TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 04, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XII: 4/03 - Top 7 Week (Singing and Results): Archive through April 04, 2013 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
And another week goes by. What's the theme again this week?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
classic rock - no ballads.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I should like this....

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Somehow a good portion of them will manage to choose something obscure.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL - It's almost like they feel safe singing something obscure because they hope no one will be able to tell if they get it wrong.

Imagine no ballads (and I like ballads normally but I'm tired of hearing them on AI).

I finally watched last week's show. The guys' group performance was brutal beyond belief.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Well, I'm coming in after watching Survivor. Looks like this show isn't really popular tonight.

Lorie

08-29-2003

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lorie a private message Print Post    
Me too Texasdeb. Just watched Survivor and now it's time for AI. Hope Angie hasn't sung yet.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Angie sang a duet with Lazaro but not her solo.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Lorie, Angie is one of the few I look forward to as well....

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just started my recording this minute and they are playing a Rush song. It totally brings me back to the first time I camped all night for tickets when their Signals album came out. I was a freshman or sophomore I think and I remember my mom being so ticked off at me because I lied about where I was going.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
It's be nice to Lazaro night - but reverse psychology does not work in the Idol Universe - it works better in Bizzarro land.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 10:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Hopefully either Lazaro or Burnell will go home tomorrow night. Lazaro should have been gone weeks ago, and as much as I love Burnell, Keith was right. He just didn't look comfortable tonight. His solo was awful, but his performance with Candice was great!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 10:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh Lazaro, you're sweet and everything, but how could you do that to my Freddie?!

Sadies... I'm hoping that reverse psychology DOES work!

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 10:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I don't get how no one was not to sing any form of a ballad tonight and Lazaro, as far as I'm concerned, sang as close to a ballad as you could get. Not fair to the others especially Brunell.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 10:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
In his first outfit (Lazaro).. umm, maybe Keith liked it, but I didn't want to see his entire package in outline.

And "We are the Shampions" <shudder> I'm gonna have to play Queen all day tomorrow to erase that.

And for heaven's sake, can't he remember lyrics? Nicki may be harsh, but she sure called him on that. I had to run the recording back, since I had been trying not to actually watch him that much.

He's gotten so smug too.

And Nicki loved his song .. ick.

And yes, more like a ballad. Of course it is a great song.

So do the judges want Burnell gone?

Snort.. Ricky Martin sexiness, indeed.

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 6:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
I thought Angie's song was closest to a ballad of all of them.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
The guys should go home next, first Laz, then Bernell. I'm hoping for a Kree/Candace/Amber final 3.

Dke1212

07-13-2005

Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dke1212 a private message Print Post    
I don't see what is so great about Angie. I haven't liked her since the beginning. I like Burnell but he will probably go tonight instead of Lazaro, who should go.

It should be Kree, Candice, Amber in final 3. My opinion, anyway.

And, I still like Nicki. She's funny and she makes sense...most of the time.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
As usual Im in the minority. I just cant warm up to Amber. Her voice is good but she leaves me ...meh. I sure hope Lazaro leaves tonight,then Burnell,then Amber.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
After the previous week's stinker of a show, I haven't watched last night's yet. Oddly enough, I feel that way about Angie though. There is something about her that I haven't warmed up to. I keep telling myself that I should like her performances but I just don't feel it.

The guys are totally outclassed. It is really a shame that the show is so unbalanced. Not having decent male performers is probably killing the ratings as well.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Yes Angie has a good voice too, but as one of the judges said-she seems kind of variety show-ish. I think she does better when shes at the piano and not dancing and mugging to the camera.I think if its not Lazaro tonight,it will be Angie.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think Janelle is the weakest female and there's a chance she'll go, but I expect it will be Burnell or Lazaro. Lazaro is clearly the weakest overall at this point, at least to my ears.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I like Candace, Kree and Janelle. I don't think Janelle has a chance of winning and I don't think she really needs it. I think she is the most improved and is stage ready now.

I have never warmed up to Angie either, she sure knows where the camera is at all times.

Amber is pretty, but I don't think she is as pretty as I think she thinks she is. JMO She should NEVER take fashion advice from Nikki. That one outfit was pretty tacky looking last night. I really did like her hair though.

Will I get in trouble if I ask if Lazaro puts a sock in it?

Donsgirl

08-01-2005

Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Donsgirl a private message Print Post    
I have not watched in two weeks. I do have it on the DVR. I may ff the episodes and stop at the good parts if there were any.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Ha! Ive never noticed that about Lazaro, Lazylu. I guess hes getting the teen vote? I think a lot of women may be voting for him too,but Im thinking hes gay.

I think Janelles my favorite. Shes not my favorite singer but I just like her and want her to win.Does anybody else think that Candace is on one level and everyone else is beneath her? She doesn't have a sparkly personality though.