TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 25, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XII: 4/24 and 5/1 - Top 4 week (singing & results): Archive through April 25, 2013 users admin

Jmm

08-15-2002

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
They were "one hit wonders" for the original artists, but were sung later by more popular artists.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Heard both duets.... what are the judges drinking? Both duets were not that great. To me, the instruments overshadowed the singing. Not that great to me.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
The judges are sure hearing things different then I am.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I am finding myself more and more irritated with Angie. She just seems to be missing something to me. Amber was off on her McArthur's Park song. Not liking the song choices of Candice. Kree is good and then not so good.

I think all four women have potential but was not impressed tonight.

My favorites are still Candice and Kree. Let's see how America votes.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 11:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think the judges are just ruining the show for me.. blah blah blah, scold scold scold, and Keith, unless the songwriter or original singer is dead, a song less than 10 years old might not be a one hit wonder.

I thought Amber just ruined MacArthur Park.. heck I heard a better version by some generic singer on a curves CD last week..

Not feeling the Amber love.. the judges have been pushing her for awhile.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 12:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Do they still have the save? I miss Janelle. She seems softer than these ladies.I like them all, well enough.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 3:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Just don't feel Amber either-although the way the judges are pushing her,I expect to see an Amber/Candace finale.

Scbarber

06-08-2005

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 6:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scbarber a private message Print Post    
Finally figured out why Amber annoys me so much. "The world is wonderful" Smile, Smile
"Someone stole my dog" Smile, Smile

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 7:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I miss Janelle as well. She probably wasn't the best singer of the five of them but she had more personality and stage presence. It isn't all about the singing. It's about the entire performance and all of these girls seem to be missing something in the performance aspect.

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 7:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
I thought it was rude, not to mention disrespectful, that during, what was meant to be Candice's critique time, the judges got all snippy about Jimmy's opinion concerning Amber's performance. I really felt for Candice having to stand there through that mess.

I enjoy hearing Jimmy's opinions. I don't always agree, but I think he can be counted on to at least attempt to keep it real.

I feel the judges are doing everything they can to push Amber to the top. If enough viewers believe they are being pushed in a certain direction, it could backfire with America not voting for her. Tonight should be interesting.

I thought last night's performances/songs were boring.

One more comment about the judges. During Amber's critique, I thought it was terrible when Nikki told Amber that out of all the remaining girls, she, Amber, was the one she would want to be friends with. She may have meant she was thinking along the lines of a marketing tool. If that was her intent, it was not clear to me. If that wasn't her intent, the statement was totally inappropriate for a supposedly unbiased judge to make.

Dke1212

07-13-2005

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dke1212 a private message Print Post    
Hope Angie goes tonight. Just can't warm up to her. Of the other three, I would be fine with any of them winning.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Jimmy gives the most intelligent and insightful critiques. It's not even close.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I value Jimmy's critiques over all 4 judges any day!

I feel like the judges push Angie too and I think she is in major disconnect! I, too, think Nikki M. is over the top with her comments and too inappropriate.....I do not value her as a judge!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
My thoughts are usually in line with Jimmy's too.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
SCbarber, I think you are correct, it is Amber's smile. I don't get the love.
I think the judges seem to be pushing Angie and Amber now. I still prefer Candace and Kree.

I am also tired of Honey Chile, Darrlingggg, In it to Win and Bybe and not every performance of their favorite singer deserve a standing ovation.

Jimmy should be a judge and the judges were very rude after Candace's song. It wasn't the time to tell Jimmy that he was wrong, he wasn't wrong IMO

Yoda

08-11-2005

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yoda a private message Print Post    
This is one of Idols weaker seasons (IMHO) but I really like Angie and have already downloaded a couple of her songs. She's the only one I will continue to follow.

I would also love to see Jimmy as a judge, I don't always agree with him but at least he gives some actual comments and not a bunch of worn out phrases like the other judges do.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I thought it was rude, not to mention disrespectful, that during, what was meant to be Candice's critique time, the judges got all snippy about Jimmy's opinion concerning Amber's performance. I really felt for Candice having to stand there through that mess.

Exactly, Pam2all! It was really disrespectful to Candice. I love Jimmy Iovine and almost always agree with him. Amber's version of McArthur Park was not as good as the judges said it was. She has grown a lot, but her high notes don't always get where they need to be (a little flat at times).

I think Amber and Angie have grown the most over the course of the season. Kree and Candice definitely got outsung last night. I never thought I'd do it, but I voted for Angie last night. She's really won me over. Beautiful girl, beautiful voice. I think she could be a big star, ala Carrie Underwood.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Angie is my fav too. I agree w/Randy that she was the best of the night. I like Kree 2nd best, then Candice (neither of these 2 seem to have much personality). That leaves Amber as my choice to go home tonight. I thought she sang almost the whole 2nd song she did flat. But, who am I.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Unfortunately, Candice wasn't feeling well last night and it showed. Her performances really suffered. You could hear the strain in her voice.

I agree with you about Amber, Texasdeb. It just wasn't that good, and Jimmy Iovine was 100% right.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I also like Angie best, and then Kree.

I thought the judges blathering about one singer when they were to be critiquing another was rude and Jimmmy was right to just ask if they liked what Candice had done, which they were not saying.

We get it. For some reason you all want Amber to win and Nicki finally got Amber to slather on garish makeup.. ironically when Nicki didn't have it painted on so obviously. Bleh.

I thought Amber was flat on MacArthur Park and she had that "smile" every time she sang the lyric "it took so long to bake it". Choose a song and maybe do some research on what it might mean.

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/macarthur-park-lyrics-the-mystery-of-the-melting-cake.56380/ Per the writer of the song, it was about mourning a love affair

and this wouldn't merit a smile..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And I am increasingly annoyed that Nicki persists in using strange versions of people's names..

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I just find myself increasingly annoyed by Nicki.

And somebody please tell Mariah to say it and shut up. The rambling drives me crazy!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I fast frwrd when Mariah starts talking.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I don't have much respect for any of these 4 judges any more and that includes my favorite Keith. I guess there is a script to follow. :-(

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
this whole season has been a series of missteps

1, I like Nigel back, he is the only one who gets the show done on time. But he is a control freak, I think he controls the judges to an inch of their lives.

2. First big mistake - casting the judges. Every season Nigel says it is about the contestants, but then you hire judges who want o be famous and make it all about them,. Like Nicki. Mariah would like it to be all about her, but not smart enough to figure out how, so she rambles. Randi belongs in a hoe for people with vocabulary problems, it used to be funny, now , just annoying.
Keith started out OK, but has bowed down to the powers that be.

3. Then casting the contestants - this isa reality show and you need a variety of people for an interesting show, but they, I don't know, really messed up this year. The guys were sad and picked on to make sure they were out - the Amber praise started early and hard. Amber is inconsistent, I hear her flat a lot of the time, (can be fixed by auto tune)- few contestants are always on key, but some are corrected others are not. Angie seems to be acting a lot of the time. She may just be more savvy and thinking before talking or singing, but there seems to be a milisecond delay in her performances that drives me nuts, like she is thinking before singing/moving. Candace is good, but Melinda was better. Kree is good, but it does look like she is getting tired - this show is brutal on the contestants, but the after show whirlwind is worse.

4. They keep adding filler as if something will make the show better - but less is sometimes better, the show is too long to hold my interest.
I could go on, but criticism like this is not popular, I have thought about this way too much talking to a friend of mine. That is the downside of having friends who watch the same shows.