TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 21, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: X-Factor II: General Discussions: Archive through March 21, 2012 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 7:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Just starting an area/thread for this. I'll move some posts over from the AI area.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 30, 2012 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The X-Factor threads got deleted so I figured I would mention here that the host, Steve, got fired and won't be back next season.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 30, 2012 - 11:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
According the articles being posted in other areas of tvch, it's looking like Nicole and Paula are fired, too! I am holding out hope that Paula isn't fired. I love her!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I've heard both Nicole and Paula are gone. I won't miss Nicole at all. I was never a big Paula fan but I am surprised if she is gone because I thought she had a lot of fans and a good working relationship with Simon.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I don't watch the show, but I was reading this morning that Paula is definitely out.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Simon Cowell Thinks X Factor Needs Bigger Celebrities on the Panel

The X Factor bloodbath has begun. Steve Jones, Nicole Scherzinger and most surprisingly, Paula Abdul will not be returning for Season 2.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the X Factor casting changes are coming from one key confab being held in the U.K. where Simon Cowell has assembled his team for a post-mortum. The purpose is to figure out what went wrong and what went right on season 1. Here are the deets:

<more at the link>

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/simon-cowell-thinks-x-factor-needs-bigger-celebrities-on-the-panel.htm

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
IMO that is the last thing it needs. It's already too much about the judges. In fact, it is too much about everything except hearing the contestants sing.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I knew I wasn't blind when I couldn't find the thread!!

Is Paula confirmed? I know Steve and Nicole have been confirmed. I love Paula!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Simon's celebrity has gone to his head. He does think it is all about him, he always thought Idol was all about him. I think the media paid him too much attention and that confused him and grew his ego. If the singers do not become successful, it will maybe bring some sense to him. But I doubt it.

Bonzacat

07-08-2003

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonzacat a private message Print Post    
Early rumors have Mariah Carey as a likely new judge. Whatever happens, four judges is too many judges, so I hope they only add one.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They need four though if they're going to stick to the standard mentor format of separating girls, boys, groups, over 30's. I think the mentoring is a good idea, but they've got to pull back about making it so competitive between the judges. And I thought LA was the worst for that so I'm a bit miffed he's still there!

Bonzacat

07-08-2003

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonzacat a private message Print Post    
"Paula Abdul confirms 'X Factor' exit"

Here is her full statement: “Yes, it’s true; I won’t be returning to The X Factor next season. I’ve learned through my longevity in this industry that business decisions often times override personal considerations. Simon [Cowell] and I, along with Fox and [producers] Fremantle, have been communicating about this for a while now, and I have absolute understanding of the situation. Simon is, and will remain a dear friend of mine and I’ve treasured my experience working this past season with my extended family at Fox and Fremantle. I want nothing more than for The X Factor to exceed ALL of their wildest dreams. This truly has been a blessing and I am most grateful.”

click link for the rest of story

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/01/31/paula-abdul-x-factor/

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
:-(

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Very gracious. I will miss her heart for the singers.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 10:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I want Cheryl Cole or whatever her name is back.
Don't be surprised if Cat Deeley replaces Steve Jones.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 6:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
On Extra last night I caught Nicole saying "I'm first and foremost a performer and THEN I'm a judge." I about rolled off my bed when I heard that, and she was absolutely serious. WTH???? (I truly think her best days are behind her. She rocked it as part of a group. She's awful when she's all alone. Especially if her performance on X Factor is any indication. That was PAINFULLY awful!)

I was kinda sad to hear Paula is leaving, but I'd also heard it wasn't really even Simon's choice.

I'm a bit disappointed LA Reid will still be there. I didn't watch much but whenever I saw him, I didn't really see him add much. I guess, though, he had an F2 finisher, yes?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think with LA he has so many ins into the industry that they couldn't lose him. Shame though, because I thought he contributed most to the negative tone last season.

Apparently the network said Paula had to go, not Simon.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
LA had the 3rd and 4th placers.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well Nicole said during the season, after the total fiasco where she wouldn't commit to a vote that she is really a mentor and didn't WANT to JUDGE anyone. Well, then.. don't accept a job as a judge.

Paula had heart but not on this show.. other than for her singers.. she mostly just viged with Nicole and that wasn't a good thing for Paula, IMO.

And I don't like L A Reid.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, February 03, 2012 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I can not stand Mariah. Don't like her music or
Her personality. I think a good addition would
Be Kelly Clarkson.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I thought Melanie did well in the super bowl ad.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
just realized Christa Collins from Wooly Bandits(last season) is girl I used to babysit and chaperone on tv show shoots....such a sweet girl back then that tragically lost her mom too soon

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Just saw a preview for the next "Person of Interest" show and ASTRO , the rap star(??????), will be on. I know I won't be watching!!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 10, 2012 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Reportedly Britney Spears will be a judge.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hmm or not at all..

http://www.aol.com/video/simon-cowell-to-cancel-xfactor/517310060/