TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 10, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XII: 5/08 - Top 3 week (singing & results): Archive through May 10, 2013 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Very, very disappointed. I thought Angie grew so much in the past few weeks and Kree just seemed to lose steam. I hate Kree's high notes. She always sounds like she's forcing her voice and it's not pretty,

Thought Angie went out with grace. Of course she was disappointed, but she tried to keep a smile on her face and sing the best she could through her tears. I keep saying, it doesn't really matter who wins. Adam Lambert didn't win and he's a way bigger star than Chris Allen.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I wanted Angie to go home, but I did feel sorry for her because I don't think she even had a thought she would be the one to leave.

So very happy for Kree and Candice.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 11:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I'm very disappointed.

Randy is leaving the show (that isn't what I'm disappointed about.. disappointed that Angie is out)..

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Friday, May 10, 2013 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
If Candice wins this whole thing then I will know the fix is in. I think Angie went home because her fans, thinking she was safe, threw their votes to Kree with the results that Candice and Kree were the final two. (we've seen the same outcome on other shows where the public votes). I felt badly for Angie last night, she's young and was devastated by the results, but she acted like a champ and held her head high, kept smiling, and tried to sing (although she did not want to do so,and told Ryan Seacrest so, but he insisted.) I think, like non-winners before her (Chris Daughtry, Adam Lambert, Kellie Pickler, Katharine McPhee, Jennifer Hudson, and Clay Aiken) she has a great career ahead of her.

On another note, WTG AI for getting rid of Nikki Minaj and Randy Jackson! Keith Urban and Mariah Carey weren't that bad, but they can go too. Can't wait to see who they get as new judges.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, May 10, 2013 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Can you say "judge" auditions boys and girls?

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Friday, May 10, 2013 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I'm happy with the final two.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, May 10, 2013 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think all three of them could have won it. Candice has the best voice, Kree is the most saleable(word?) and Angie is the most relateable(also word?).

I expect the vote was pretty tight, all three have been in the bottom three, possibly bottom two(?) so it's not like there's a clear expected winner.

I think this should be the last season. If they were keeping all or most of the judges it would be one thing, but I don't see the appeal in a revamped AI... best to put it to rest and maybe have Ryan do a different show if they want to keep him going.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Friday, May 10, 2013 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
If they totally revamp it, wouldn't it be a NEW show and no longer American Idol?

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, May 10, 2013 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
This is just my opinion, but I think Angie was over confident and that plus the goo goo eyes at the camera turned voters off.

I am sure she is shocked at what happened last night, but she will have a good career in music.

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Friday, May 10, 2013 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
I saw Angie as confident but not over confident. Her looking into the camera didn't turn me off, I saw it as connecting with her viewers. She has a personality and shows it with her singing. Kree and Candice lacked that IMO.

I have a couple thoughts on what happened with the voting and why Angie lost the spot in the finale. In all the seasons, there has never been a winner from the North East, the demographics show a high percentage viewers are in the Southern states. That is why 8 out of the last 11 winners are from the South.

I also think Kree gained extra votes with her home visit video. I was in tears watching, it was very touching and really showed where Kree's sadness is coming from.

Angie is very talented, marketable and the total package. I expect she will be successful.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, May 10, 2013 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Angie had never even been in the bottom 3, so of course she was surprised and disappointed to be sent home. You can't blame them for crying, cause they've all worked so hard and to miss it by "that much" (holding index finger and thumb together closely) must be heartbreaking. I don't see it as shock as in "how could they send me home?" I see it as natural disappointment. I didn't see her as cocky at all. I thought she was a sweet, enthusiastic, loving young girl. You could see it in her body language with Kree and Candice. She loves them. She doesn't think she's better than them. I think she was trying hard last night to be happy for them, while being sad for herself. She'll have a career regardless.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, May 10, 2013 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh, my bad, I thought they'd all been in the bottom three or two. I really didn't get overconfidence from Angie though.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, May 10, 2013 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Doesn't Ryan say "in no particular order", so she may have been in the bottom two.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, May 10, 2013 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Technically, last night, all 3 contestants were in the bottom 3.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, May 10, 2013 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Nobody had anything to say about Mariah's horrific video? She barely sang at all. Just danced around and tried to look sexy. It was embarrassing.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, May 10, 2013 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
It was bad and I was embarrassed for her.

Dke1212

07-13-2005

Friday, May 10, 2013 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dke1212 a private message Print Post    
Lazylu, I agree re: Angie. Happy with final 2.

I had to FF through Mariahs video after a few seconds.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, May 10, 2013 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I am very unhappy that FOX, the network has been charged with saving AI. I just don't feel they have the feel for the public that a shows producers (the current ones not included) might have. Networks have different goals and insights. They have no interest in shortening the show to tighten it up, but want to squeeze it and milk it for what it can before it destroys.

I see this as a parable to business in this country today where short term goals are more important and the quick buck is the key. No investment for the long term. The best thing they can do for this show is to shorten it, It is burning out fast with filler.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, May 10, 2013 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Sadiesmom, one of the reasons I quit watching it after last year, was I hate the "filler." I hate the baby pictures, the pictures of them when they were kids, the stupid questions, the Ford commercials. I hated the two-hours shows and I thought it was ridonkulous that the elimination show was an hour. And most of all, I hated that they moved it to Wednesday night. I know a lot of these issues came up when Simon left and they said they were going to make changes, yet nothing changed. I don't blame Fox, I would blame Nigel because since he came back a few years ago the show really started tanking.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Friday, May 10, 2013 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
Oh yeah, Mariah's video was awful! it went on and on and on...and she hardly sang

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, May 10, 2013 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I don't think Mariah made any new fans with her judging or her video. I don't think any of the judges made any new fans and I say that as a fan of Keith Urban.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, May 10, 2013 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The current judges are incredibly annoying and their manner of speaking is so affected, fake, pretentious and obnoxious. It's like they are playing bad roles in a bad show. It's insulting to both the contestants and the viewers.

(LOL - Can you tell I don't like them on this show?)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 10, 2013 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But Nicki got the obnoxious pink pill commercials. Tired of those popping up everywhere on TV and even People magazine..

Of course I ff through most of Mariah's video though I watched more than expected out of sheer wondering what on earth was she thinking???

I think the show is SO far over the shark it is hopeless. I like Kree and Candice but I have no interest in them performance wise.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, May 10, 2013 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think the show was pretty bad and started to tank big time when Nigel left - you know the Lee Dewyze year and the Scotty year. The show never came in at a responsible time with the filler. I have said it before and I say it again - Nigel's value to the show was getting it to end on time and he should have been kept in the role as time keeper, - live shows are not easy.
The years earlier with Nigel were dropping in viewership but it escalated a lot after he left. The introduced the Save,they got J-lo (goosies) and Steven (skeeved me out). and viewership really started dropping. They added X-factor and The Voice the year Nigel came back. Now I don't like Nigel, but I don't blame him for the failure as much as the longer show and save and goosies et al.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Friday, May 10, 2013 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
I was disappointed that Angie went home too. She'll make it anyway with her voice, piano and songwriting talent. Thought it would have been Kree but she has lots of country fans and vote for the worst was pushing her. Angie learned not to act theatrical or pan to the camera and hadn't for weeks now. I hope Candice wins. I think she can sing many genres. Hopefully, the "new" AI will be better because this one has almost jumped the shark.