TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 11, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: The Voice - Season 4: The Live Playoffs: Archive through June 11, 2013 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Bye bye Holly.... I think the Swan brothers have some staying power. One is cute and the other can sing.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
who is next,Kookliebird?

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Love, love the Swon Bros.
Their song choices have been great. I'm glad Sasha Allen did a more modern, hip song last night. She has a fantastic voice but was sounding a bit old school. I'm guessing a Danielle win.

Bonzacat

07-08-2003

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonzacat a private message Print Post    
Beth -- Carson said tonight that the Blake/Usher duet of "Home" from the OK fundraiser is indeed available on iTunes. Proceeds continue to go to the relief effort.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Well, if I was chosing, it would be the Swan Brothers. But, I think they probably have a contingent voting for them. I'd have to see the performances next week, but I think Amber or Sasha probably will be next.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Wednesday, June 05, 2013 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Even though she wasn't one of my picks, I felt so sorry for Holly last night. :-(

Those Swon Brothers are adorable, and very fun to watch... I think. :-)

I missed Sasha's performance Monday night, but caught it later on video. I believe that was my favorite performance from her.

I absolutely loved Amber's rendition of "I Remember You" by Skid Row. I thought it was just brilliant of Adam to choose that song for her. While I, personally, still prefer Sebastian Bach singing it the most, I really enjoyed Amber's version a lot. It never occurred to me that the song could so easily be a country song, too. :-)

Cpaaa04

06-14-2011

Wednesday, June 05, 2013 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cpaaa04 a private message Print Post    
At this point, I'm guessing a Danielle/Michelle final 2 - with Michelle winning. She has really made a name for herself with Usher's help.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Wednesday, June 05, 2013 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
I just don't see the Michelle star quality. Quirk can work ala Lady Gaga, but Michelle is too timid for that kind of career. I thought Sasha dominated their duet. I am thinking Usher fans are rallying around her and pushing her through. He has been a brilliant advocate for Michelle. W/o his influence, though, I don't think she would have gone as far. Whereas, I can see some of the others' star quality w/o the 'association' of their judges.

Jewels

09-22-2000

Wednesday, June 05, 2013 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jewels a private message Print Post    
I look at Michelle as an Avril Lavigne. I think she's awesome, she doesn't sing pop, she's an indy/alternative singer. I don't think Sasha dominated, I think Sasha just has a more powerful voice. Michelle is amazing too.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Friday, June 07, 2013 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
Shakira is a genius.

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-news/shakira-genius-literally-230321038.html?vp=1

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 07, 2013 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sasha is unexciting to me.. Michelle, I like.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Saturday, June 08, 2013 - 1:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
Some interesting information about the duet w/Miranda Lambert that Blake Shelton recently opened the results show with:

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-news/blake-shelton-planning-oklahoma-benefit-concert-other-celebs-175030911.html

Wed, May 22, 2013
"The Voice" judge opened Tuesday night's show by performing an acoustic version of "Over You" alongside wife Miranda Lambert while donation information for The Red Cross was presented on screen. The couple originally co-wrote the song in honor of Blake’s older brother, who passed away when he was a teenager.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think that Sasha and Amber will go home. However, I would like Sasha and the Swon Brothers to actually go.

I have Maroon 5's latest CD and never noticed the song "Sad" on it until after Amber sang it last night. This morning, I really listened to it and think it's a really good song. However, it is a risk to sing a song that no one knows. That's why I think Amber will be going home.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Thinking back to last night's performances, the only ones that I remember are the Swon Brothers (really good last night, especially the Loggins/Messina song), Michelle (2nd performance) and Amber (2nd performance). I remember Sasha's (for all the wrong reasons... Disco?? Really??) Danielle is always consistent, but I find her kind of boring and never remember what she sang... disclaimer... I don't particularly like country music. So, that's part of the problem.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
I agree...don't know why Adam choose that song for Amber. The other 3 judges made excellent song choices for their artists.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
From the performances last night, I think Michelle had the weakest. Sorry, I know everyone loves her here. I love her but she just, to me, doesn't have that star quality.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
To be honest, none of the contestants really wow me anymore. Judith had that capability in her performances, but the rest are "just pleasant to listen to" while I do other things when the show is on. I really don't see any of them as 'stars'. I like to listen to the banter of the coaches more than anything.

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
I am hoping Danielle and Sasha go through to the final round. I know they are at the extreme spectrums, but I enjoy both of them and can see the star quality in their voices and performances.

Jewels

09-22-2000

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jewels a private message Print Post    
My problem with Sasha is that she has already had a level of success. Heck, according to her Wiki page, she has performed with Usher, among others. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sasha_Allen

I would love to see The Swon Brothers and Michelle in the final. :-)

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
LongBeach, I said those exact words to a friend just about 45 minutes ago. Michelle has no star quality. Thank you for making me feel like I'm not alone.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I have to agree with Kookliebird. It has been a long time since a contestant on one of these singing shows has truly wowed me. However, the difference between this show and AI is that on this show the judges are friendly, intelligent, entertaining and articulate. But it's still not a good thing when you're watching the judges more than the contestants.

I do think that Michelle at least has a unique quirkiness to her that may allow her to develop further as a star. The others are pretty generic.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
FYI - if anyone wants to attend the Voice and are in California - the tickets are available through 1Iota.com. If you are willing to attend the Pilot of a reality celebrity program Sing Your face Off - they are offering guaranteed tickets to the Voice finale.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
I agree....I watch the show to hear what the judges say. These four are all true successful artists that know what they are talking about.

Thanks Gurliegirl for speaking up. I thought I was the only one. Michelle is the sweetest spirit ever, but she is too shy/meek to convey her artistic energy. Are there any singers out there like Michelle? I can't think of any. She reminds of the folk singers of yesterday...soft spoken and ethereal. In a quiet, reflective setting like a coffee house, she probably could be effective. But, in the arenas of today, she will be swallowed up.

Thanks, Sadiesmom, for the heads up. That would be fun to attend the finale. If anybody from CA wants to go, let's GO!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Apparently, the Swon Brothers and Danielle are topping the list for Itunes from last night's show. So, both of them are probably staying tonight.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
I wonder if being the only boys left helps the Swon Brothers? I would say yes.