TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 16, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XII: 5/15 - Finale (Singing & Results): Archive through May 16, 2013 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I thought I might as well get this started. I was pretty disappointed when Angie was eliminated and thought that I might not watch the final but I will probably succumb and watch it.

We were discussing the announcement about the judges all being replaced in the previous week's thread. One of my main thoughts about it was the timing of the announcement was kind of embarrassing for the current judges. They are lame ducks to say the least and it must be a bit uncomfortable sitting there at this point.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
They can still try to influence how we vote.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I feel the same way about Angie, Jimmer, but look at it this way: she'll be back for the finale! Yay! But so will Lazaro. Ugh!

Nessietessie

02-03-2007

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nessietessie a private message Print Post    
Angie will be singing with Adam Lambert!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Angie with Adam Lambert??? I would watch the finale just for that. Adam Lambert might just be my favorite contestant of all time!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
OOOf.. just seeing Lazaro's name was a kick in the gut. I'll FF a lot but really look forward if Angie and Adam are singing, together or separately.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
As much as I like Kelly and Carrie and love their music and think they have had great post-Idol success, Adam was hands down my favorite contestant while on the show. He was so much fun to watch perform. Love it that they have paired Angie with him for the finale.

Generally though, this season was a disgrace. I don't even want to think about the guys all singing. Yuck!

Nessietessie

02-03-2007

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nessietessie a private message Print Post    
Adam Lambert is the best. My daughter went to all his concerts in the states, she met him several times, he was always kind, gracious and humble.

Nessietessie

02-03-2007

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nessietessie a private message Print Post    
Glamberts! Tune in to American Idol tonight @ 8pm EST on FOX to get an exclusive look into Adam's journey since American Idol!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Heaven freakin' forbid we sing anything upbeat or exciting for the finale.

I disliked every song tonight.

I want Kree to win, but apparently they were trying slow our pulses down so much tonight that we were close to passing out.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
That bad? LOL
It's not on here for another 2 hrs.
I want Kree to win too.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Not that it was bad, but it was all ballads or slow speed songs. Nothing exciting or up-beat IMO.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I remember last year's finale when Philip Philips sang "Home" and I had chills listening to him. Love that song.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well it's the kind of songs that these two people sing. Not too exciting.

Idol is so totally out of touch with the current music industry at this point it is almost hopeless.

Llkoolaid

08-01-2001

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Llkoolaid a private message Print Post    
Anyone who knows me here and I have been here since the first season of survivor, anyway anyone who knows me knows how much I do not like country music. Lord knows I have said it enough.

Ok wait for it, I would vote for Kree if I could.
I would listen to her sing, she has been winning me over when I watched this year. Tonight when she sang in the arms of an angel, well I cried, could be because my daughter sang that at my fathers funeral but it got to me, her second song was ok, and I loved her passion in her last song. There is something about her that makes me stop and listen. Don't know what it is but it happens.

Now I will still not admit to being a country fan, but I am a Kree fan. lol

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I remember past final performance nights and people were dancing and singing in aisles! The songs made you want get up and move your booties to the beat! Tonight it's what I imagine what it's like taking an ambien. Sort of half awake and wanting a sandwich.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Naja! LOL! Half awake and wanting a sandwich says it all. :-) That's how I found this entire season. It never engaged me.

ETA: Candice is the only singer I liked more than an average kind of like. But, I am a huge soul music/Motown music fan.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
LOL Smokey! Good to see you :-)

Llkoolaid

08-01-2001

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Llkoolaid a private message Print Post    
Lol, I am really on an island, I like motown even less than I like country. I was an Angie fan, so for me because I dislike both genres of Kree and Candace I based my opinion on who move me the most.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Well, I am a country fan so you know who I voted for. She also moved me the most.

Jordan Sparks' "I who have nothing" is one of my favorite songs ever sung on this show. I wasn't as impressed with Candice's version as Randy was.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I was an Angie fan, still am..

I think they set Candace up to win with better songs for the first two. Kree came more alive in her chosen song.

Both have talent but I'll join Naja as half asleep and thinking about a sandwich. Hmm I have half a grilled cheese I could heat up.. now I'm happier.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 5:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
All of my votes went to Kree. I'll say that right up front.

The songs they sang last night were blecccccch. I love Angel, one of my all time favs, but I've never heard it so drug out in tempo. Kree did a great job with it but it was soooooo slow. Candice was, yet again, off pitch in hers.

I will admit I liked Candice's release for content more than Kree's, but one good song does not make a winner and Candice has a huge pitch problem.

By the third song I was disinterested in the show completely. I had "checked out" and pulled out my Ipad. I won't even bother to watch the results show tonight, I'll simply tune in at the very end to see if my votes mattered, or, if indeed the fix is in.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 5:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
Okay I'm glad it just wasn't me . . I couldn't stay awake. I hope Kree wins . . just wish she could show a little more excitement.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I really liked Kree's song written for her if she should win; it would become her first release. Good ole country song and I liked it.

Candice has a beautiful singing voice and over the season there were many songs she sang that just touched me. She will be successful in her singing career.

Both girls are winners in my mind, however, I gave all my votes to Kree. I think with good handlers/support team, she'll become another Carrie Underwood in her transformation throughout the years.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Egbok, what you said was very nice!