TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 25, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XII: 4/24 and 5/1 - Top 4 week (singing & results): Archive through April 25, 2013 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I still like Angie and I guess I never realized that it was considered mandatory that you must not enunciate when you sing. Huh??

And any number of times with a favorite, they will say you were flat, but who cares? Well, autotune or not, sometimes singers need to actually sing and I'd think pitch and tune would matter. Shows what I don't know.

I don't know what Mariah would have been like as a judge without Nicki glaring at her all the time, and we will probably never know now.

I agree that at some point, Keith just gave up, started bouncing to the music, standing up and going along with the rest. Maybe even before he lost the fight to save Janelle.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Someone on another site that said Janelle just might be the one that surprises everyone and goes on to become a success in country music. I could happen. :-)

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Not "I" could happen, it could happen.

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Amber doesnt do it for me. I have to tell you I cannot stand McCarthur's park, it is a long drawn out song about nothing which was originally sung by a second rate actor (even though he was irish)

Still like Candace and I think that Angie gave great performances but she annoys the heck out of me with her doe eyes to the camera.

Still love Keith, he can call me babe anytime and I like Niki, I do.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I agree with you, Lazylu. I may even have made that same statement here that I think Janelle could be very successful in Nashville. She sure has that classic country sound. You don't have to win this show to be successful. Just ask Clay Aiken, Jennifer Hudson, Katherine McPhee, Chris Daughtry and many others.

As a singer, I must disagree with whoever said enunciation doesn't matter. Why have lyrics to a song if nobody can understand them? You might as well hum. My feeling has always been that if the song has a good message or story, it's the singer's job to deliver that message, which means you have to sing in a way that people can understand the words. I think either I'm getting old and can't hear anymore or everybody's mumbling on TV these days. It's sad how dependent we've become on close-captioning!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The results show just started but I'm afraid to watch. This is two weeks in a row my favorite, Kree, disappointed me. There has just been something off in the tone of her voice, and her song choices have been odd to me. Oh well, here we go. I voted again this week so I reserve the right to complain at the results :-)

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
Has anybody noticed a 'sad' look/vibe to Kree? Her voice is so angelic and serene, but I see, for lack of a better word, sadness. Amber, Janelle and Angie are SO upbeat that it makes Kree stand out, but not in a particularly positive way. Am I imagining this?

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Longb, to me it just seems like she is trying to be so casual and cool, so much that it takes away the edge she had. Like she is trying too hard not to over-do it, and the result is she doesn't do enough.

No results yet 45 mins into the show.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Okay, Lee who??? That was just not good at all.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
I agree, she needs to 'do' more. Janelle knew how to turn it on big time....which is just as important as technical expertise.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Lee DeWyze, winner of season 9. I thought he was better than he was when he was on the show during his season.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
If that was better how in the world did he win that season?? That was bad.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Ok, first results of the night!

2 groups of two. Top two and bottom two.

Amber on far side.

Angie on near side.

Kree joins Angie on near side.

Candice to far side with Amber.

Who goes where? Find out after the break.

LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
And we're back....

Bottom two are:

Candice and Amber

Kree and Angie are safe.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Here we go:

Person that could be leaving tonight is:

NO ONE!

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Whaaaaaat???????

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Since the save wasn't used this year, they are keeping everybody.

Next week your votes from this week will be combined with the new votes.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This actually makes no sense since 2 people would go home the week after the save was used in the past. I think they were just asked to fill in an empty week of programming. My guess.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Or .. Amber would have been out.. so they decided to use the save after the save wasn't available.

Well, guess I don't need to watch tonight :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
If Kree seemed off, maybe she was on cold meds for her cold? I'd be off, too.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
No, it makes perfect sense......."they" want Amber & "we" don't! "They" are giving us time to think. Hey, I do like that the votes carry over from this wk and get added to next wk. That will give Angie & Kree a little advantage. I have never understood why Amber made top 10 gals let alone top 5. I would never pay to see her or buy her music. I would listen to Candice on the radio & not change stations - but, that's about it. I would possibly buy a CD by Kree but would never pay to see her. I would buy a CD & pay to see Angie.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Since they didn't use the save, didn't they have an extra week to fill for the schedule to come out correctly. I kind of figured they would have to have one week where no one went home.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
No, Lazylu. Because when they would use the save, the next week they would eliminate the bottom two. So the amount of shows would be the same.

They "said" tonight that was the reason, but it makes no sense if you judge by the past.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
After the horror show that was last night, they could have sent all of them home. And I say that as someone who really likes Candice and, to a lesser degree, Amber.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I would buy Kree's cd, but that is the only one.