TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 24, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XII: 4/24 and 5/1 - Top 4 week (singing & results): Archive through April 24, 2013 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching? I probably won't see it until tomorrow but I'm always interested in hearing some comments in advance.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Omigosh.. I was literally just ready to click on new thread and this appeared :-) I'll be watching when it airs later tonight.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Amber sang Celine's Power of Love. Did a good job. Judges loved her.

Candice slowed up Drake's Find Your Love. They told her not to sound "old". She did ok, not great imo.

Kree sang a bluesy song no one knew, Hurts So Bad by Susan Tedeschi. Jimmy and judges not that impressed.

Angie sang Jessie J's Who You Are and played piano. She was great. Judges loved it.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Kree and Amber doing duet of Adelle's Rumor Has it.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Angie and Candice doing duet of Rhianna's Stay.
Standing ovation of all judges for them.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I love susan tedeschi and i believe Kree did better than the artist. Judges are wrong.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Viewers were asked what theme they should sing and the result was One Hit Wonders.

Amber singing Jimmy Webb's MacArthur Park.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Keith: Incredible
Nicki: blooming flower
Randy: In it to win it. You hit the crystal clear high notes, mad crazy vocals. I'd sign you now.
Mariah: star quality

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I think "In it to win it" should be on Randy's tombstone....when the time is right! What a limited vocabulary and ability to express oneself! I, for one, wouldn't miss Randy's "judging" abilities!

Rslover

11-19-2002

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Jimmy always hated that song..called it cheesy.

Candice singing Bee Gee's Emotion.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Auntie, You should tweet that to him..lol

Rslover

11-19-2002

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Nicki: Yes
Randy: You took your time, nice run, great performance. Former Candice of last week returning.
Mariah: Stellar performance ( Candice has a cold)
Keith: Your voice is beautiful. Wished she picked a song that exposed her more.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Kree singing Procol Harum's A Whiter Shade of Pale (but she's doing Percy Sledge version)
Randy: You redeemed yourself. Brilliant. Loved it.
Mariah: DL it tonight.
Nicki: Loved it and your voice was pretty and angelic, but it won't keep you from the bottom

Rslover

11-19-2002

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
I don't know who deemed these songs "one hit wonders" but some of these singers recorded other successful hits.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
note to randy: they are all in it to win it - Shut Up. You have nothing to say.
All judges - shut up, I know you are just trying to influence opinions and not giving real opinions,

Please - applause for McArther Park - no one gets applause for that, it was a time when a lot of people bought music to do drugs to, that song was an example. Richard Harris was considered good, go figure.

Oh dear lord - last of the evening and it is Angie grossly over emoting, looks like a 5 years old for a few minutes there, Brought it down at the end, but sorry, still pretend emotion, not very annoying. Judges love it.

Interesting, keith had to use 3 words? did he say it was from a script?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
randy, shut up.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Angie singing Julie London's Cry Me a River.

Mariah: You hit upper register notes. Clarity beautiful, talent galore.
Keith: Mystical and celestial powerful.
Nicki: You came out to snatch wigs off heads and you are snatching. Tonight was your night.
Randy: Yo...the best of the night. Angie wins night hands down.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
you forgot that angie is in it to win it according to randy.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Sadie, You always sound so miserable when you watch the show, so why bother? I love MacArthur Park.

I am just reporting objectively for those who are interested.

Poor Angie. One week everyone says she is not feeling the song. Now she is over-emoting. Girl can't catch a break.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think the judges and the scripting drag me down. McCarther Park, Hated the song then, still hate it now. Randy was very irritating tonight.
I enjoyed Emotion, I enjoyed Whiter Shade of pale, but the judges didn't. Sheesh. They seem to have pre-selected favorites of a night. Or maybe I do. I don't know.
And the judges need some balance,they are too much everyone is perfect. Sorry, there were a few missed notes tonight that were not called out, but would have been in other years.

The judges thought Angie was perfect, I thought she was over emoting, but it was still another way of not feeling the song.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Hubby said how are these one-hit wonders? Donna Summer had lots of hits, so did the Bee Gees. Sorry, I'm watching time-delayed.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Yes, Heck. I agree. I posted that same thing.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well like I predicted I've enjoyed everyone's comments so far. Believe it or not, I'm looking forward to seeing this now.

Add me to the list of not getting the one hit wonder criteria.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Makes no sense to me either. Percy Sledge and Procol Harum were not 1 hit wonders, were they? I get that Richard Harris was (have always hated that song). Samantha Sang did "Emotion" as a one hit, I guess.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I thought Kree was great on that first song. The judges seem to want Amber to win now.