TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 18, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XII: 5/15 - Finale (Singing & Results): Archive through May 18, 2013 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 10:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Gosh, I ff through

All numbers with Lazaro (meaning all the guys and all their "funny clips", J Lo, all guest except Jennifer Hudson with Candice.. screamfest.. Aretha, Angie's performances, skipped the long basically car commercial.

Saw a car awarded to Candice's grandma?? and some guy by Kree.

and while I wouldn't want to see Nicki perform it really didn't seem fair, considering that everyone else performed.

And was not surprised at the winner but wow the losers were up there looking for cameratime with her..

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Friday, May 17, 2013 - 6:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I skipped through a major portion of the show also but my favorite performances were Janelle with the Band Perry - she looked just like a real member of that band, sounded great! and Angie with Adam Lambert - their voices blended so beautifully together. Worst . . Mariah's bad lip sync. I thought Candace and Jennifer Hudson were going to be a good pair but it was too much screaming on JH part.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Friday, May 17, 2013 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
my favorite was watching Kieth Urban!! OMG! Nicole is one lucky woman!

I am so happy that Candice won! IMO, she sounded better than Jennifer and I really like Jennifer.

I love Mariah's voice, even if she wasn't singing live. She is a diva but she owns it.

My favorite song right now is Robin Thicke's Blurred Lines, lol, has nothing to do with AI, just wanted to throw that out there.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, May 17, 2013 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I read that Philip Phillips was supposed to perform Gone, Gone, Gone on the show last night, but he had to cancel due to health reasons. He's had a recurrance of the same kidney issues that he had last year and had to cancel appearances/concerts. But, he's still saying that he will be on the John Mayer tour coming up this summer.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, May 17, 2013 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I wondered why Jennifer Hudson was singing like that, I thought maybe to give more of a contrast between her voice and Candice's. It really didn't sound too pleasant.

In contrast Adam Lambert's falsetto with Angie seemed to work really well. Amazing Jesse J asked her to come to London with her! (Come to London or make a youtube video... errr... London of course!)

I just loved Candice's tearful singing at the end, she was so proud and happy!

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, May 17, 2013 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I thought the Jennifer Hudson and Candice duet was terrible. I am not a fan of Adam, but I really liked his and Angie's duet. I have no idea who Jessie J is or the lady in the blue skirt. I left the room during Mariah and JLo performances.
Best performance of the night IMO was Janelle and the Band Perry.
Congratulations to Candice.
I think Kree, Janelle and Angie will all do well in the music industry even with not winning. Maybe none of them will be super stars, but they will be ok.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Friday, May 17, 2013 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
My fav part was Angie singing with Adam and with Jessie J!!!!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, May 17, 2013 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I just don't like Jennifer Hudson. I admire all she's done since this show, but she has one volume setting when she sings: LOUD. Hubby thought Candice outsang her, too.

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED Angie and Adam Lambert. Their voices blended so well, I couldn't tell who was singing which part at times. I never think about buying any songs on iTunes, but I would buy that one. It was awesome.

Also loved Janelle with The Band Perry (LOVE them!). She just seemed so at home and comfortable and she sang great. Janelle just has so much more energy than either Candice or Kree. I was totally entertained.

I thought the bit about the girls sabotaging the boys was pretty funny. "None of you play the guitar!" (Reference to the last 5 "white guy[s] with a guitar" who won AI.)

And the Dawg Pound bit made my dogs bark!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, May 17, 2013 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
P.S. I hear Adam Lambert on the radio all the time. Also Daughtry, Kelly Clarkson and Phillip Phillips. Depends on which stations you listen to.

Aretha sounded great too, especially when you consider the woman is 71 years old! She was seriously ill a few months back, so it's good to see her still performing and sounding great.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Friday, May 17, 2013 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Just read where Kree has already been invited to sing at the Grand Old Opry on June 4th.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, May 17, 2013 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Good for Kree.

Aretha did not look well last night, I hope she is not ill again.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, May 17, 2013 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I see why Minaj did not perform
Nicki Minaj Video Deemed Too Risqué to Premiere on American Idol
She could not perform live because of a conflict on interest with Billboard awards and they would not show her video because it was considered too risque.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, May 17, 2013 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Kind of suspect. She has more than one song that she sings.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 17, 2013 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I thought last night that while it didn't seem fair, that they just didn't trust Nicki. But why did they trust her to judge?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 17, 2013 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wow.. well that was classy.. not. And I swear as soon as it started playing, Katniss went bonkers, bounced off the side of the vertical blinds on the slider then ran behind the mini blinds and crashed off something in the entry hall

Still more inventive (I guess) than Mariah's video.

She has more than one song but this is her debut video right now that she wants to push.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, May 17, 2013 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
was reading suggestions around the boards and I think one actually had a great deal of merit. On what not to sing, someone suggested, kiddingly, that instead of judges of singers, they have judges of music people from different record companies that might consider signing people as judges and they tell people why they want to hire one singer or another. Now you will still get appearance people o er others, but if they ended up competing for the ones they wanted to sign, that would be kind of interesting.
I am not big on judges mentoring because that is a conflict of interest, and some of the mentoring is also cutting the rug from under the ones they don't like with poor song selection or bad advice. you can add mentors, but they should not be the judges.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, May 17, 2013 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I don't mind the judges. I think they should keep Keith. I think the results show should be just 30 minutes. They don't need all the other crap that they show with it. The regular show should be 60 minutes. Period.

Cindylouwho

01-27-2009

Saturday, May 18, 2013 - 6:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cindylouwho a private message Print Post    
I don't care if Mariah was lip-syncing or not... She sounded awful either way. And her judging.. arggh. She looks off to the left and up, and then just rambles with a lot of "dahlings" in it. I always fast forward through her judging.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, May 18, 2013 - 6:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
These two hour shows- 2 nights a week are over kill. That's why the ratings have floundered. DWTS's ratings are bad too and they have astutely decided to only do one show a week next season. AI should do the same. I remember when Who Wants To Be A Millionaire was extended to several nights a week and that's when the ratings started to fall. I think since The Voice is relatively new compared to AI and DWTS their ratings are OK but if they continue with The Voice airing two nights a week then repeating it on the weekend its only a matter of time before they will have less viewers too.

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Saturday, May 18, 2013 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
I would be extremely happy if next year they had Keith and Harry Connick as judges. Please. no JLo and/or divas!

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Saturday, May 18, 2013 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I like Keith too and I think Harry Connick would be good. I also think Kelly Clarkson would be excellent. I don't see her as a diva. I think Adam Lambert is still pretty busy building his highly successful career. I think they need to keep it to three judges.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, May 18, 2013 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yes, three judges PLEASE!!!! Four is just too many and makes the show drag. Plus I'm so tired of judges being all about themselves and not about the singers. No more divas!!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 18, 2013 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I didn't care for Harry's advice so much this year.

Jimmy would be great and honest. I just read where he and someone else had given huge gifts to UCS recently to set up some program there (not singing).. but it was impressive amounts of money and very generous.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 18, 2013 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Here it is.. and wow.. just do a search on Jimmy Iovine.. interesting stuff, very successful.

http://tinyurl.com/jiovine

He probably wouldn't want to devote the time to the auditions..

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Saturday, May 18, 2013 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I agree about Jimmy as well. He would be great. I kind of don't care to "look at" Harry C. much; his features bug me. Shallow, I know but that's how I feel.