TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 12, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: X-Factor II: General Discussions: Archive through October 12, 2012 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think he is talking about cancelling the British version.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hard to say.. she doesn't really specify which one or both or what.. but there is mention of the US version not doing well.

quote:

Description:Simon Cowell's been relentlessly teasing us for weeks with all the exciting new prospects for the next session of "X-Factor." But now, thanks to him, the show might not even happen at all!! Simon is actually considering canceling the whole show! He revealed that he’s already conceiving new shows to replace "The X-Factor" and that he’s been having second thoughts ever since the show didn’t do as well in America as he kept telling everyone it would. At the launch of "Britain’s Got Talent," Simo(1:08)

But of course there could be contracts for the US version.. well L A Reid would be the only one who might since Simon can certainly cancel his own contract, if any, and the others were all not re-hired.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 6:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I suspect Simon's ego has taken a bit of a bruising over this whole thing. AI has clearly survived without him, The Voice has got a big new audience and his new show seriously under-performed based on high expectations. Quite humbling.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 7:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
His new show underperformed because he had a couple of pretty unlikable judges. Nichole and what's his name never really connected with the audience, and some of us tuned out because of that.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yep.. it wasn't the contestants (well except Mr. " I won't and don't dance" who was still pushed on . I hate to see that sort of 'tude rewarded, and it was.

But Nicole was a disaster and I just cannot warm up to L A. And Paula let Nicole lead her in the direction of no responsibility, "I want to mentor not judge" mode to the detriment of some young people.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think there was a commercial for auditions for X Factor tonight..

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Brittany and Demi Lavato are the new judges. I am shocked that Brittany's family would put her in line for the hate that comes with judging from overzealous fans..

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Same with Demi Lavato who has been fragile as well. Plus Demi is so young to be judging others. I wonder which groups they will mentor? Given her age, it's hard to picture her mentoring the over thirties. Very strange choices IMO.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 10:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
And the more important question - who gets to give the lip syncing lesson?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 6:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL! You know on the plus side, at least these two are current young artists. Though that would work better on a show like AI where the contestants are all younger.

I will admit that I'm curious to see how it works and I guess that is what they were looking for from viewers.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, September 10, 2012 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Rumor has it that Khloe Kardasian will be the host for this show. Can I just say that I probably will not watch if she is the host?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, September 10, 2012 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/
tv/x_factor/4528118/Simon-Cowell-has-a-secret-breakdown-and-collapses-under-the-strain-of-work.html

This is from the Sun, likely to be somewhat exaggerated but they claim Simon Cowell had a breakdown due to stress and the effects of some botched facial surgery.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 - 6:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
The categories have apparently been changed.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 02, 2012 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Hosts will be Mario Lopez & Khloe Kardashian

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 03, 2012 - 1:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    

Donsgirl

08-01-2005

Monday, October 08, 2012 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Donsgirl a private message Print Post    
I have started watching this show. I was half listening to it and I heard them say Sophie Tweed Simmons moves on, well now this is Gene Simmons daughter, I am wondering why she is on this show and now think it is "fixed" they have not shown her doing any singing yet. They did show her sitting in the audiance playing on her white phone.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, October 08, 2012 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
They showed her singing during her audition. I can't remember what she sang though. She has a pretty voice. Not enough to win, I don't think.

Donsgirl

08-01-2005

Thursday, October 11, 2012 - 7:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Donsgirl a private message Print Post    
Thank you, I stand corrected, now the bad part is that I missed an episode or maybe I ff past her. Now I am going to have to go back and watch again. I think she is gone now.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Thursday, October 11, 2012 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I am enjoying this show so far, watched it last year also, and like the addition of Demi and Britney as judges. I think Demi is doing such a great job and look forward to seeing her in action with mentoring her group. Britney didn't have as much to say in the auditions, and quite often looked very uncomfortable . . and makes very strange facial expressions. anyone else noticed this? But I think she will do great with the teens.

I thought maybe LA would be a nicer guy this year, but last night proved not to be when he threw a little fit when he didn't receive the group he wanted. He is lucky though - he has some great talent in his group.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Thursday, October 11, 2012 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I seriously can't believe this guy didn't make it to the finals to judges houses- WTH :-(

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtr6w3_jeffrey-gutt-36-auditions-greensboro-nc-the-x-factor-usa-2012_tv

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 11, 2012 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
So who got what groups? Thanks!

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Thursday, October 11, 2012 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
Britney teens
Demi 17-24
LA 24+
Simon groups

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, October 11, 2012 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I think Carly Rose is fantastic! But the rest, so far, are doing great, too.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, October 11, 2012 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
The only one who I would be glad to see go (sooner the better) is Cecy (?), the girl with the leopard prints running on her face and legs. She is a good singer but so arrogant and nasty. Not very nice to be around.....

Donsgirl

08-01-2005

Friday, October 12, 2012 - 6:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Donsgirl a private message Print Post    
CeeCee is not a favorite of mine either or the girl she is up against, CC is arrogant and the other one cries alot. I am not a fan of children being on these shows, over 18 would be acceptable for me. I do not have a favorite yet. I think I missed an episode or 2 because there are a lot of people I had not seen before.