TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
General Pre-Show Discussion

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XII: General Pre-Show Discussion users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through October 04, 2012Sadiesmom25 10-04-12  12:23 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 - 6:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I had to LOL the other day when I heard people talking on the radio about what a train wreck this show will be.

Someone made the comment that Mariah is notoriously 3-4 hours late for everything and this could be the first time in Idol history that the live show won't start until 10:00 p.m. - LOL

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
If she was 3-4 hrs late and I was waiting on her,Id lay into her like Nikki did. I read that Jessica Sanchez will have a recurring role on Glee.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, January 25, 2013 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I had recorded all of the episodes but nothing I had heard, seen or read had made me want to spend time watching them...so last night I deleted them all. I will start watching when they get to Hollywood...maybe. Shame. I really enjoyed this show for a long time, but I don't want to watch Mariah and Nikki fight with one another (I almost watched them just to see that cutie Keith).

Escapee

06-15-2004

Friday, January 25, 2013 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
It's mostly Nikki. She's just so all over the place. It's as though she wants to be a lucrative part of the team, but doesn't have the talent/experience/skill that the others have so she's overcompensating by being over the top. None of her critiques are constructive. Just odd, mostly.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Friday, January 25, 2013 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
For the record Roxip, I have found Mariah to show great restraint. I find Nikki totally objectionable - in so many ways. Keith is a doll and a breath of fresh air and Mariah truly seems to want to critique the singers in a helpful way. Ms. Minaj (sp?) is the only one that is too self focused and off the wall. What a sad, sad judge.

There are still so many that will be eliminated in Hollywood that it wouldn't be bad to wait until the final 12 are chosen. Then we can really begin the process. Too bad we're stuck with Nikki!

Escapee

06-15-2004

Friday, January 25, 2013 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Never thought I would miss Paula Abdul's whackadoodle moods....

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, January 25, 2013 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'll never miss Paula.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, January 25, 2013 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Me neither!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, January 28, 2013 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Like I said, I will start watching when they get to Hollywood, and determine whether it is worth starting to watch the rest of the season. I've always enjoyed watching the talent develop, and seeing who is a total trainwreck.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, July 18, 2013 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
mjsbigblog.com reported that the turn out at auditions is off, they count them in hundreds rather than thousands.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, August 04, 2013 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
So glad that Keith will be back as a judge. He was good. I heard that Jennifer Lopez is close to signing. I could probably do without her.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, August 09, 2013 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think we need a general Idol thread for discussion of past idols.

here is one sad story
Justin Guarini Opens Up About American Idol: It Was “Extremely Damaging”

----------------------------quote------------
“American Idol did wonders for my career, but it was also extremely damaging for my life. [I realized] that I was not living the dream that I thought I was living.”

After starring in the critically panned film From Justin to Kelly, Guarini went on to release his debut album in 2003. Unfortunately, his CD performed just as badly as his movie did, selling less than 150,000 copies.

In December of that year — following what he calls his “pathetic” album sales and the “abysmal film” — Justin found out he’d been dropped by both the American Idol management team and his record label RCA. “I found out that I was dropped simultaneously via Saturday Night Live," he explains. "I didn’t get a phone call, I didn’t get an email. I found out when Tina Fey made a joke about me."
------------------------------------

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, August 17, 2013 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Jennifer Lopez is coming back as a judge, says her boyfriend.

http://www.eonline.com/news/449805/jennifer-lopez..../

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Oh no!

At least she will pick some young good looking guys, hopefully they will be able to sing. LOL

Ruthamc

05-09-2011

Monday, August 26, 2013 - 6:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ruthamc a private message Print Post    
Dr. Luke is conformed to be third judge. Don't know anything about him.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, August 29, 2013 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I have never heard of Dr. Luke.
Is he a rapper?

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, August 29, 2013 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/dr-luke-joining-idol-due-conflict-interest-article-1.1437992

still have no clue who he is

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, August 29, 2013 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I heard they are talking to Harry Connick now, who would make an awesome judge. He gave such great criticism when he was on the show last season.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, September 01, 2013 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I really enjoy Jennifer Lopez's personality, but I cringe when she tries to do sexy dances and poses in her act or videos. I feel embarrassed for her. She makes lots of money doing it so maybe not too many feel the way I do about it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Fox made it official this morning. The judges will be Jennifer, Harry, and Keith.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/09/03/..../

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
It might be a decent season after all.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm good with that. Yay! Finally some decent judges. And even if JLo can be wishy washy, it's always fun to see what she's wearing!

Maris

03-27-2002

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Love Harry Connick as a judge, Love keith too, even if he does talk too much about the upper register and is far too kind. Jennifer is fine too. I have to say, I did like Niki, she was fun.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i may start watching again.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, September 27, 2013 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wow.. article in the Star claims that not only did JLo get a big salary increase, but a huge trailer with two tanning booths included, car and driver for her kids and nanny at all times, inclusion of her manager on salary AND her boy toy boyfriend.. access and parking too, plus certain huge candles at each location, all white in her areas and the policy that no one can look at her face except certain designated people.

Some things were deemed necessary for her "performances" on the show, too.

And she was guaranteed that she would be the only female judge.

Sigh. Even as bad as last season was I didn't want JLo back.

Harry and Keith should be fine and hopefully between them they can counteract the JLo effect.

And losing Jimmy Aldeen, so sad.. and putting Randy in his spot? Pfft.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Friday, September 27, 2013 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
They may as well name it JLo's show. I did not care for her as it was, but being a diva is a big turn off for me.
I am sure there are plenty of other shows for me to watch.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, October 19, 2013 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am watching some show called "Crook and Chase" and their guest is Scotty McCreery. Holy smokes, when did Scotty grow up and get sexy? He really is an amazing star. I'm watching and hearing him sing I wonder how it took winning AI for him to be noticed. But then I remember he was like 16 and no one ever saw him before....LOL

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I guess J Lo has thrown out her boy toy.. I wonder if she will keep his perks for someone new?

I noticed that Crystal Bowersox was or will be playing at the Coach House (small venue in OC) but seeing others listed for gigs there, no shame in being in that group. And I meant to save the ad, because of course I've forgotten every single name.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, November 08, 2013 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Ad for season 13, the good news is that it is not a year divisible by 3, usually the worst years like a star trek movie divisible by 2 or not divisible by 2, I forget.

First they swear, swear I tell you , that the results show will be 1/2 an hour and then they just released this video celebrating the stars through the year, mostly Carrie, heh.

Who Will Take the Crown? - AMERICAN IDOL SEASON XIII

This is one of the best ads they have had in years, I have also heard about expanding the song list and other good rumors - they also released a clip the other day where almost every contestant had a guitar.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I agree Sadiesmom, that is one of the best ads they have had in years.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Fantastic reviews for Fantasia's return to Broadway:

Hugh Jackman and wife Deborra Lee Furness, famed pop singer Darlene Love, Mary Louise Parker, and R&B star Freddie Jackson were just a few of the celebs in the star studded audience last night for the opening of “After Midnight.” The jukebox jazz show stars Fantasia Barrino– yes, Fantasia from “American Idol”– in the show that may establish her once and for all as the leading vocalist of her generation. With an incredible cast of dancers and singers including Dule Hill (the star of TV’s Psych) and the amazing Adriane Lenox, “After Midnight” is an authentic, organic pleasure.

[...] But the spotlight is on Fantasia, whose numbers include “Stormy Weather,” “I Can’t Give You Anything But Love,” and a show stopping “Zaz Zuh Zaz.” Fantasia has now matured beyond her “Summertime”-”American Idol”– and hip hop albums of the last couple of years. This is her groove, and I hope she knows it. She is literally channeling and updating Billie Holiday and Dinah Washington. She is so the real thing. There must be a market for this in a world of crass, amusical pop ( you know who I mean). And she’s only going to get better with age. Showbiz 411

[...] Let me go a step further to say that Tasia is the best goddamn thing on Broadway at the moment. Yes, we’ve taken her to task for questionable comments she’s made about queer people in the past. But the past is the past, and if you have an ounce of sense in your brain, you will rush to see After Midnight before her run with the show ends on February 9. Hers is the type of performance that doesn’t come along but two or three times per decade. Queerty

[...] Of her four solo spots Ms. Barrino shines brightest performing the standard “I Can’t Give You Anything but Love,” her tangy voice embracing the Dorothy Fields and Jimmy McHugh classic with obvious affection. She’s also delightful when flirting with a quartet of catcalling guys in the lesser-known “Zaz Zuh Zaz” (by Cab Calloway and Harry White), creditably playing a vampy chanteuse with a naughty smile. (Her mouth seems to hold twice as many teeth as everybody else’s.) Although I admired Ms. Barrino’s heartfelt performance in “The Color Purple,” I was surprised at how smoothly and intuitively she slid into the vocal persona of a jazz singer. [...] NY Times

Fantasia is fantastic putting her own fine stamp on a few standards...and her scat is music to jazz lovers ears. NY 1

[...] One of the biggest surprises here is the star attraction. Broadway purists like to be sniffy about American Idol discoveries and their melisma-heavy vocal stunts. But Fantasia proved an exception – with solid acting chops to boot – when she stepped confidently into the lead role in The Color Purple in 2007. While her shoulder tattoo art is out-of-period, her performance here plunges into the jazz-blues vocal styles of another era, evoking everyone from Bessie Smith and Billie Holiday to Lena Horne and Ella Fitzgerald on such standards as “Stormy Weather,” “On the Sunny Side of the Street” and “I Can’t Give You Anything But Love.” She even gives a rousing nod to Cab Calloway on “Zaz Zuh Zaz,” with Bradley and the guys answering her scat call-and-response from the box seats. Fantasia’s vocal skills are no secret, but she also nails the period moves and attitudes with supreme finesse, playing the baby doll in one breath and the torchy siren in the next. And she looks gorgeous in Toledo’s knockout gowns. [...] Hollywood Reporter

Tishala

08-01-2000

Saturday, December 14, 2013 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Congrats to Fantasia for her three Grammy nominations this year! What an honor to see talent honored for each of her releases.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: