TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 21, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XII: 3/20 - Top 9 Week (Singing and Results): Archive through March 21, 2013 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 4:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The theme for tonight is rumored to be Lennon/McCartney/Beatles, and the voting page for the 11th tour person says to tune in tonight (20th) for the results.

And thanks for getting the banner up, Jimmer :-) The guy's names just don't seem to want stick in my head this season.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
You're welcome, Naja. :-)

I guess it will be interesting to see what they do with that song selection (and it is quality music) but I do wish they would consider more current music. Just watching Dancing With the Stars the other night and they danced to current stuff so you would think that Idol could make that work too.

It appears that one of the girls has it won this season but we'll see.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
My guess is someone will sing Let it be. Someone will play the piano and do Hey Jude.

my favorite Beatles song when I was a kid was We can Work it out but it never gets picked, boo hoo.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Carley Rae Jepsen gets to appear on Idol each week being overly sweet and overly cute?
I wonder if they are bringing back Canadian Idol

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I see this has morphed into ballad idol allthe time.

Dear God, what is that version of she's leaving home - uh, not my favorite. Amber - ever heard the song before - I am soooo old.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I liked Kree and Brunell tonight soo far. Amber and especially Lazaro were really bad. I was around 18 when the Beatles came on the scene and I have never heard the song Amber sang.
The girl won the spot to go on Tour and Charlie went home.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
finally, there was a not a ballad. And it was performed very nicely.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Who performed it? :-)

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Casting my mind back. I think she's leaving home is on sgt peppers album. Was a great song full of emotion. amber missed it

Rslover

11-19-2002

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Yes, that was the album.

Anyone catch what Nicki said that was bleeped during Angie's performance, and just now with Devin?

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Candace was great and I thought Devin did good. Paul and Angie were just OK.
Candace performed the non ballad.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Candice Glover performed Come Together very soul/rock ish.

I thought She's leaving home was on Revolver. I could just go to amazon and look I suppose.....

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Thank you

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
You could be right Sadies

Rslover

11-19-2002

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
It's the 6th track on Sgt. Pepper.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Kree was great
I liked most of Burnell but sometimes he seems to change voice (not just pitch) and it bothers my ears.
I did not like Amber's "She's leaving home" at all, and it's hard to hear such a perfect song sung in a way that just doesn't connect with the words.
Oh Lazaro, :-( it just didn't seem heartfelt.
Candace sang well, but I still didn't like it.
I like Paul. Nicki called it safe, but to me that makes it more palatable.
Angie did really well with Yesterday.
Devin - too many runs but ok
Janelle was a bit uppy downy but ok. I didn't recognise the song though.

I think Lazaro should go.

For pretty much all of them, it's hard when they don't know songs that are so important to a lot of us. I think it's well past time to end Beatles' week.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Rslover, I believe at one point she called the pianist "the penis" and was bleeped.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 11:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Lazaro was bad, I didn't like Devin; the runs destroyed the performance.

Amber, didn't like so much, or Paul.

Candice sort over overdid it.
Janelle.. not sure what judges will say but I always loved that song, though it isn't one of the Beatles' biggies.

"I Will" was on the White Album. It was actually written by Paul McCartney in India, for his future wife, Linda Eastman, though it was credited to Lennon-McCartney. Sung by Paul

Very short song, which works ok on a show like this.

Liked Kree and Angie.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 11:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Nicki was worse.

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, March 21, 2013 - 12:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I felt sorry for Lazaro. He was trying to get the point across that he had picked another song and they made him pick another song the day before. He didn't have enough time and he was thrown org. American Idol has done this over the years to contestants and I wonder if it is strategy on their part.

devin reminds me of Tintin, hardto take him seriously

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, March 21, 2013 - 6:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Kree is my very favorite.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, March 21, 2013 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I really didnt like Janelles version. The White Album is my favorite and "I Will" is my favorite track,maybe thats why.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, March 21, 2013 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I thought Kree and Brunelle started the show off with a bang. Both were awesome. Amber's choice of "She's Leaving Home" was kind of obscure. I was thinking it was a tiny track on the back side of Sgt. Pepper (vinyl, of course). I thought she did well with it. They criticized her for not smiling, but it's not a happy song. It's kind of a sad song about a girl running away from home.

"I Will" has always been one of my favorites, but Janelle's version was weak.

Thought Paul and poor Lazaro were the two weakest links last night. I really wish Lazaro would get sent home for his own sake. He just can't handle the criticism. He's adorable, but his singing is all over the road with the pitch and his accent makes it sound like he's mumbling.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, March 21, 2013 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I liked Angie the best followed by Cree. Lazaro should go home but he wasn't that good last wk either & was still #4 w/the voters so it will prob be Devin (who was the best of the males IMO) or Paul that go tonight.

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, March 21, 2013 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I don't know why the judges like Paul so much