TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Audition Shows

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XIII: Audition Shows users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through January 17, 2014Mamapors25 01-17-14  9:57 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, January 17, 2014 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I thought Nikki's son was cute too but I also agreed that he wasn't really that great. Why are they in such a rush to get them on the show? Is there that little talent or do you feel that the producers are pushing them to get younger and younger contestants on? In my opinion I think it would be much better for them to tell them to go home and practice for a year and come back next time...or perhaps they are afraid there won't be a next time if the ratings don't improve?

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Friday, January 17, 2014 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I did not watch much last season and just decided to check it out for Harry. I have to say it seemed so positive! Some I agreed with, others, I did not.

Looks like it may be a little more family friendly this season. I like that.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Friday, January 17, 2014 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I don't miss Nikki Minaj, that's for sure! I love the fact that the judges are actually trying to "judge" and not attack personalities of the other judges. So refreshing.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, January 17, 2014 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I like it that it is about the contestants, not about the judges. Of course the judges are laughing and carrying on, but to me they aren't deliberately trying to make the show all about themselves but instead about the talent. And isn't that what it is supposed to be about anyway?

Granjan

05-10-2011

Friday, January 17, 2014 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
It's just my opinion, but I think many, many of the ones the judges put through were not good enough at all.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
But the fact is they have to put through a fairly large number of people to Hollywood. I think during the audition process they pretty much know which ones will get through to the competition and which ones don't - although there may be a few surprises.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 11:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Really loving the judges. They make this fun to watch.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 12:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They were fun to watch tonight.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
From what I understand, they have slots to fill for characters or roles. If you are good but too much like another in looks or sound, they will turn you away, in the past they have turned away good sounding guys if they wanted a girl to win and vice versa. Don't know if they are doing that this year, they seem to have lots of guitar players this year for sure.

i do wish they had not put the girl through with the fake accent, but they may need a villain.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I just have to say that I am in love with the judges this year! Harry and Keith, oooooo lala!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Harry is awesome! He can be direct with the contestants without being hurtful. I liked the interviews that were done on the side with Jennifer and Keith talking about the process and how you select an American Idol. Specifically, Keith saying that many of the singers have never had constructive criticism regarding their singing. They've only had praise from family and such. Using the "No" and growing as a singer/performer is the only way they can really grow.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
That Harry Connick is a laugh riot! Even if the rest of the shows turn out to be hiddy, the fact that he'll be around to lend comic relief will be reason enough to tune in.

I peed my pants when he razzed Lopez during the conversation with the contestant whose father works at Delta Airlines, (paraphrasing): "We all don't fly private, Jennifer, and when I'm not riding the Greyhound, once in a while I get to fly Coach..." Love, love, love that Harry!

Panda

07-15-2005

Friday, January 31, 2014 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
That was funny Uncle_ricky.

I keep forgetting to watch the Thursday show!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, January 31, 2014 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Hollywood week next week! Seems faster than in the past. Still really enjoying the show!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: