TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 06, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: X-Factor II: General Discussions: Archive through December 06, 2012 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, November 04, 2012 - 12:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
How can they compare ratings? Didn't they just start the actual shows.. not the auditions and judges' homes.

I had forgotten all about Khloe until I saw her and now have to have the finger on the FF to attempt to avoid her.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, November 04, 2012 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think that is a silly reason. I didn't watch most of the auditions and judges' homes because I find that part boring, over edited and manipulated and hard to follow but I did watch the live show. It had absolutely nothing to do with Khloe.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, November 04, 2012 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Exactly.. and they cannot count people who are boycotting because she is on the show.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 5:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I voted for Beatrice.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They just scheduled themselves off my DVR and I'm not motivated enough to program the upstairs DVR, I guess. Most of the time there are two other shows and I record/watch those.

And Khloe just makes it less likely for me to choose this show over The Voice, where I'm enjoying most performances and most coach comments as well.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
People complain about Khloe but Mario looks and acts equally plastic and fake. It's like they have two mannequins up there hosting. And Demi doesn't look any better. At least I am liking Britney far more than I thought I would.

The show is so over-produced, I have no clue if most of these singers have talent or not.

Then again, I'm not a big fan of The Voice either.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
On The Voice it is easier to FF through the "host" who interviews singers and such since she isn't up there on the stage ..

Mario I'm sure is almost as annoying.. and I have only seen the show once with the hosts and Khloe was obnoxiously inserting herself into the judging.

If X Factor isn't pitted in timeslots against two other shows I like better, then I'd watch, but last night I recorded and watched Survivor and The Voice so X Factor lost out. Too bad, since I like Simon.

The only Kardashian I ever liked (after he wrote the book saying OJ was guilty and how bad he felt for being on OJ's team.. Robert Sr, is dead and gone and I don't want to see any of the live ones if possible.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I like the Voice better than XF. It's more like listening to the radio and the judges personalities are more likable to me. They don't try to cut anyone down, but seem to find something nice to say even when a contestant does poorly.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
There is absolutely no chemistry between Mario and Khloe. She will look over at him, but he has never looked at her. He comes across that he doesn't like her, but they are on together so deal with it. I think Mario thinks way too much of himself, he is good looking but that only gets a person so far. I am not crazy about the Kardashian's, but out of them, I like Khloe the best.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I didn't watch because I, too prefer The Voice to this show. I would like to be spoiled though on who is still there.

I think this show is too over done too. I really like Simon & most always agree with what he has to say. I like Britney & Demi ok but can't stand the other guy. He just creeps me out!

I haven't really followed this show enough to even become a fan of any of the contestants except that teen girl, Carley (I think that's her name) & the group of 3 guys named Emblem something.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I have never watched The Voice. I have watched every episode of AI since the beginning. Not sure about the upcoming season though. I am also not as into The X Factor either. Carly is my fave at this point.

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Jason Brock is out. Cece also had to "sing for her life". Tate had the most viewer votes with the rest in this order:

2. Carly
3. Vino
4. Diamond
5. 5th Harmony
6. Emblem 3
7. Jennel
8. Paige
9. Lyric 145
10. Beatrice
11. Arin
12. Cece

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, November 09, 2012 - 1:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Was able to watch this tonight (and did watch auditions to some extent and some at the homes.. and one live show.. and the two in the bottom were two whose coaches really did them NO favors in styling. Cece looks less unique and worse than before.. already with roots in that way too blonde hair.. of course getting ride of the leopard spots was a good move, but NOT the hair.

And Jason looked clownish when he performed.. I've had other people with the same opinion of what L.A. did in terms of style to him and a friend actually thought Cece was gone already and hadn't recognized her as a blonde at all.

I thought both performed not well at all tonight.

I would agree that Khloe is the least objectionable of her clan, but I still wish for other hosts and maybe just one. Mario is as smirky as ever.

I just do not like that this is a competition between the judges, especially disliking LA and Demi, with Simon at least actually saying he could use the information to help his groups.

I know country fans are loyal, sigh.. but this country guy on top right now is pretty ordinary, IMO. Not bad, but not exciting..

I enjoyed the singing and support of The Voice tonight.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Friday, November 09, 2012 - 6:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I agree Sea, the country guy is just OK-nothing too special.

I was very surprised that Emblem 3 did not place higher. They are very relevent in today's music scene and have the best chance at having a mega Career.

I taped the Voice results and did not get a chance to see it yet. I love the judges interaction on this show. Not to mention the yummyness of Blake and Adam.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Friday, November 09, 2012 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I'm really liking Emblem 3 . . Carly and Beatrice too. Hope Cece leaves next.

Allietex

08-16-2002

Saturday, November 10, 2012 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Allietex a private message Print Post    
I disagree that Tate Stevens is ordinary. He has an authentic well developed country voice.

I guess you just have to be a country fan to appreciate him. It is kind of like me with rap. They can be the best around, but to me a rap singer is just boring.

He is about the only one they did not overproduce. With him it is what you see is what you get. Just stand there and sing his song. He really "gets it" about not letting it all go to his head. Stay humble and likeable.

He has talent, but more than that, he has experience. He knows how to please an audience. I just hope he does not let L.A. ruin him.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Sunday, November 11, 2012 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I agree that Tate Stevens is one of the top contedors & that he isn't being "overproduced". I also agree about rap "music". Rap is ok if the artist mixes some actual singing in with it.
My fav is still the teen, Carly followed by the group, Emblem 3. I have always liked boy bands & so do teenage gals.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, November 11, 2012 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I AM a country fan and I'm underwhelmed.

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Sunday, November 11, 2012 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
Throwing my into the discussion. My top favorites so far are also Carly and Emblem 3. I enjoy listening to Tate.

Taysmomcj

03-24-2008

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Taysmomcj a private message Print Post    
Just a question, not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere, but remember the Electric Company from when we were kids? Carly is a recurring actress from the current version of the show. My daughter is watching cause she knows her from this show.

Llkoolaid

08-01-2001

Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Llkoolaid a private message Print Post    
I think Carly Rose has the most talent, the other young girls, Diamond and I forget the little blondes name, they are good but Carly is leagues ahead of them in talent. I love Vino, like the boys group but think the girls group is better.

Underwelmed with Tate, Aaron and Paige.

Could someone just shoot me if CeCe doesn't get bounced tonight. Pathetic the way they are trying to make people like her, she is out of her league, needs a reality check, she is mediocre at best as a singer which would be ok if she had "it", but sadly she only has something that rhymes with "it".

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, November 23, 2012 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Carly Rose has been a fav of mine since the beginning. I hope she wins the whole thing!

IMO, the group of 5 gals are being saved every wk because voters like Simon. I'm so done w/CeCe! Who is voting to keep this gal there? Paige is better than CeCe. But, Paige can't win this! I don't care for Vino & I think it's his tatoo'd on hairline that bothers me. I know, that's shallow on my part. I wouldn't buy his music or pay to see him. Tate does what he does well. I'm happy to see him in 2nd place now w/Carly above him. Diamond really doesn't stand a chance to win. I enjoy seeing her & hope she lasts a few more shows. Emblem 3 has been a fav of mine from the start. I have found these 3 guys a bit immature & think it may be costing them voters. I hope Simon can help them get it together soon.

My 3 top fav's in order:
1) Carly Rose
2) Emblem 3
3) Tate Stephens

I don't care about the rest........

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, November 23, 2012 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree. I wouldn't be enjoying the show nearly as much without Carly Rose there. She is amazing. Tate and Vino seem like nice guys and good singers but I just don't see any wow factor (but obviously a lot of people do because they are getting a lot of votes).

Diamond is very good and has potential. The two groups are okay in a generic kind of way. They have very good voices but they aren't particularly unique.

Paige is kind of eh. And CeCe is a disaster (though I don't think she is a bad person).

Llkoolaid

08-01-2001

Saturday, November 24, 2012 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Llkoolaid a private message Print Post    
I don't care for country, so I am not a tate fan, but I guess he is good at what he does, I don't really know, country singers all sound the same to me. I think the reason he is so high in the ratings is because of country fans, and he is the only country singer.

I like to look at who left and where their votes will go, I think Aarons will go to the girl group cause of the thing with that girl and to the boy group because of young girls voting or maybe to Diamond. Tate isn't getting any of his votes that is for sure. I think Beatrice's votes will go to Carly Rose and possibly to the girl group, she is most like them. The diva's or the men won't pick up any of her votes. Next week I wouldn't be surprised if both Paige and Cece go home. fingers crossed for Cece to leave.

I like Paige, wish that Demi wasn't her coach, hate the look that she has given her.

Llkoolaid

08-01-2001

Saturday, November 24, 2012 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Llkoolaid a private message Print Post    
Judging the mentors I think Simon, Britney, and LA are doing a good job, Demi, imo, hasn't done anything for her singers. She ruined Jennel with her look alike clone thing, I really believe the change made people forget her, Simon was right, she should have left her as she was, she was soft and lovable, and Demi made her look hard. Demi has paige dressed up like something out of star wars, the girl was a natural beauty now she looks just weird. And the worst mistake she made was keeping Cece over the girl that cried, people loved her and her story, she would have had a fan base, not "vote for the worst."

Allietex

08-16-2002

Thursday, December 06, 2012 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Allietex a private message Print Post    
As far as Tate being high because of the country fans, you could say the same thing about Carly being high because of the teen pop fans. Every singer has his or her fan base mainly based on what kind of music they like.

The only thing I worry about Carly is that although she is head and shoulders ahead of the other pop singers on this show, she is just one among thousands of young girl pop singers out there. Is she good enough to compete and become a star. While I do listen to pop music, I am not really that knowledgeable about it.

But I feel I am knowledgeable about country music. I really believe that Tate is good enough to compete in the country field. I think he could be a really big star. I wish he could sing Garth every week because his voice and his style is made for Garth Brooks songs.

I think it is going to come down to these two singers and either one would be a creditable winner. Of course I am pulling for Tate, but I would not be really disappointed with Carly. I think this is a situation where both are going to have successful careers. I don't think LA is going to let Tate fade away. If Tate does not win, I think he will either produce him himself or put him in contact with someone who will.

I don't think any of the others have a prayer unless one of these two completely mess up.