs to connect more, as does Jennifer.

On to the country music half of the night.

Sam is singing "You're Still the One" by Shania Twain. Awwww, he sounds so sweet! I'm diggin' Sam for a change. All those teenage girls in the audience are in love.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN now I am laughing so hard at all the judges taking selfies with
special guest Grumpy Cat! LMAO!

Caleb's country song is "Undo It" by Carrie Underwood.

Today is Caleb's 23rd birthday.

It seems ok, but some parts sound a little odd to me. I don't think this is one of his better performances.

The judges thought he did great, but his first performance was so great that this didn't quite meet the greatness of his first performance.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Alex is singing Willie Nelson's "Always on My Mind".

It sound very nice to me. Not too exciting though.

The judges really liked it. Keith wanted to feel more heartbreak in it. Jeniffer used the word "beautiful" a lot.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
"Undo it" is one of the few songs by Carrie that I can't stand. It's not really very country, whatever country is right now. :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Jena is also singing a Carrie Underwood song "So Small".

She really sounds fantastic(!), but then again she is my fav on the show this year.

Keith and Jennifer loved it. Harry got booed for not liking it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
CJ is singing Zac Brown Band's "Whatever It Is".

Oh no, not so good. :-(

None of the judges were complimentary. I bet this is CJ's last show.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
And the pimp spot goes to....

Jessica is singing Dolly's "Jolene".

I can tell you right now after the first line that she's not doing it right. I love that song, and this sounds off. We'll see what the judges say.

Hmmm, Harry liked it. Jennifer liked it. Keith didn't like it at all.

On a side note, Jena and Caleb have been winning the prelim voting checks that Ryan shows.

And Grumpy Cat is back again on stage, Randy is holding him...LOL

ok, all done.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I hope grumpy cat wasn't deafened!

It sounds like the judges have realised it's time for CJ to go, before now it's always sounded like Jennifer was desperate for him to stay.

Thanks for spoiling, Naja!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Caleb's my fav,then Alex. I guess Jena is good,but she has not sang one song that either I liked or was familiar with this whole season/ so it's hard to say. What ever happened to theme night that us older viewers can appreciate. AI use to have Motown night or old time classic Standards nights. I don't think the group this year is talented enough to pull it off. Of course I'm out of that 18/49 yr old age group they target. Really disappointed in this season.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, I almost commented earlier how it was nice to hear some songs tonight from the 60s and 70s. Did you watch yet?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Yes, I appreciated both of Jessica's songs and the Willie Nelson song Alex sang.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Just out of curiosity, I went and checked the release years of tonight's songs.

Barracuda 1977
It's Time 2011
American Woman 1970
Animal 2011
Sting Me 1992
Somebody to Love 1967
You're Still the One 1998
Undo It 2010
Always on My Mind 1982
So Small 2007
Whatever It Is 2008
Jolene 1973

I thought it was a nice mix of older and newer tonight.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I'm on the west coast so watching now. BTW, I like being spoiled before I watch it. I enjoyed Sam's performance, not so much CJ.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Caleb didn't sound too country, and Sam didn't sound too rock and roll!

I wonder if Caleb's slipping in votes these last few days. He's very good at what he does, but it is getting a bit samey. It wouldn't surprise me if he's a shock elimination.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 10:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Just saw the end with the "early votes" thing... Jena first, Caleb second, guess I was wrong about people being bored of Caleb! Alex was bottom, I'd hate to see him go.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 5:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
It is CJ's turn to go.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
It's way past his turn to go.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
didn't hear the Rock round (watching Survivor). CJ was by far the worst in the Country round. He was out of tune nearly the whole song & it was hard to listen to him. It is way past his turn to go............