TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
5/15 - Finale (Singing & Results)...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XII: 5/15 - Finale (Singing & Results) users admin

AI12
American Idol (on FOX)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through May 16, 2013Lazylu25 05-16-13  8:58 am
Archive through May 16, 2013Jimmer25 05-16-13  7:37 pm
Archive through May 18, 2013Auntiemike25 05-18-13  12:58 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Saturday, May 18, 2013 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
I love Jimmy and believe his advice is honest and comes from a good place. The Voice has four judges and yet it doesn't seem to drone on repeatedly and never have I heard them be outright cruel to one of the performers. AI seems to be more about the drama rather than the singing.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 18, 2013 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, AI seems about the judges, the sponsor and endless guest promotion.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, May 24, 2013 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Apparently Jennifer Hudson has signed on to be a judge next year. And according to this article, the other two spots should go to Kelly Clarkson and either Adam Lambert or Clay Aiken. Would love to see Adam as a judge! But Jennifer Hudson? Ugh. Don't really like her that much. She's not as good as she thinks she is. She has one singing dynamic: LOUD.

http://www.eonline.com/news/422628/jennifer-hudson-signs-on-as-american-idol-judge-plus-find-out-who-else-is-close-to-coming-aboard

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, May 24, 2013 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I have all sorts of stuff about Jennifer's personality, I don't know her well enough except for the brave front she has had with her tragedy. Other than that, I have not heard her talk on anything other than scripts.

If Idol is just choosing people on fame, that is another lose lose.

I hear that Kelly said they had not approached her and she was not interested, and I can respect that.

Adam was also quoted as saying he would love to be on the show but they have not approached him yet, I was not thrilled with his very long trashing of Susan Boyle because he did not like her singing style. I have an affinity for Clay but not sure what being on a sinking ship would do for him. He did get to play idol judge in 2003 along with Trenyce (who did great) and Carmen. Here is the clip. Canadian Idol The pretend judges are in the middle of this clip. And I did approve of Clay trashing quickly Rhianna, the woman would not survive without autotune. Others might not agree.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, May 24, 2013 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Even though I don't listen to or buy Jennifer Hudson's music, she was pretty fantabulous in Dreamgirls.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 24, 2013 - 11:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yeah, but a judge??

But all these articles.. I read one that said only Nicki was staying. Not a good idea.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, May 26, 2013 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
From what I've read, it would seem most of America hated Nicki as a judge. Why would they keep her? I don't have high hopes for this show. They'll pick 3 or 4 other judges we hate for next year and give us the same old tired themes. I don't think the producers have a clue anymore.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
If Nicki returns I will be so over AI. It's already towards the bottom of my priority list of shows to watch/follow. I'm not sure they can SAVE this show!!!!! Maybe they should just stop and come up with something else completely!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, May 30, 2013 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Mariah , Nicki and Randy are definitely out, Keith wants to stay and it seems he is fighting for it by saying in every interview he wants to stay.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, May 30, 2013 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I like Keith and wouldn't mind if he stayed.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 31, 2013 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
This is good news, that Keith is the last one left..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/30/mariah-carey-leaving-american-idol_n_3362199.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl9%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D320755

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, June 01, 2013 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
The Idol tour has been delayed by a month, cancelling a lot of locations - they say it is a problem getting the production done. after 11 years, they are having trouble getting production done?

also, Candace has proven to be the lowest seller of the coronation song and there have been some really bad ones in the past. She sold 71K in 3 weeks.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, June 01, 2013 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wow about the tour. I got tickets and went to see the tour here but I think they stopped coming to OC. And this year I decided after Lazaro stayed so long and then Angie left so soon that it wasn't worth it.

But it is unbelievable that they just fell down in getting the tour going.

I know Candice in an interview said she wanted to get her CD out right away and not wait until after the tour, which sounded strange, since that would be rushing, and there would be more potential buyers after the tour..

Cafstr

05-14-2011

Sunday, June 02, 2013 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cafstr a private message Print Post    
Wow! Just reading the dislike for Nikki and can't quite believe it. She is the one person that I didn't care for before but then her hilarious personality won me over. Mariah is a great singer but she has the personality of a zombie.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 03, 2013 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Whoa, did you guys just see Scotty McCreery on Jay Leno tonight? Holy cow, this kid has turned into a great superstar. I am melting watching him sing his song called "Tonight".

Dke1212

07-13-2005

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dke1212 a private message Print Post    
Cafstr..... I liked Nicki as a judge too. Thought Keith was alright too. The other two, not so much.

Cafstr

05-14-2011

Thursday, June 06, 2013 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cafstr a private message Print Post    
Dke - Randy Overstayed his welcome long ago. When Mariah finally talked, I'm sure someone wrote her lines for her. I would cringe when she started talking and actually wished for Paula. And I jokingly said I'm sure her "writer" might be included in the credits!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, June 07, 2013 - 4:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Naja, Scotty M. has done very well in the world of country music.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 - 10:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So Nigel and the other producer are out..

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/reality-rocks/nigel-lythgoe-reveals-american-idol-biggest-mistake-194425316.html

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The problem with Nigel's theory about not going younger and using newer material is staying with the same songs gets boring after a while. For example, Beatles night was awesome and fun at first but I'm tired of hearing them cover the same songs over and over. If I want to hear Beatles songs over and over again I listen to the Beatles. Same thing with Motown, etc. Or if they are going to sing older songs at least make them pick ones that haven't already been performed over and over on AI.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I agree.. and heck, maybe they had simply done it all, more than once.

But even with the same old songs, I'd love for it to be about the singers, more with Jimmy or someone giving them good advice (probably Jimmy and others) and NOT all about the judges.

As the years have gone by, Ryan has improved so much (he still isn't so good with sympathy/support as Cat Deeley or Alison on Biggest Loser, but he's so much better.. and the judges role has just deteriorated.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: