TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 18, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XII: 4/17 - Top 5 week (singing & results): Archive through April 18, 2013 users admin

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
getting this started. I'll miss the 1st hr due to Survivor being a priority of mine over AI but will come here for the 2nd 1/2.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Wow! I came in to see what's going on.......nobody is watching & posting.......

This show is on it's way out.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Never go up against Survivor!

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Survivor is my all time fav reality show!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Heh, I am kind of watching - Candice was good,, Kree was fine, still can't connect to Angie and Amber stunk the place up on Without you - I have heard so many versions, this was bad. Wow, Nicki is criticizing her, others are trying to make up for her.

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
Still don't understand the judges love for Amber.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Jimmy thinks Amber was second best - they sure are not hearing what I am hearing, on several other boards they claim that Idol wants Amber because she is cute and they have autotune. She has a star body, but something about her voice just bores me.
Then again, Rhianna is not much of a singer.
Not too thrilled with this tribute song from Candace, She gospelled it up at the end, but the beginning was kind of dull.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
I think Janelle was the worst tonight. I find her dull and hope she leaves next.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 11:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Bottom two should be amber and Janelle, with Janelle going home. Agree don't go up against survivor

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Going up against Survivor is bad news. Survivor comes first. :-)

Back to my favorite old question. Will the judges use the save tonight?

I'll be shocked if they don't use it regardless of who is in the bottom and especially if it is Amber. This is their last chance to use it, I think the judges all have pretty big egos and they won't pass on an opportunity for some exciting screen time.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
and they have an extra week to fill.

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
No I think if they use the save they don't get an extra week they just get rid of 2 people next week.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought my favorite, Kree, didn't sound as wonderful as she normally does, and I didn't like her song choices, so I figured she might be in trouble tonight. That's why last night was the first time I actually voted during the top 10. I didn't want the guilt on me for not voting....LOL

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I never used to vote, but now that I have the AI app on my iPad, it just makes it so easy to throw 50 votes out there. I think that's why Dial Idol has become irrelevant. Too many people voting online to "measure the busy signal" accurately anymore.

We totally enjoyed last night's show. It was so nice to have people there who were all talented and not have to say, "Why is he/she still there?" Haven't felt that way about AI in a long time.

Thought everybody did really well, except for Amber's first song. Did think she knocked it out of the park on her last song, though. That was a tough song to sing melodically, and she did it perfectly. As soon as she finished, I told DH, "Randy better not say 'Amber's in it to win it!'" So what did he say? Exactly. Ugh.

I'm sure they will use the save tonight, because it's the last opportunity to use it and they'll do it just for the drama. I don't mind so much this year, cause they're all good and I would enjoy hearing them again next week.

We gave up on Survivor years ago. It's just the same thing over and over and over. Starving, dirty people stabbing each other in the back. Ugh.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think they'll definitely use the save on anyone but Janelle, but they might also use it on Janelle and say that they all deserve a second chance.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh, I think they'll use it on Janelle. I would be willing to bet they'll use it on whoever is the bottom vote-getter tonight, cause they have to use it or look stupid for not using it. They'll use it, but then two will have to go home next week.

I forgot to mention that when Nicki came out in that dress with the "missing" front, I told DH it looked like she had a buttcrack on her chest. It was really crude and tasteless, as well as distracting.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I was surprised at the song choices last night. With all the 'diva' songs to chose from, I did not recognize any of the songs except the Beyonce one. None of the contestant's performances were particularly moving to me. I thought that they all had better moments in prior performances.

I thought that the girl who won the Australia Idol looked so thrilled to be in the US audience. I was hoping that they would have her sing tomorrow. But, instead, we are getting Fantasia and Clay..... sigh.

Videomic

04-15-2009

Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Videomic a private message Print Post    
Did they say if the first set of songs, birth date, was the year it was recorded by someone or the year it was written? Amber's I can't live without you was written in 1970 making it 33 years ago. I'm sure that Amber isn't 33!!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
It was rereleased by Mariah in her birth year. I think she is 19.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I was shocked with Kree picking a Celine Dion song. Hello...Celine is not country and I thought Kree didn't sound good at all. I thought most of them did not perform well with their second songs.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom, thanks for the laugh about the missing front of Nicki's dress. It did look just like what you said.

I hope Amber is the bottom vote getter, but I think they will use it no matter who is in the bottom. I think Amber and Janelle will be the next two to go and then Angie.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm a few minutes behind, but I'll post results if nobody is here.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Paula Abdul is there! She came out and hugged Candice for singing her song! She looks great!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Ryan sent Paula to sit with the judges and they all hugged and loved up on each other :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
OMG, they are doing taped special about Clay Aiken and his charity, UNICEF, and now he is singing live on the Idol stage! :-)