TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 02, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XII: 4/24 and 5/1 - Top 4 week (singing & results): Archive through May 02, 2013 users admin

Funfit4life

03-16-2006

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Funfit4life a private message Print Post    
Should have been Angie going home. Kree has been slipping. Amber is peaking. Crystal is amazing

Funfit4life

03-16-2006

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Funfit4life a private message Print Post    
Who is the they that doesnt want Amber? LOL. I would take her and put her in jazz music. I'd have Angie write, her singing is so yesterday and last decade.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
All I can say is Idol is a mess this season. It's rapidly becoming a total joke.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
music is very personal, we all hear different things so this means we can disagree and all be right.
Note: the "they that don't want Amber" are the voting public majority. She has ended up in the bottom often and was the only girl who was below a non Lazaro guy singer. Just wanted to clarify that.

My problem is when people are off - and by the way - the backup singers this year have been flat a lot, they almost pull the singers off some times. But the judges are supposed to recognize this and call pitchiness, they don't always do it.

Here is the Idol guy blogger, explaining why he is getting pissed watching this season. (it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt)

Top 4 Performance Night: A Middle Finger To Everyone At Home
Can somebody please check that Nigel Lythgoe and the other Idol producers are not receiving bribes from Mark Burnett and NBC? I swear, the quality of the decision-making this year goes beyond incompetence. It has descended to the point of malice. It’s as if they want Idol to deliberately, and utterly, fail.

That is the only explanation for the farce that was Wednesday night. It was a breathtaking display of bias and detachment from reality. They really, really, want Amber Holcomb to happen. Now, if Idol was essentially a way to promote the Idol producer’s Chosen One for a good chunk of the year, this might be acceptable. But this is still, in theory, a competition. And competitions are supposed to be run with at least a pretense of fairness. Anyone who’s watched Idol before could tell that wasn’t the case. What kind of a night is it when Mariah Carey was the judge that made the most sense?

Now granted he is not a big Amber fan, but the who mess of the judges rushing to attack Jimmy during Candice's critique is theater of the absurd.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 - 6:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm so glad I took this show off my DVR as soon as I heard Mariah Carey and Nikki Minaj were going to be judges, but I do enjoy reading your posts. I have three friends who still (barely) watch the show and they say the judging is horrific and that this is probably their last season watching. All of the articles that I have read this season where they are talking about the incredibly low ratings, the reviewers are ripping Randy, Mariah and Nikki - Keith not so much, but I don't know if he would stay on a sinking ship.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I cannot state enough how happy I am taht Harry Conick JR told them not to use runs on standards - vast improvement on the usual crappy versions - straight and simple is best.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I swear I saw Mary Murphy in the audience. They may have introduced her, but I FF through some of the fluff and may have missed it.

I thought Kree did great tonight. I was so relieved. I just think she is wonderful.

My mom looooves Amber. I called her today and she couldn't wait to see her tonight. She calls her "Legs" because she is so tall and slim.

So I guess I am hoping Kree and Amber are safe tomorrow.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
Yes, MM was with Nigel.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Candice and Kree were wonderful tonight.

I don't get the Amber love, just don't get it.

You're right Harry, sometimes the judges don't have a clue.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 - 10:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Nicki is stuck in junior high school.. for heavens sake, face forward, not with your back to Mariah.

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
I don't get the Amber love either. I really hope she goes tonight.
I liked Angie's version of Diamonds and was very surprised the judges slammed her on it but yet loved Amber's horrible version of Pink's Just Give Me A Reason. I love Pink and especially that song and I don't see how the judges could praise her on it. JMO

My favorites are Kree and Angie, so I'm hoping they stayed on top again this week.

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
Wow I just checked DialIdol. I sure hope it's wrong. I just don't get it.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I hope they are wrong too.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I so hope we get a Candace / Amber finale! They are far and away the most talented singers IMO and Amber is super marketable.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
DialIdol doesn't measure the FB or online voting...I always vote on FB and did NOT give my votes to Amber. I don't like her singing, she's always pitchy.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I'm still hoping for a Candace and Kree final two, with Candace winning. Amber is a lovely girl but needs to refine her singing.....hope she goes soon, although the judges sure are pushing her!

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I believe the powers that be want an Amber Candice final with Amber winning. I guess they can use auto tune like they do for Taylor Swift.

The judges destroyed Janelle's confidence, then they tried to destroy Kree's and last night it was Angie's turn.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
I disagree Tishala, I do not think Amber is a great singer. She sings off pitch 99.9% of the time (it hurts my ears),

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I also hear Amber being off every week. It hurts my ears too!

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Nicki Minaj: "I like your jeans." Really? What a "great" judge....NOT. Can't wait for AI to be over this year. I'm enjoying The Voice so much more. I think AI has run its course!!!!

Tishala

08-01-2000

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
To be clear, I find Candace the strongest singer in this competition by FAR; I'd say nobody else is remotely as talented. But I see the appeal of Amber for the judges/producers. She is IMO the second best singer, but because she is young, attractive, and thin, she'd be an incredibly marketable singer

similarly, Janelle is IMO much more marketable than Kree, and for many of the same reasons

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Tish, I totally agree with you about Candace. She is by far the best of the lot and the only one that I would like to hear, over and over again. She knows how to bring a song.

She's as "slim" as Adele so maybe the strength of her voice and singing ability will allow her to be successful.

I guess that is what I hate about Nicki (and other judges) who always comment on what they are wearing or how they look.......I would prefer they focus on their singing ability.

Maybe we just need better marketers......

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The reality is that there are not a lot of overweight successful singers.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Gladys Knight, Mahalia Jackson,Cass Elliott, Wynnona, Jill Scott, Queen Latifah, Aretha Franklin, Jennifer Hudson, Susan Boyle, Chaka Khan, Sophie Tucker, Kate Smith, Bette Midler, Carnie Wilson.

I'm sure there are more. The point is that if you have a talent you can be promoted for that talent. It might be like swimming upstream but it can be done. Just sayin'....

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh I know there are some (and you gave good examples) but it's generally a tough road. If you look at the Grammy awards or the top charts you see very few today. I'm not saying it's right but it is what it is.

Don't laugh everyone but I think Idol puts too much emphasis on singing ability and not enough emphasis on performing, personality, individuality and stage presence. Sure it's great to hit those big notes but that's not all it is all about.