TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
4/03 - Top 7 Week (Singing and Result...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XII: 4/03 - Top 7 Week (Singing and Results) users admin

AI12
American Idol (on FOX)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through April 04, 2013Lakecat25 04-04-13  11:28 am
Archive through April 04, 2013Jag200025 04-04-13  7:41 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
There is no way that Lazaro should still be there. So do you think that it is a given that the judges will save anyone but Lazaro next week?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
ICK.. yes.. was it the red pants, stuffed, that totally distracted people from Lazaro AGAIN forgetting lyrics?

I can hardly watch..like tonight when he was top three, he kept turning toward a camera and sort of baring his teeth.

And then mouthing the words to Burnell's song.. try learning your own songs.

The judges put him through in the firat place.

If next week is the last chance for them to save,I think they might save.. though not a one of them chose Janelle for final three, still, they have to hope Lazaro will leave soon.

I have a friend who watches and she says she LIKES Lazaro.. and she thought is terrible enunciation was an "accent". Huh? But I don't think she votes, at least. She would vote for Janelle if she voted.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The save could become an embarrassment. I think they have two more weeks to use it(???) and it would be awkward if they didn't use it at all - really if they don't use it next week (final 6) then the final 5 left in the following week will make it through to the next week (second final 5). It's very likely Lazaro will survive next week so I think they'd use it on anyone else except Janelle.

I really don't think it's Lazaro's packet that's getting him the votes, do teenagers even think that way (or am I just naive?)? I think it's the fact he's good looking and they think his speech issue makes him "awwww"able.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sea, I'm with you. When Burnell was singing for his life and Lazaro was mouthing the lyrics, I told hubby, "NOW he knows the lyrics?!" Ay yi yi! Lazaro in the top three??? Is America tone deaf?! Ugh!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
The Clicker described Lazaro as being "the beneficiary of a legion of teenage girls who must watch the show on mute." Ha!

http://theclicker.today.com/_news/2013/04/04/17606272-american-idol-fans-give-lazaro-a-shocking-save?lite

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I don't think it's a bunch of teenage girls, I think it's that stutter and people feeling sorry for him.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 10:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I wonder when the judges are going to start regretting putting him though in the first place.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 10:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
next week is the last week of the save. I believe.

If they don't use it, maybe they will bring someone back.

Donsgirl

08-01-2005

Friday, April 05, 2013 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Donsgirl a private message Print Post    
does he really not know the words or is it his way of saying I do not know the songs and this way getting sympathy from the public? (the young girls who keep him in) Oh poor me they give me these songs that I do not know it is not my fault.

I am old and I didn't notice his "package" until I saw it mentioned on here. I guess I just do not pay attention to them, I mostly listen. I did how ever go back and look. Husband did notice. The red pants and the way the jacket was shaped made it noticeable per my husband.

Donsgirl

08-01-2005

Friday, April 05, 2013 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Donsgirl a private message Print Post    
Oh and I did vote this time. I voted for Kree

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, April 05, 2013 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Why do they so often seem to end up with one guy who is really bad that they can't seem to get rid of? Why are the judges so incredibly stupid to put through someone like that in the first place? Maybe the producers think it makes the show more interesting?

I honestly don't think any of these people are that good (though obviously they are all a lot better than Lazaro). Sure some of them can sing on key but I don't feel they have shown any connection to the music or any true creative talent.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, April 05, 2013 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I have just one word for y'all: Sanjaya.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 05, 2013 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And on Sanjaya.. singing in a subway for tips? So I heard, anyway.

And of course, Vote For the Worst helps keep him too. (both of them)

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, April 05, 2013 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I think Kree has a beautiful voice, I don't think this weeks performance was the best she has had. I also don't think she is stage ready, but neither was Carrie Underwood when she won if you remember. So I will keep voting for her.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Friday, April 05, 2013 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I'm with Jimmer. I don't think any of them are that great. Maybe I've become spoiled from The Voice where I'm seeing much higher caliber of performers.

I think Lazaro has "Vote For The Worst" to thank for his longevity.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, April 05, 2013 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I am going to disagree here - Sanjaya was leaps and bounds a better singer than Lazaro and that is not saying much. He could enunciate and knew the rhythm if not always in tune.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Friday, April 05, 2013 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I agree with you, Sadiesmom. Sanjaya was better--Lazaro seems like a sweet young man, but his singing talent is just not all that good. I am amazed he's made it this far, into the top 20, even.

Maris

03-27-2002

Friday, April 05, 2013 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I don't think Lazaro is all that sweet

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Friday, April 05, 2013 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Lazaro does make Sanjaya look good. He needs to go.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 05, 2013 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't think Lazaro is sweet at all.. I think he's become cocky and manipulative with the poor me having to learn all these songs and his tears, and now mugging at the camera almost as bad as Constantine did.

Sanjaya WAS a better singer.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, April 05, 2013 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Here is the busking video - he sings art the end and it is way better than lazaro.
Sanjaya The Subway Singer? 'American Idol' Alum Now Busks In New York (VIDEO)

Smokey

07-08-2003

Friday, April 05, 2013 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Ooops, I guess I shouldn't have called Lazaro "sweet". I haven't watched all that closely because to me, this is the worst season ever. Ok, I will be blunt. He sucks.

Cindylouwho

01-27-2009

Saturday, April 06, 2013 - 5:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cindylouwho a private message Print Post    
Wow. Sanjaya sounded pretty good in that video.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, April 06, 2013 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
This show has totally run its course. We tried to watch The Voice, but hubby couldn't get past the stupid chairs.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Saturday, April 06, 2013 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I am still enjoying the show for the most part. I wish they would change the voting though, but having Lazaro still there they have probably got what they wanted, publicity. It is being talked about all over the Internet. Mostly bad, but he does have a lot of supporters and it has very little to do with his singing. I am not a fan!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, April 06, 2013 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
as long as they try to push the voting numbers up, it will get more skewed. They have found power voting to increase the numbers of votes that get in - The people at vote for the worst probably use it more than others. I watch off and on, but it takes a special reason to make me vote - like a good singer getting bussed.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Saturday, April 06, 2013 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom, The Voice is the only singing show my hubby will watch with me. We love the way the coaches banter back and forth with each other and Blake Shelton and Adam Levine are a hoot to watch.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: